Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

We need to learn how to get tail-enders out. Lets take them out early tomorrow. Good day overall but it could have been much better if we could have got them out.

I don't know how far it goes back, but we've had this problem as long as I can remember...

----------

But whatever, let's just blame it on Dhoni's "defensive tactics".

Should have had them there below 200. So disappointing to see our age old inability of not cleaning up the tail coming back to haunt us. I hope it doesn't cost us the match. One consolation is that Australia don't have the kind of spinners even to the average level of Ashwin, Ojha and Jadeja to trouble us (the non-Indians will be happy that I called our spinners "average").

Ashwin is bamboozling Australia this series on home wickets. He couldn't do it against England when they toured us. Can't say Australia don't know Ashwin. They played him in Australia (well most of them). And Ashwin is not a mystery spinner like Mendis or Narine. And the Aussies know him through IPL well enough.

Ashwin has improved quite a bit, it seems he's learned from his mistakes against England(I know, an Indian player has actually learned from his mistakes! :p).

Think he used to bowl a Carrom ball every other over or something ridiculous like that, now he's bowling one every ten overs or so and it's actually working more so because of that.

I have a very sneaky feeling that Sachin might have an announcement to make after this match. His brother, Ajit Tendulkar, has dropped in to Kotla to watch this test. Even if its because its Sachin's last test in India, I doubt if it could be because its Sachin's last test ever. Sachin most likely wont announce anything before the game ends, so that it does not distract the team.

No matter if its his last test or his last test 'in India', it will be memorable for sure tomorrow to watch him bat. I am staying up tonight.

Australia's day you'd have to say. Plenty of doctors demons in the pitch, so we should be able to roll India for around 200 pretty easily.

Ashwin has improved quite a bit, it seems he's learned from his mistakes against England(I know, an Indian player has actually learned from his mistakes! :p).

Think he used to bowl a Carrom ball every other over or something ridiculous like that, now he's bowling one every ten overs or so and it's actually working more so because of that.

and not to forget that he has actually stopped useless pause he did before deliveries.

I haven't been watching these games live, but its nice to hear this. Hope this rubs off on Ashwin's performances overseas when we tour the likes of South Africa, NZ and England. Ashwin can take heart from the fact that Kumble was also initially very much a home bully and a kitten abroad. Its only from approximately 2003 onwards that Kumble worked majorly on balancing out that trend. It took a decade for Kumble to turn it around overseas. If it can take Ashwin half that time, he would do good.

But he has to perform overseas. I am hoping he does that. I was wanting to drop him for sometime before he comes back a better bowler, but looks like he is learning on the job itself but if he doesn't perform overseas, there's no point.

I have a very sneaky feeling that Sachin might have an announcement to make after this match. His brother, Ajit Tendulkar, has dropped in to Kotla to watch this test. Even if its because its Sachin's last test in India, I doubt if it could be because its Sachin's last test ever. Sachin most likely wont announce anything before the game ends, so that it does not distract the team.

No matter if its his last test or his last test 'in India', it will be memorable for sure tomorrow to watch him bat. I am staying up tonight.

If you really think about it, there's no real point in him making the trip to South Africa, we're not going to win (the series), simple as. I rather take one of our countless number of promising young batsmen(preferably Rohit Sharma or Manoj Tiwary) and watch him get shat all over by the South African pace attack, all in hope that he learns from his experience. :D

Australia's day you'd have to say. Plenty of doctors demons in the pitch, so we should be able to roll India for around 200 pretty easily.

Wouldn't mind that tbh, maybe then we'll finally get a competitive match going between the two teams. :rolleyes

I haven't been watching these games live, but its nice to hear this. Hope this rubs off on Ashwin's performances overseas when we tour the likes of South Africa, NZ and England. Ashwin can take heart from the fact that Kumble was also initially very much a home bully and a kitten abroad. Its only from approximately 2003 onwards that Kumble worked majorly on balancing out that trend. It took a decade for Kumble to turn it around overseas. If it can take Ashwin half that time, he would do good.

But he has to perform overseas. I am hoping he does that. I was wanting to drop him for sometime before he comes back a better bowler, but looks like he is learning on the job itself but if he doesn't perform overseas, there's no point.

As bad as Ashwin was in Australia, he still out did his predecessor by quite a bit.

Ravichandran Ashwin in Australia
jqNeBem.png

gE7qIqh.png

Harbhajan Singh in Australia
b3L9n6m.png

595a58f9fbed4b2885592e2.png

But you're right, he has to perform overseas and SA would be a good place to start doing so.

If you really think about it, there's no real point in him making the trip to South Africa, we're not going to win (the series), simple as. I rather take one of our countless number of promising young batsmen(preferably Rohit Sharma or Manoj Tiwary) and watch him get shat all over by the South African pace attack, all in hope that he learns from his experience. :D

Wouldn't mind that tbh, maybe then we'll finally get a competitive match going between the two teams. :rolleyes

As bad as Ashwin was in Australia, he still out did his predecessor by quite a bit.

Ravichandran Ashwin in Australia
jqNeBem.png

gE7qIqh.png

Harbhajan Singh in Australia
b3L9n6m.png

595a58f9fbed4b2885592e2.png

But you're right, he has to perform overseas and SA would be a good place to start doing so.

Its too pessimistic to already start thinking that we won't win in South Africa. Its going to be super tough, but miracles/special wins have happened in cricket. I am not going into any series with the notion that India will lose it.

I wouldn't mind Sachin going to South Africa, but I wouldn't also mind Sachin not going to South Africa.

This. He has put great control on not using the carrom ball. He rarely used that carom ball this series except against tail-enders. That carrom ball was one of the main reason for his messy length because he overused it. He has focused solely on his off spin which is always good to see. But as mentioned above that we should not get excited and should wait and see how he does overseas.

Should have had them there below 200. So disappointing to see our age old inability of not cleaning up the tail coming back to haunt us. I hope it doesn't cost us the match. One consolation is that Australia don't have the kind of spinners even to the average level of Ashwin, Ojha and Jadeja to trouble us (the non-Indians will be happy that I called our spinners "average").

Ashwin is bamboozling Australia this series on home wickets. He couldn't do it against England when they toured us. Can't say Australia don't know Ashwin. They played him in Australia (well most of them). And Ashwin is not a mystery spinner like Mendis or Narine. And the Aussies know him through IPL well enough.
He's done great, but I've really enjoyed Jadeja as well this series.

Last edited:
This habit of giving away lot of runs to the tailenders is really frustrating. Why can't our quicks finish of the tail?

Top knock from Siddle. Just hope that he didn't give the Indians too many pointers on how to bat on this deck.

Top knock from Siddle. Just hope that he didn't give the Indians too many pointers on how to bat on this deck.

Yeah, true. Better give all those pointers to the top order batsman in his own team. They need all of that in the second innings.

9 five-fers in 16 test matches for Ashwin. Some serious numbers for him!

----------

100 wickets for Ojha.

----------

So team really wants Rahane in the middle order and not as an opener.

Users who are viewing this thread