1st Test: England v Australia

Even if Tendulkar only makes another 1000 runs he will be pretty close to 14,000. It is going to be very hard for Ponting to chase that down. Unless his form picks up, because he has been pretty average for a year now.

Are you serious? He's been pluggin along at the same speed as Tendulkar whilst captaining the side as well...

Ponting - 2008 - 1182 Runs at 59
Tendulak - 2008 - 1063 Runs at 48

Do the maths...

Lol at Dizzy. When asked if this pitch was similar to the one he scored the double ton on:

"Oh nah I don't think so. The Bangladesh pitch was seaming a lot, heaps of carry. You had to be really good to score runs out there"

Dizzys a character haha. Good bloke.

That was funny as, Damien Fleming is a funny one as well.

Fox Sports > SBS FTR.

He'll probably give up one dayers soon enough - Just like Steve Waugh before him... I reckon he'll come close... Sachin's a master there's no doubting... I reckon it'll be close...

Form comes and goes - It helps the subcontinent teams get to play most of their games against sub par competition. Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Zimbabwe!?!?!?

Forgot to add NEw Zealand to that list...

India played NZ in just 2 test series against NZ in the last 7 years. India have`nt played a test series against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh for some time now.

I would`nt call Sri Lanka and Pakistan sub par.

While slightly off-topic, I must point out from about 5 or 6 pages ago, that we now have a new word in our English dictionary.

I like it.

Haha. Lol the term is agrestic which means rural but in my opinion the double g adds the aggresive tone to it.

i think he will the english attack has lacked the fire power harmison would of given them

Freddie's the danger man... He just takes wickets when he gets the ball - He was the only one who managed to do so really when they were here

He was a little wide to Katich but a nice start to Ponting. You can see he is just building into it haha. This spell is going to be dangerous.

When Harmison is on song. There's a good chance he loses the fire. Yeah i expect Onions to come into the side.

He was a little wide to Katich but a nice start to Ponting. You can see he is just building into it haha. This spell is going to be dangerous.

he's such a big bloke you can just sense the ball cops a pounding when it hits the pitch... the others never look menacing enough - they need to fire up

Tendulkar v Ponting is never a healthy discussion. How about Swann v Broad with the bat?

Users who are viewing this thread