Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Although it's been a good test match for us, I would like to point out the negatives:

1. Dropped catch in the slips (Indian fielders were brilliant in the slips and we should learn from them. We really need to have someone who's got a good technique and imo Imrul Kayes is not good enough, neither with the bat nor in the field)

2. Poor batting by the top order once again especially in the first innings and in the second innings they gave their wickets away.

3. Shahriar Nafees should not bat at no.3, how many teams have lefties batting at no.3? Raqibul Hasan is a much better option although he doesn't have great footwork but good enough for a Bangladeshi batsman.

4. Too many runs were given away in the 2nd innings by Rubel and Shafiul, it's good to be aggressive and try to bowl fast but discipline in the bowling is always required for a weaker team.

My preferred playing XI for the 2nd test match:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Raqibul Hasan
Shahriar Nafees
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan (c)
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Enamul Haque Jnr.
Shahadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Shafiul Islam

This had to be Ashfool's last chance, Enamul Jnr. can score more runs than him at no. 8.

Good match. The result was always going to be an Indian victory.

Btw, VIRENDER SEHWAG STRIKES BACK-

Asked whether he felt Bangladesh could now take 20 Indian wickets, Sehwag's answer came pat: "No. They can't. They still didn't get 20 wickets."

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

Shewag has no respect for his opponent. He is an arrogant tool.

sameer_st added 6 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Indians taunted me as 'school boy', says Mushfiqur

STAFF WRITER 17:20 HRS IST
Chittagong, Jan 21 (PTI) Bangladesh wicket-keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim today alleged that Indian bowlers sledged him by calling him a "school boy" during his century knock on the fifth day of the first cricket Test here.

"The Indian bowlers picked me for sledging when I was batting well. They called me school boy. But I was enjoying it and I had answered it with my bat," Mushfiqur, who scored a 114-ball 101, said at the post-match press conference after his side lost to India by 113 runs to go down 0-1 in the two-Test series

Sehwag, who was jeered by the spectators at the post-match presentation apparently for calling Bangladesh as an "ordinary" side, however, refused to comment when asked about Mushfiqur's charge.

"I can't do (say) anything about that (Mushfiqur's charge)," Sehwag retorted without blinking an eyelid.

fullstory

Jats the way -Sehwag is great !

Bangladesh is still ordinary. And calling anyone schoolboy-whats Rahim complaining about ?
Schoolboy isnt racist or anything. Setting an example doesnt mean that a team cannot sledge.

Why do the Indian's suddenly think they are the greatest side, because they now happen to be number "1"? Who have they beat away from home other than NZ? In order to be so arrogant, you have to sustain being the best for a while, and beat quality teams in their country, as Australia and West Indies did for so many years, and thus they earned the right to be arrogant, because they widened the gap between themselves and the rest of the nation's to such a margin, that it became a joke. India have not done that, and their comment's just sound foolish. It's also sad, because class Cricketer's such as Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman are in the side, and because of Sehwag's arrogance, they are made to look bad, because they are playing in the same side as him. A lot of you will say that it's just his comment's and should not be reflected on to the others but he's the 'Captain' and thus his comment's do end up reflecting on to the team.

Last edited:
Its not arrogance,its the bitter truth. You can ask Ricky Ponting or Kumar Sangakarra or Andrew Struass as to whether Bangla can take 20 wickets in a test. I'm sure all will say 'No'.
His comments were not in any ways foolish. i wonder what would you have said had India scored 443 in the first innings.

Just to answer your question, India has beaten WI an Eng in addition to test wins in SAf and Aus.

They would probably agree that most likely they would not be able to take 20 wickets, however, they would not do it in such an offensive way. Anyway, Bangla were going to take 20 wickets the only reason they didn't was because India declared. All Sehwag has done is make himself look like an arrogant prick and what I find brilliant is the way some of you are thinking this is great when you guys are the first to start crying if India is slighted in any way.

Whats wrong in India declaring at 414/8 ? Are we supposed to wait till the other side bowls us out ? You need to give your bowlers adequate number of overs to bowl out the oppostion esp in the 4th innings

Bangladesh failed in getting 10 Indian wickets before we declared. I dont agree with you logic that the only reason they didnt get was cause we declared. Ordinary bowling cannot take 20 wickets !

Whats wrong in India declaring at 414/8 ? Are we supposed to wait till the other side bowls us out ? You need to give your bowlers adequate number of overs to bowl out the oppostion esp in the 4th innings

Bangladesh failed in getting 10 Indian wickets before we declared. I dont agree with you logic that the only reason they didnt get was cause we declared. Ordinary bowling cannot take 20 wickets !

But ordinary bowling got Sehwag twcie, Gambhir twice, Tendulkar once, Laxman twice, Yuvraj Singh twice and Dravd twice? Are they now ordinary batsmen? You most certainly cannot slag off the Bangla bowlers after their performance, the top order, yes, but the bowlers made the majority of the Indian batsmen look very ordinary, especially in the first innings.

i wonder what would you have said had India scored 443 in the first innings.

That's a bullshit argument, of if 'they had'. They didn't and that's all that really matters. They scored 243, and that was due to over-confidence. They tried to play with arrogance, and the only player who gave any respect to the bowlers was Sachin, and surprise surprise, he happened to score a century. The fact that India let Bangladesh score 300 runs in the fourth innings show's that their bowling attack is pretty 'ordinary' as well, doesn't it? The fact that the number "1" team struggled somewhat to defeat the number 9 ranked team, show's that they are not as good as they think they are. Most of you Indian's were expecting an easy victory, and the fact that they had to play quality cricket, shows that Bangladesh is more than just an ordinary side. They played eye to eye with India for three days, and they deserve some credit for that, which Sehwag clearly isn't giving.

