Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

Was looking at our squad at the time and guess who I found? Umesh frigging Yadav...

Can't believe Unadkat beat him to a spot in the starting XI when Zaheer went down with that hamstring injury ahead of that Centurion Test... maybe they were hoping for an Ishant Sharma-esque debut from him at 19? :p

That is a surprise.I thought Umesh Yadav was just "found" and kinda fastracked into the side.
This proves one has to warm quite a few benches,even if they are a "fast" bowler in India.

On Jaydev-I don't know.They must have thought he would burst into the international scene obviously and what better place than SA for a fast bowler.

Does anybody know what happened to him?

Last edited:
Well did not watch a single delivery of the match and I must say, judging the scorecard, this is the first time Australia played with their actual potential. We although have a lead of 4 runs we need atleast a 50 runs lead more. Why the heck did Pujara open?

Round the wicket seemed to work better for Lyon yesterday. Still expensive, but it brings that LBW into play more if the batsmen want to work through mid-wicket and square leg. Glad he got some wickets. Now it just needs some runs from Watson, and the players I'm 'willing' to succeed with be stepping up.

Just have to mention Australia's fielding :mad Ground fielding and catching is fine, but everything after that - throwing, backing up etc is awful. It's not just this Test it's been a trend for the last few months. Matthew Wade takes more half volleys from fieldsmen than I see from other keepers combined. Or has more throws go over his head. David Warner is a particular culprit in my opinion - gets lauded constantly for his fielding, but his throwing is scatter gun. There were also overly aggressive pings at the stumps when the batsmen were clearly home yesterday. Mitchell Johnson conceded 8 overthrows by himself. Just a shoddy effort all round. Steve Rixon better be doing something good elsewhere in this team, because the fielding is going downhill.

Oh and he needs to fix the overrate too. It was atrocious! 12 overs per hour, while Lyon was bowling 20 overs straight from one end. Nowhere near good enough, and I hope Watson gets fined or more.

Nice of the Indians to try and make this final test a bit more of a contest.

That is a surprise.I thought Umesh Yadav was just "found" and kinda fastracked into the side.
This proves one has to warm quite a few benches,even if they are a "fast" bowler in India.

On Jaydev-I don't know.They must have thought he would burst into the international scene obviously and what better place than SA for a fast bowler.

Does anybody know what happened to him?

IPL happened. He plays for the Kolkata Knight Riders... working with a great left-arm fast bowler by the name of Wasim Akram.

Well did not watch a single delivery of the match and I must say, judging the scorecard, this is the first time Australia played with their actual potential. We although have a lead of 4 runs we need atleast a 50 runs lead more. Why the heck did Pujara open?

Uhm, is there a problem with Pujara opening? I mean out of all the #3s(Pujara/Kohli/Rahane) in our side, he's the best of the lot...

Kohli will be a good No.3 in ODI's and T20's, but Pujara is the best No.3 in tests. I so badly want Pujara to succeed overseas. He gives me very Dravid-esque confidence. Seems to imbibe everything about Dravid even in terms of personality, body language, confidence, etc. For the sake of the team, he should not be shuffled around the order. Rahane should have opened yesterday. Don't know what made them have him bat lower down the order. Even Laxman opened the batting for India initially before moving down the order, but Rahane straight away doesn't want to open and is willing to sacrifice a settled No.3 in the makeshift opening position?

Kohli will be a good No.3 in ODI's and T20's, but Pujara is the best No.3 in tests. I so badly want Pujara to succeed overseas. He gives me very Dravid-esque confidence. Seems to imbibe everything about Dravid even in terms of personality, body language, confidence, etc. For the sake of the team, he should not be shuffled around the order. Rahane should have opened yesterday. Don't know what made them have him bat lower down the order. Even Laxman opened the batting for India initially before moving down the order, but Rahane straight away doesn't want to open and is willing to sacrifice a settled No.3 in the makeshift opening position?

Making assumptions are we, no?

----------

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to like my makeshift opener to be an experienced one... :rolleyes

We have to give them some confidence before sending them into the ashes.

NZ's taking care of that for us. England don't even look capable of beating the Kiwis, while we beat them convincingly in one test and collapsed with the second one in the bag.

Pretty shocked to see Rahane not batting at 3 when the obvious combo of Vijay and Pujara opened, since they were doing that job anyway with Sehwag in the team. If it was his choice, then not a smart one imo, but who knows.

Are we forgetting that Kohli is also a natural #3 here? Like I said earlier, we have three natural #3s(Pujara/Kohli/Rahane) in the side, with each one ahead of the other in terms of the pecking order...

Well if it was Rahane's decision(which I dont think so) then it was stupid, also if team decided to give Rahane that slot it was stupid too. I hope Rahane bats at #3 and Kohli needs to make and understand #5 is his spot. He has to concentrate there as only once in a series there is going to be an option where Kohli will bat at #3 cause Pujara isnt going to leave that spot nor team would want Pujara to leave that spot

Well if it was Rahane's decision(which I dont think so) then it was stupid, also if team decided to give Rahane that slot it was stupid too. I hope Rahane bats at #3 and Kohli needs to make and understand #5 is his spot. He has to concentrate there as only once in a series there is going to be an option where Kohli will bat at #3 cause Pujara isnt going to leave that spot nor team would want Pujara to leave that spot

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever bro...

----------

So let me get this straight, Kohli should under that #5 is his spot and should always look to playing there while Rahane should be batting at #3 even though his real spot is #6(Jadeja's/the spot left by "Dada")? Okay. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread