2007 Twenty20 World Championship

Yeah. If they can really get going. Full pace and slower balls they could be deadly. One advantage they have it their slowing ball just being so much slower than their regular ball.

Exactly, the more pace you have, the more effective your slower ball if you disguise it well

Also, batsman don't enjoy facing really quick bowling as such. If you as a batsman are worried about the next 90mph rocket about to come down, then the ball that barely reaches you is going to be such a surpise.

Take the Akhtar/Bell ball for instance. Completely deceived. Or the Lee/Strauss Ashes 2005 delivery that bowled Strauss. Lee hit Strauss on the head with a 90+ mph bouncer, shook him up, followed it up with a slower ball, Strauss was too early with the shot and was bowled.

It's a trick England bowlers need to learn. Instead of bowling slower balls that are easy to spot and aren't that much slower.

Australia again looking favourites. Biggest hitters, very useful and different bowlers, best fielders and plenty of all-rounders.

Micheal and David Hussey in the same team.
Austrlaia have everything, big hitting batsmen, pace bowlers, spin bowlers.
Announcing a squad this early proves how confindent they are of winning this as well.

Well we don't have spin bowlers. Cullen shouldnt be in the team.

Fantastic news for Indian fans.

Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Saurav Ganguly drop themselves from the 20/20 tournament because they dont consider themselves fit for the format

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/301181.html

Thats a really really good decision. I thought India might opt for star power in place of fitness and young blood. But the seniors have really stumped us by opting out of this world cup. really really great decision by the seniors

Now it remains to be seen who is made the captain. Ideally, it should be Yuvraj Singh considering that he is a senior among the current team (without the glorious trio) and also that he had returned to good form in the recent series. He also has a very good aggressive instinct unlike Dravid and such captaincy works well with India (Ganguly!).

I am very eager to see how India performs in this tournament. I am very optimistic of their chances now that the senior trio have opted out.

INDIA STAND AN EVEN BETTER CHANCE NOW!

I read sohum's comment in a deleted thread about the ICC feeling slightly unhappy after the trio's pull out. Well to reply to sohum, I think its not going to matter much at all. The 20-20 is naturally going to bring in the crowds because of its slam-bang style of cricket. Most of the matches are going to witness close to full houses (also becoz the matches will be done in very short time). So the absence of the seniors (Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly) wont hurt the ICC at all (even if India are packed off in the tournament early, it wont hurt the ICC like it did in the 50 over world cup).

Last edited:
Yuvjay should skipper. It'd be good experience being as he will be India's next captain unless KKD really kicks on in the nezt few years. I like seeing you recall Raina and Kaif.

Yuvaraj wont be the captain.Infact,it is almost certain that MSD will lead the side with Kaarthik as his deputy.

Yuvaraj wont be the captain.Infact,it is almost certain that MSD will lead the side with Kaarthik as his deputy.

Not necessarily. Yuvraj is still in the reckoning, more so after his good batting in the recent series. Yes, he had discplinary problems, but for the people concerned, good form precedes everything else. Dhoni being vice captain in ODI's doesnt necessarily mean he will be the automatic choice as captain.

Users who are viewing this thread