India has beaten WI an Eng in addition to test wins in SAf and Aus.

The England win is good, but that's it really. West Indies aren't the same great side they were. And Test Win's don't count as series wins, so dis-regard those two series, as India didn't win against either SA or Australia.

But ordinary bowling got Sehwag twcie, Gambhir twice, Tendulkar once, Laxman twice, Yuvraj Singh twice and Dravd twice? Are they now ordinary batsmen? You most certainly cannot slag off the Bangla bowlers after their performance, the top order, yes, but the bowlers made the majority of the Indian batsmen look very ordinary, especially in the first innings.

Agreed in the first innings,we looked very ordinary .On a given day,it can happen to any side. We have been in good form over the last year,though there were some hints of rustiness.
Finally what matters is the result- and we won !
As mentioned by Tendulkar we got out due to rash shots. Sorry to mention but Bangla bowling wasnt that great.

That's a bullshit argument, of if 'they had'. They didn't and that's all that really matters. They scored 243, and that was due to over-confidence. They tried to play with arrogance, and the only player who gave any respect to the bowlers was Sachin, and surprise surprise, he happened to score a century. The fact that India let Bangladesh score 300 runs in the fourth innings show's that their bowling attack is pretty 'ordinary' as well, doesn't it? The fact that the number "1" team struggled somewhat to defeat the number 9 ranked team, show's that they are not as good as they think they are. Most of you Indian's were expecting an easy victory, and the fact that they had to play quality cricket, shows that Bangladesh is more than just an ordinary side. They played eye to eye with India for three days, and they deserve some credit for that, which Sehwag clearly isn't giving.

Let me remind you-a few years ago, a Banlga side defeated an Aussie side in an ODI. The Australians were number one then. Does that prove that they were not in their right element ???

Similarly, how can you judge on the basis of a single batting failure ? Its just one off day that we had and I m sure many teams do have it.

And what do you mean by surprise surptise,he happened to score a century ? You seem to be underestimating him for scoring a century.

For others, yes we were expecting an easy victory and am sure when your national side would when they play against them.

Played eye to eye for 3 days ? I 'd have given it to you had you said 1 day ,3 days- not et all.

Finally I stick to my stand of agreeing with Sehwag and will not give them any credit.

Fatal Shot said:
The England win is good, but that's it really. West Indies aren't the same great side they were. And Test Win's don't count as series wins, so dis-regard those two series, as India didn't win against either SA or Australia

I simply answered your question. Your question or your earlier post in no way mentions Test Series wins. You just asked for wins.

Let me remind you-a few years ago, a Banlga side defeated an Aussie side in an ODI. The Australians were number one then. Does that prove that they were not in their right element ???

Why are you bringing ODI's into this? Any team can win an ODI on it's day. Ireland, and Bangladesh did it in the WC. But in Test's you have to play well for five days, and Bangladesh did that, and put up more than a fight against India.

Similarly, how can you judge on the basis of a single batting failure ? Its just one off day that we had and I m sure many teams do have it.

But why was it a batting failure? Because you guys tried to play with arrogance, and gave your wickets away. India under estimated Bangladesh and it nearly backfired on them.
And what do you mean by surprise surptise,he happened to score a century ? You seem to be underestimating him for scoring a century.

OMG... I won't even go into this. All I can say is read more comprehensively.
For others, yes we were expecting an easy victory and am sure when your national side would when they play against them.

But we got the easy victory. We didn't make rash statements about them, and played each ball to it's merit, and didn't play with the arrogance of India. When we do make statement's and they backfire on us, we always correct ourselves and give credit where it's due, like we did to England. We said that we could have won the series, and we should have, but England put up a great fight and were very resilient. We gave credit where it was due unlike India, who are coming off as ignorant pricks who seem to be full of themselves. Their not anywhere near the level to be acting this arrogant, as my post above has already mentioned in more detail.

Played eye to eye for 3 days ? I 'd have given it to you had you said 1 day ,3 days- not et all.

They scored the same runs as you guys in the first innings. How is that not playing eye to eye for that duration of the match? (Ala the first three days...)

Finally I stick to my stand of agreeing with Sehwag and will not give them any credit.

That just sums up everything. I don't even have to comment on why that statement is wrong on all accounts.
I simply answered your question. Your question or your earlier post in no way mentions Test Series wins. You just asked for wins.

This is what I said... "Who have they beat away from home other than NZ?"

India beat them in the series, so it was implied test series wins.

They would probably agree that most likely they would not be able to take 20 wickets, however, they would not do it in such an offensive way. Anyway, Bangla were going to take 20 wickets the only reason they didn't was because India declared. All Sehwag has done is make himself look like an arrogant prick and what I find brilliant is the way some of you are thinking this is great when you guys are the first to start crying if India is slighted in any way.
Haha! :facepalm

Read some comments at time when India made 400+ and everyone was saying, when they will declare and now when Sehwag has declared at right time, you guys have found this new argument. If India had declared for 450+ then you all guys would saying that Sehwag didn't declare earlier because he was scared from Bangladesh or all that crap.

And I agree with the fact that India played ordinary in 1st innings but so as Bangladesh.

A few points:

1. Sehwag isn't our regular captain. It's obvious that he doesn't have the political correctness to be a full-time captain. Note that Dhoni is younger than Sehwag, meaning that Sehwag isn't even being groomed as our future captain.

2. Bangladesh played good cricket. But like I had said before, they won only a few sessions. For an upset of this magnitude, you have to win almost all the sessions and Bangladesh won less than half of them. But they've definitely improved as their performances against Sri Lanka and this match shows. They need to sort out their top order struggles and they could be a threat at home against the mid-level and non-subcontinent sides.

Users who are viewing this thread