Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

Lyon did a great job now we need to get the remaining two wickets ASAP tomorrow

13 out of his 16 tests have been in India? Crazy numbers. Where as since 2010 2/3rds of NZ tests have been away from home.

Really? That's what you came up with? So, it means every bowler who plays at home should get 5-fer, eh?

Finally some fight from Australians. Good bowling by Lyon and good to see Jadeja contributing. Match is balanced now and pressure will be on India because we have to bat last on this pitch. Exciting 2 days ahead.

Much better performance from Australia. Must be Shane Watson's genius captaincy that's made the difference.

Brearley-like I reckon, real cerebral captaincy, a proper thinker.

After that century opening stand, expected India to dominate Australia but must both say that Australia came back pretty well and India fluffed it up quite bad. A mere 4 run lead with only two wickets to go is nothing to rave about. With this pitch playing lots of tricks, batting last is going to be a huge challenge. Hope Bhuvi Kumar somehow scraps to a 50 run lead with some help from Ishant and Ojha tomorrow. A 50 run lead will give India some cushion. After that century opening stand, we should have aimed for a 125+ lead.

Australia are slightly ahead here, I would say! But just a tiny bit of an inch ahead.

P.s: Is Rahane asking for a middle order spot? If yes, apparently his wait for a test cap is JUSTIFIED. Not to belittle him, but BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS! A guy who started off his career as an opener, can't bat at the top? Pujara is well settled at No.3 and today was a major disturbance of that routine. Yes Pujara scored today, but that doesn't mean he opens everyday. Or is it part of BCCI/selector's strategy to save face after they said they picked Rahane as a middle order batsman?

In all this, its so easy to not notice that Murali Vijay has gotten into a marathon kind of form. He and Ashwin are fighting it out tooth and nail for the MOS award.

Hope he carries this form into South Africa. He came into the side again due to probably his CSK connection, but he has grabbed it gleefully with both hands and has made sure people at least for sometime shut up their mouths.

^Specially coming after such a lean patch in the domestic season too.I thought he would fail and make way for Dhawan mid series.

I am not sure but I think Vijay has actually played in SA before.

Users who are viewing this thread