A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

I did, but that is of a test match and so the AI pacing issue is very different. What I'd like to see is if the pacing is fixed for limited overs matches -- especially does it take the match situation (NRR, no of wickets fallen etc) into account when batting

True but i bet MattW just needs his beauty sleep before you get some answers.

Matt never sleeps, never. Matt is a machine. He is The Matrix.

True i bet he is playing the game as we speak. Just selfish :lol

PS Knowing there is a better version being played as i just finished making 458 all out on pro and now i have to bowl, sure bowling is ok but the runouts and mid on and off problem is just no fun.

I did, but that is of a test match and so the AI pacing issue is very different. What I'd like to see is if the pacing is fixed for limited overs matches -- especially does it take the match situation (NRR, no of wickets fallen etc) into account when batting

Bearing in mind BA have had only 3-4 weeks to work on this patch it would be asking a lot to expect all this to be implemented (would love to be wrong of course)

A small tweak for the game i would love is speed also for spin bowlers. PS MattW did you see more runs down to third man of edges, love to see it happen.

Bearing in mind BA have had only 3-4 weeks to work on this patch it would be asking a lot to expect all this to be implemented (would love to be wrong of course)

Depends on how the game is designed and implemented. Given how much thought BA has put into the game, and the time spent on developing and tuning the game engine, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and hope this is fixed.

Alright so Far the patch looks great. Ross can Tournaments be added to Career mode sooner or later? There is no world cup / champions trophy or World t20.

@MattW, has this been fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuSCzdyJsDI

Recorded that last night. In the slo mo version, at the time the batsman scoops the ball, the fielder is approx 15-20m away from the ball before he then ZOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMS to the ball. :eek: dunno bout you lot but I call bullsh#t.

I'm at work so can't really watch the long video, however can you please confirm if (in career mode):

1. AI batting has improved
2. AI bowlers stop fielding everything
3. Superhuman fielders have been fixed (incl super accurate throws at the stumps)
4. Batsmen at the non-strikers end now ground their bats at all times esp when cancelling runs
5. warping of fielders (ref video above)
6. AI field settings have been improved (think it is from what I've read)
7. Are we able to edit team rosters (and esp batting lineups) during the career mode?
@Ross, thanks so much for allowing us to practice with our batsmen in the nets in between matches - I know I was one of the people asking for it and am stoked that you guys listened!! :thumbs I didn't expect to get any benefit from the nets sessions (other than just timing), but adding xp points is an even bigger bonus. So thanks again.

In effect we have - the AI will not choose them, but they are still there for human - we can't just remove as they are now part of a users save profile - however, you can go in and remove them in the academy and make the fields you want to use for human teams.

I've just double checked this fields - sorry they are locked - we can't change what is there as we need to ensure you always have legal fields available - if you could edit the defaults it's possible to remove any legal fields and that would cause a crash - we didn't want that.

To confirm though the AI will use more relevant fields for different match types and match situations.

I've just double checked this fields - sorry they are locked - we can't change what is there as we need to ensure you always have legal fields available - if you could edit the defaults it's possible to remove any legal fields and that would cause a crash - we didn't want that.

To confirm though the AI will use more relevant fields for different match types and match situations.

In the situation where someone like Tru Blu may want a DBC GOTY edition (or the like), would this be something that could be or would be fixed/changed in a full new retail version?

First off, general disclaimer - posts represent what I have found while playing. Maybe you play differently and might have issues I've missed, I can't account for that.

No, default fields can't be edited.

Edges are vastly improved - they happen more frequently, and carry more often than not. I've gotten some amazing catches off the edge, including at first slip.

I find the AI to be better in pretty much every regard. I can't judge how well they are bowling to me, because I'm not good enough at batting to be really pushing it - but for bowling, it's harder to get wickets - especially on Pro difficulty - In my experience they've put a stop to being able to roll teams for 10. Basically, Pro feels like Veteran but with more forgiving controls.

A much lower proportion of my wickets are coming from outfield catches, and of those remaining, they are more spread around the ground, instead of just at mid-on.

The fatigue issue is fixed and when you get fatigued, the range is nowhere near as dramatic.

No.

In terms of bowling to the AI, Im not really encouraged by this, because even on legendary difficulty bowling is way too easy. If you were to say "Pro feels like Biblical Mode when bowling to the AI" Id feel a little more at ease :D

In terms of bowling to the AI, Im not really encouraged by this, because even on legendary difficulty bowling is way too easy. If you were to say "Pro feels like Biblical Mode when bowling to the AI" Id feel a little more at ease :D

Agree. Playing on Legend in T20s, I never saw the AI score more than 100.

Without fixing the AI batting/pacing (esp. considering the match situation), the game really has no challenge. Which is a pity given how awesome the rest of the game is.

Hoping to hear more details from Matt on this specific issue in patch 2.

Agree. Playing on Legend in T20s, I never saw the AI score more than 100.

Without fixing the AI batting/pacing (esp. considering the match situation), the game really has no challenge. Which is a pity given how awesome the rest of the game is.

Hoping to hear more details from Matt on this specific issue in patch 2.

Yep, if the AI batting isn't fixed to a standard that makes for a competitive match, and the AI are still setting illegal fields these are game-breakers for me.

Don't know what other people's opinions are, but the AI field setting post patch #1 seemed dramatically worse than pre-patch in terms of setting illegal and crazy fields with massive gaps. I tested this by uninstalling the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread