Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

They would probably agree that most likely they would not be able to take 20 wickets, however, they would not do it in such an offensive way. Anyway, Bangla were going to take 20 wickets the only reason they didn't was because India declared. All Sehwag has done is make himself look like an arrogant prick and what I find brilliant is the way some of you are thinking this is great when you guys are the first to start crying if India is slighted in any way.

If Sehwag had prolonged it, India would have let Bangladesh draw the game and that would have looked more worse.

SaiSrini added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

its due to the anger more than anything. hes been failing in the test arena for i dont know how long and is still retained in the side whereas deserving guys like Vijay and Badrinath are warming the benches. :doh

and his fielding standards have dropped heaps, hes put on lot of weight, even more arrogance and dropping a simple catch while failing with the bat against bangladesh on both the innings !

I agree that Yuvi needs to be sacked in test matches because more deserving guys are sitting out. But dont feed the trolls with comments like what you made. It will only get worse.

yes. today it was turning Square, swinging a mile, seaming like crazy with Rahim facing the best bowling line-up in the world ! :sarcasm

Firstly, Indian bowlers call him a schoolboy continuously when he's batting in the middle and they can't even stop him from scoring a hundred, come on why do you guys even sledge when you can't?

This proves how fake Indian team's aggression on the field is, they always like to overdo it.

So what Rahim made century against India. Anyone can score against India.

And fact of life is India has won the match. It does not matter how you win it, W is all that counts.

Jeez some of you ppl will never learn to appreciate and all you know is keep bragging sh!t all the time.

Firstly, Indian bowlers call him a schoolboy continuously when he's batting in the middle and they can't even stop him from scoring a hundred, come on why do you guys even sledge when you can't?

This proves how fake Indian team's aggression on the field is, they always like to overdo it.

continuously ??? hmmmm..... were you in the field ?

so...what if they sledged ?? they were having a good time out there.......they must've been bored! :p
you need to enjoy yourself you know....

continuously ??? hmmmm..... were you in the field ?

so...what if they sledged ?? they were having a good time out there.......they must've been bored! :p
you need to enjoy yourself you know....

Had it not been a continuous process I don't think he would have complained and he also said he was enjoying it and he was receiving them from SOME OF THE BOWLERS SO NOT ONLY ONE.

Yeah who cares if they sledged, why are we getting into it.

Peace :p

Jeez some of you ppl will never learn to appreciate and all you know is keep bragging sh!t all the time.

Well since you are new here I will give you benefit of doubt. :)

Jeez, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

You think Sachin never got called a schoolboy when he started playing cricket at the age of 16?

Calling someone monkey (like Harbhajan did) or bastard (like Katich? did) is far worse and more derogatory than calling someone a school-boy, based on their age. Seriously. People complain about sledging when jokes are made that are actually derogatory or insulting. Like the whole Sarwan-McGrath incident where McGrath asked Sarwan what Lara's **** tasted like and Sarwan responded, "I don't know, ask your wife." Are you really bringing up a "schoolboy" comment when the sledging incidents that surface in the media are far worse?

All this is a method for Rahim to get his 15 minutes of fame in the media. Which is a shame because he played a good enough innings that he did not need to capitalize on the poor image Sehwag created at the beginning of this match.

Ayoh what are you on blad?

Look you clearly do not know what I post here and who I am directing my comments to, so just keep out of it.
I think that is not hard to understand.

Which is a shame because he played a good enough innings that he did not need to capitalize on the poor image Sehwag created at the beginning of this match.

Going by some of your fellow countrymen's comments, Sehwag's comments were perfectly acceptable :sarcasm

Jeez, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

You think Sachin never got called a schoolboy when he started playing cricket at the age of 16?

Calling someone monkey (like Harbhajan did) or bastard (like Katich? did) is far worse and more derogatory than calling someone a school-boy, based on their age. Seriously. People complain about sledging when jokes are made that are actually derogatory or insulting. Like the whole Sarwan-McGrath incident where McGrath asked Sarwan what Lara's **** tasted like and Sarwan responded, "I don't know, ask your wife." Are you really bringing up a "schoolboy" comment when the sledging incidents that surface in the media are far worse?

All this is a method for Rahim to get his 15 minutes of fame in the media. Which is a shame because he played a good enough innings that he did not need to capitalize on the poor image Sehwag created at the beginning of this match.

He might be complaining, he might be just telling it to us or he might be just trying that 15 minutes of fame but that is not the issue. Calling someone monkey or bastard is going too far tbh but calling a 21 year old a schoolboy even if he looks like one, is idiocy and unprofessionalism at its very best. Which 20+ person would like to be called as a schoolboy?

Talk about Indian bowlers trying to be overly aggressive on the field, did you see Sreeshant making himself look stupid while trying to play soccer with the ball when Raqibul hit the ball straight to him and got hit in the face? After recovering, he started giving Raqibul some harsh looks and I don't even understand what was Raqibul fault in there!

Going by some of your fellow countrymen's comments, Sehwag's comments were perfectly acceptable :sarcasm
I can't stand up for their comments. But I do think Sehwag's comments have been taken a bit too far. If you read the Cricinfo article that was published immediately after Sehwag's comments were made, you would understand what I mean.

Sehwag is far too uncut/rough to be a public figure for the Indian cricket team. It's similar to how George W. Bush was perceived to be a poor leader for the US. He is not exactly politically correct. Being the captain of a team such as India is a very political position and being the captain of any strong international team requires you to maintain some level of professionalism.

But realize that Sehwag isn't the regular captain for India. It is his no-nonsense, if-the-ball-is-there-to-be-hit-hit-it methodology in cricket that he has used in these interviews and it's made for bad PR. If anything, this is a failure on the part of the Indian team management on advising what Sehwag should/shouldn't be talking about.

And finally, I challenge you to convince me that there would be this sort of uproar, especially at PC, if India wasn't the most disliked team in world cricket right now. Every team that has played Bangladesh (except for Zimbabwe and West Indies) have come in with lesser intensity and an air of arrogance. Hell, England just named a team without their regular captain! Isn't that arrogant? No, it's not, it's just the reality that Bangladesh is going to provide less of a challenge than an Australia or a South Africa. There's nothing arrogant about that--that's just reality.

To summarize, my opinion is that what Sehwag was attempting to say is that Bangladesh would really have to up their bowling above their average limits to win the Test match. They definitely achieved some of that in the first innings (although, by Shakib's own assessment, they were still short of their best). What he ended up saying made him look like an arrogant tool and the fact that he stuck to his statement didn't make him look any better, even though he is so far correct in his rather raw pre-series analysis.

sohum added 5 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

He might be complaining, he might be just telling it to us or he might be just trying that 15 minutes of fame but that is not the issue. Calling someone monkey or bastard is going too far tbh but calling a 21 year old a schoolboy even if he looks like one, is idiocy and unprofessionalism at its very best. Which 20+ person would like to be called as a schoolboy?
It's unprofessional sure, but what sledging is professional? You don't sledge someone to make them feel good about themselves. Take this interaction from an Australia-India series between Parthiv Patel and Steve Waugh:

When Steve came (Steve?s last test match) to bat, Parthiv said, ?Come on, just one more of the famous slog-sweeps before you finish? Steve-?Respect Me?for when i made my test debut You were still in your nappies?.

I don't recall (maybe my memory has failed) Parthiv have a cry about it in the media following the match. To summarize, I don't think Rahim really copped a bad sledge. I mean, he answered with his bat, didn't he? Players like Sachin and Ponting get sledged all the time, at least they did early in their career. They didn't run to the media to talk about it, though. The unwritten rule in international cricket is what happens on the field stays on the field. The only times it leaves the field is when the words were nasty enough or went over the limit, and I don't think this is one of those cases.

Sehwag is an arrogant prick. Bangladesh are a young team and have little experience. I don't understand why India, and some of their fans, are celebrating this win like they've just beaten Australia in a test. As far as I'm concerned Australia and South Africa are the best sides in the world, followed by India, Sri Lanka and England, no matter what the rankings say.

Rahim looked brilliant today, and he is certainly a star for the future. I can't believe how disrespectful an international cricketer representing his nation can be. Sehwag is a disgrace. I would love for India to be skittled out cheaply in both innings' in the 2nd test.

Rightly so, the team were awful bar Tendulkar. Doesn't change the fact that they struggled against the worst test nation for large parts of the game. It isn't a great achievement to beat a side that are not yet up to the standard of most test nations, and therefore it makes people look stupid when they react as if it was a brilliant feat.

I will say one thing though, I would like to see the West Indies take on Bangladesh in the near future. I think that could be a real tight contest.

Users who are viewing this thread