Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Dare, i dare you to ignore those post and not reply to it :D

It's better if you just dont reply to those Indian comments, we can always talk 2 some 1 like King or Sur :) you can actually get a discussion going.

Others can just talk to themselves, NOT HERE. this thread has nothing to do with whos #1

Yeah because that match was played in recent times and according to our argument, we are talking about performance in recent Ind-Aus encounters.

We are talking about the majority of the time that the Aussies dominated world cricket.
The lot of you always resort to that test when its time to make excuses or whenever Australia vs India is brought up.

The Indian fans talk that way because all they hear from some people is just negative comments about India, their performance or reacting negatively to comments made by Indian fans.

Wouldn't you call these Indian fans mindless too then? Reacting to some off topic/ridiculous comments made by some "mindless" person.

If you give credit where its due, why would they go on a rampage? Again I say, those who base their opinion of Indian cricket on a few fans are MINDLESS!!

Where is the credit due? Tell me so I can give it. If its about India being #1 then it aint due.

Dare said:
No see people comment on some ridiculous comments by some India fans on their teams performance after which the Indian fans go on a rampage about how everyone hates India or nobody ever gives Indian cricketers any credit.

It's definitely true that some comments made by some Indian fans are unacceptable (like that comment by MS Dhoni about England and all a few pages back). But you have to agree that there are numerous gloaters here (not you) who tear apart India at the least provocation whenever a wicket falls or we have a bad day in a Test. I'm tired of comments bashing Yuvraj/Dhoni/Modi/IPL/BCCI/Indian cricketers the moment we are pushed to the backfoot in a match. I'm sure if you were in my place, you would of felt the same.

Last edited:
It's definitely true that some comments made by some Indian fans are unacceptable (like that comment by MS Dhoni about England and all a few pages back). But you have to agree that there are numerous gloaters here (not you) who tear apart India at the least provocation whenever a wicket falls or we have a bad day in a Test. I'm tired of comments bashing Yuvraj/Dhoni/Modi/IPL/BCCI/Indian cricketers the moment we are pushed to the backfoot in a match. I'm sure if you were in my place, you would of felt the same.

Sure there are plenty here that take shots at India but there are as many that take shots at the Aussie and the English.

People take shots at Yuvraj because he has done nothing but is held up there like he is a all time great. In the beginning it was serious but now it has just turned into a joke and many Indian fans take shots at him too.
Opinions about Modi and the IPL were strong since the start, you cant really fault people for taking shots/bashing Modi/IPL because those are their opinions.

so what you guys think about Constance Marie from GL show?

Sure there are plenty here that take shots at India but there are as many that take shots at the Aussie and the English.

People take shots at Yuvraj because he has done nothing but is held up there like he is a all time great. In the beginning it was serious but now it has just turned into a joke and many Indian fans take shots at him too.
Opinions about Modi and the IPL were strong since the start, you cant really fault people for taking shots/bashing Modi/IPL because those are their opinions.

Agree. Most of them are jokes and are meant light to be taken light heartedly. But tbh, they don't remain just a joke and become something rather annoying when people keep mentioning them in every thread. Today itself I had to respond to a Pakistani who was bashing the IPL in a thread absolutely irrelevant. I too am not a fan of Modi, but has he really done that much wrong in his life to be taken shots at everywhere in the forum? But more annoying than these Modi-bashers are those who just come and drop "OMG I love Bangladesh...best day of my life!!!" sort of a comment when we are in the backfoot in a game. If you want a friendly and funny banter, then I'm ready anytime. But these comments are way too irritating. (Also why do such people disappear in thin air when a Gambhir hits a century or a Mishra wraps up the batting?)

But oh well, I guess to balance up such stuff, we have members like MS Dhoni or Max Dillon2007 who are undoubtedly the Kings of the trolling business. Those idiots are a plague to this site, who would stop at nothing short of the ruination of the thread they would be posting in. I just hate such type of morons! Give the entire Indian community a bad name. They should be kicked out from this earth IMO.

Anyway, I guess this thread evolved a bit too much. :p Back on topic, guys! So, emm..any news on Dhoni anybody? Dying to see him back in action.

Last edited:
Man, I was thinking that atleast this thread will remain clean because we are playing with Bangladesh and not Aus or SA. I don't who has started this all but he (even he is a Indian or non-indian) will be a dumb a$$ for sure to bring this topic in this thread. And I just read some comments back, many are saying that Bangladesh played very well to challenge No. 1 Team but they forget that Test match is not a 1 day or 1 innings match.

Can we stop with the number one stuff? It's getting quite old.

Hard work for Ashraful to do. Just read the article on cricinfo regarding Ashraful. Former Bangladeshi captain Akram Khan stated that most of the talented players are left just because Ashraful is considered as senior player.

come to think of it, Musfiq almost won us the game! O.o

I hope they let Bhaji talk next time around, and hope he says "I am better then all the Bangla spinners" or "I can bowl faster then Shahdat w/o even grunting like a w****"

Mushiq was simply throwing his bat at everything,it was bound to hit something or the other.

