Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Badri surely would be next in line IMO. He's been waiting long enough and his performances have been consistent. But I fear someone like Rohit Sharma may get a call... :noway:noway

come to think of it, Musfiq almost won us the game! O.o

30 overs left, 100 runs! only if they had more runs on the 1st inn, or only if another 1 had made a 100. Tamim! Dumbshit had to give it up with a dumb shot. or only if another 1 had at least made a 50. its always only if for them...

MacLovin added 12 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

LOL @ School boy. Thats the worst sledging ever! I dont think he is complaining. He is just letting us know that he enjoyed it and the dumbest sledging he ever heard.

And i also heard (most probably from DK) "Youu Playing Boddy Game Buddy? Boddy Game." When Raqibul got hit on the elbow. LOL @ when he said the word BUDDY. Indians have the greatest accent. And wtf is a body game... could have said "it's gona be hard for you to masturbate now.."

I guess sledging works for Bangladesh. They puts an extra effort then. Many ex. Aus Test, India WC, India this test. The only reason Shahriar Nafees got a 100 vs the OZ because he got sledged up the ass.

Now i am worried about next Test. Because they always drop their shoulder after the 1st test loss, and thats almost every time. And then they always do poor on the 2nd test, they just give up. Hope its not that case this time around. I hope they let Bhaji talk next time around, and hope he says "I am better then all the Bangla spinners" or "I can bowl faster then Shahdat w/o even grunting like a w****"

Badri surely would be next in line IMO.

Sad to say man but you can give up on that dream. If they haven done it up to now then there is little chance for Badri to make the test team.

Even tho Bangladesh lost they still showed allot of improvement and a different attitude in their approach to a match. The potential is there, there just a few pieces missing.

Would have been nice of Mortaza was available.

Have to give props to the Bangla boys, they hung in there with the number 1 ranked test team for 5 days. They just might give England a little fright, with the likes of Straussy and Jimmy not coming and Trott, KP and prior out of form

Sehwag is an arrogant prick. Bangladesh are a young team and have little experience. I don't understand why India, and some of their fans, are celebrating this win like they've just beaten Australia in a test. As far as I'm concerned Australia and South Africa are the best sides in the world, followed by India, Sri Lanka and England, no matter what the rankings say.

Rahim looked brilliant today, and he is certainly a star for the future. I can't believe how disrespectful an international cricketer representing his nation can be. Sehwag is a disgrace. I would love for India to be skittled out cheaply in both innings' in the 2nd test.

Who celebrated this win much? I dont see many people celebrating this win against Bangladesh here. Some have said "Good win and well done to India" but we say that for all wins that India get. We have had some good performances from India in this test and we said that. But the euphoria of winning against sides like Australia, SA are not to be seen here.

Our next tour to Australia will decide who is better (we beat Aus in India). Same with SA, we have two series against them (one at home and one away). Till then, lets reserve those comments. According to me, its South Africa, India, Australia and the rest.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I can't stand up for their comments. But I do think Sehwag's comments have been taken a bit too far. If you read the Cricinfo article that was published immediately after Sehwag's comments were made, you would understand what I mean.

Thats what some of the Indian fans (including me) have argued. That his comments are taken a bit too far. He didnt say anything that classifies as "OMG how the hell did he say this?". Immediately after he said it, Bangladesh did well (had India bowled first, it could have been an entirely different story) and so his comments were blown out of proportion.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Ponting queries Bangladesh Test status

Ricky Ponting has set the cat among the pigeons ahead of Australia's tour to Bangladesh by calling for Bangladesh to be stripped of its Test status. In an interview with London's Daily Telegraph Ponting said: "What I would not have is the minnow nations in the World Cup and the Champions Trophy, and I would not have Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing Tests at present."

:)

But hey, when Sehwag says it, he comes across as an arrogant prick. When Ponting says it, it's called mental disintegration.

:clap:hpraise See!! Now Ponting can say it because Australia are a great team, have had great legends, have a great domestic system, etc. India cant say it because we dont have champion bowlers, our domestic system is bad, we have the IPL killing cricket, etc.:sarcasm

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Suppose if Yuvraj does get dropped, who is the next in line for his spot?

It might be Virat Kohli or M Vijay (fitted into the middle order).

ANYONE ELSE BUT BADRINATH!!! DAMN SELECTORS!!

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Is Vijay the guy who opened the batting recently? He certainly would be more useful then Failraj

For sure!! Yuvraj has been pathetic to say the least!

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Have to give props to the Bangla boys, they hung in there with the number 1 ranked test team for 5 days. They just might give England a little fright, with the likes of Straussy and Jimmy not coming and Trott, KP and prior out of form

Right now, England's test form seems to be better than India. I would like for India to face them NOW!

ok i just read the article. what the hell. do you guys know how to read??

And who can forget Mushfiqur's furious counter-attacking knock? "They called me a school boy," he said with a smile at what the Indians told him when he was batting at the end of a memorable day. It wasn't a complaint, just a reply to a direct question on the issue. "It's part of the game. I like when people sledge me. I didn't say anything back, just wanted to answer with my bat."

No side can be considered a true number 1 Test team unless they consistently beat Australia.

Australia are not No. 1 anymore. GET OFF IT!! We are not in the early 2000's

Australia lost the number 1 ranking only recently. India have to prove they can beat them. Unfortunately, there are no India-Australia Test series scheduled this year.
I don't support the Australian side, I'm just being realistic.

No side can be considered a true number 1 Test team unless they consistently beat Australia.

for me, i would consider india as a real no.1 if they beat SA at home and in their backyard.

your statement would've been true had it been 5-6 years ago....

A Test side can only be considered #1 if they beat everyone everywhere. India has not achieved that yet.

To be the best, you have to consistently beat the best. India haven't played Australia for a while now, and won't this year, but they should look forward to the next opportunity so that they can justify their ranking.

for me, i would consider india as a real no.1 if they beat SA at home and in their backyard.

your statement would've been true had it been 5-6 years ago....

THIS!!! The same I said.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

To be the best, you have to consistently beat the best. India haven't played Australia for a while now, and won't this year, but they should look forward to the next opportunity so that they can justify their ranking.

Australia are not the best!! South Africa right now are fighting it with India to be the best (yes SA have more frightening bowlers, but the results need to be achieved).

And if Australia cant beat India in India, how are they the best? And if Australia can be the best team in the world inspite of not having won in India for 32 years (they never won in India for 32 or more years until they won that series in 2004), they why cant India be #1 inspite of not having beaten SA and Aus in their respective countries?

For me to be convinced, I would like to see India beat SA and then take on Australia in a Test series after that (and win). But by not playing Australia at all this year, there will always be that element of doubt, in my opinion.

It's like winning Wimbledon, but not ever facing Federer, because he was injured. Your victory would be hollow.

Users who are viewing this thread