And yes,Bhajji is way way better than your Banlga spinners put together.

I wouldnt have said so had you guys still had Rafique in the side.

Who celebrated this win much? I dont see many people celebrating this win against Bangladesh here. Some have said "Good win and well done to India" but we say that for all wins that India get. We have had some good performances from India in this test and we said that. But the euphoria of winning against sides like Australia, SA are not to be seen here.

For sure!! Yuvraj has been pathetic to say the least!

It wasnt about celebration. We simply hit back at the critics who doubted us after the first day's play.

Yuvraj will play the next one as VVS is out. May Yuvi will sit out during the SAF series.

No side can be considered a true number 1 Test team unless they consistently beat Australia.

I'll agree that at present we have a 3 way competition for the No.1 spot. Yes, a temporary No.1 doesnt hold good. But the fact remains that India did play well over the last 2 years to deserve this.

As far as consistently beating the Aussies is concerned, I feel that we were the only nation to have given them a run for their money since 2000.

2000-2001 - Series in India won by India 2-1
2003-2004 - Series in Australia Drawn 1-1
2004-2005- Aus in India,Aus won 2-1
2007-2008- Ind in Aus, Aus won 2-1 [if not for Sydney,it could hav been the other way round as well]
2008-2009- Aus in Ind, Ind won 2-0

Now kindly point out a nation that has won as many tests as India have against Aus, in the last 10 years.

Hard work for Ashraful to do. Just read the article on cricinfo regarding Ashraful. Former Bangladeshi captain Akram Khan stated that most of the talented players are left just because Ashraful is considered as senior player.

Ash deserves to go. Woeful form.
The only reason he is in the side was cause he was the captain of the team for so long.

Wow, this thread turned into quite the whinefest.

These are facts, as far as I'm concerned:

1. Australia were the dominant team in the late 90's and early 2000's and the best team in the world in both forms. No need to go to the rankings for that one. Didn't they win like 16 Test matches in a row or something? Enough said.

2. Going by that same yardstick, there is no team in the world right now who we can compare to Australia in that era. A ranking is just a number that is computed by an algorithm that attempts to model something that is not discrete. A #1 ranking doesn't mean that India is favourite going into any and every game. When India tours South Africa/Australia, the home side will still be considered favourites. So the rankings don't really count for anything except giving the top side's supporters an opportunity to gloat. Anyone who watches cricket realizes that India, South Africa and Australia are basically as good as each other and any team could beat any other team if they played their best cricket.

3. This thread is about India vs. Bangladesh. So let's stop getting off topic for pesky quarrels that hurt my head.

Bangladesh were really good, and that was a brilliant innings by Rahim. Sehwag should've really not been arrogant with his comments. Of course, it was true that Bangladesh didn't take 20 wickets - had he not declared when he did (although the match situation did call for a declaration, probably should've been done earlier), Bangladesh would've probably taken 20. Consider the dropped catches too. Both Gambhir and Tendulkar were dropped by Kayes before they went on to make centuries.

Bleh, should really have called a replacement and dropped Yuvraj. He's done a decent job, but he really isn't carrying on and making big knocks. Coming in at number 6, mostly means the runs have already been scored, but usually when India are in a spot of bother, Yuvraj is pretty fail.

Murali Vijay should come in, but I don't know whether he should be batting in the middle order, which might mean KKD gets another go. Would've really liked to see Badrinath. I just think that the likes of Vijay, Badri, other fringe players would be more hungry to perform in this series so that they can establish themselves as frontrunners for starting spots once the trio of Laxman, Dravid and Tendulkar have eventually retired. Really don't want to see Rohit Sharma though. The likes of Kohli, M Tiwary, Pandey and Pujara seem to have better temperament.

Really don't want to see Rohit Sharma though. The likes of Kohli, M Tiwary, Pandey and Pujara seem to have better temperament.

You're missing Ajinkya Rahane from that list. He has an FC average of 65!

Moving away from all the number 1 talk, I am really happy with Ishant's performance in this match. He bowled superbly and I hope he can replicate the same sort of rhythm in the second test.

They are telling him, "You better perform on the next test, or you will get dropped." Ya, Thats the way to go about it. That just puts more pressure on him. and he will flunk even more. Why not just drop him for the 2nd test and leave him alone! and Why should he get another chance?

Lots of pressure for the fool, I am expecting him to shut all his critics up by scoring the fastest test century ever in the next game.

BTW Siddons sucks some major cock, he doesn't want to change the batting order. I didn't expect an Australian coach to play a left hander at no. 3 stating the reason that he's a good player of spin :facepalm I am sure everyone in Banglacricket want a change in the batting order, Raqibul should not be batting at no. 5 and the fool really needs to be dropped so he can get back to domestic cricket to get his form back.

And the great Akram Khan says he is not dropping Ashfool cause he's a senior then why was Habibul Bashar dropped when he was leading the team so well?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread