Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Is Mortaza dropped or injured? He can bat well as well :p I seriously don't understand why Nafeez & Ashraful aren't performing at all. They are very talented. I read one of the articles today about Ashraful and got shocked after seeing his test average. :eek: Definitely, he is better player than what the stats show up. May be, temperment is poor for that guy in tests?

Mashrafe is back, he's currently bowling in the domestic FC match against Sylhet Division.

Habibul Bashar is in great form as well, we need him back!!!!

Habibul Bashar is in great form as well, we need him back!!!!

Isn't he the chap who was struggling with captaincy as well as with his bat? I thought he is aged too much to be back though I don't know any stats or personal stats of him.

Isn't he the chap who was struggling with captaincy as well as with his bat? I thought he is aged too much to be back though I don't know any stats or personal stats of him.

He was our WC2007 captain and under his captaincy, the other players have developed nicely and he was dumped for no reason. It's justified to dump him for the one dayers but he could have at least led the team in the tests.

His batting form was pretty much dead. His records are good for a Bangladeshi batsman though, in fact he was our first batsman to average over 30 and he was given the nickname "Mr. Fifty" cause he used to score a lot of fifties.

Habibul Bashar's stats - 24 fifties and 3 hundreds from 50 test matches but I agree he is too old but cannot deny the fact that he's still good enough to play for Bangladesh.

Last edited:
I don't think Habibul will be recalled.Shakib is a good leader imo.Bangladesh have it all really,just they need to be much more patient.Loved the way they fought in the first match,infact dominated it.Some good batting in the first innings could have seen something different maybe.Hope they learn quickly and start getting results in their favour much consistently.

It was just the temperment these guys lacked in first test. Otherwise, Bangladesh would have pulled off the victory easily. Thats why I clearly mentioned some pages before, Bangladesh lack right guidance to take them in right way.

The bottom line is, Ordinary Bangladesh looked promising enough. After all they fell short of just around 115 runs & not dominantly by an innings or any big margins. :)

Ordinary Bangladesh looked promising enough
Not ordinary anymore.They just brought the Indians back to the Earth,I feel.Hopefully we'll learn by this and some arrogance which has slipped in for nothing in the Indian team has washed-out by this.

I just hope tomorrow's pitch is a terrible one cause India have their upper hand on both spin and pace so we need to hope for a spicy wicket.

Not ordinary anymore.They just brought the Indians back to the Earth,I feel.Hopefully we'll learn by this and some arrogance which has slipped in for nothing in the Indian team has washed-out by this.

I put that 'oridinary' out of sarcasm as I was hoping for Bangla win in the first test. :p

I just hope tomorrow's pitch is a terrible one cause India have their upper hand on both spin and pace so we need to hope for a spicy wicket.

Is the wicket spicy? I thought it was batsmen paradise & was expecting some Sehwag/Gauti fireworks. If the track is going to be flat, I am sure our top order is going to be explosive except Dravid.

By the way, atlast Murali has got some opportunity. I hope, Badri gets it too. :upray

Also, with Sree going out, we are going to come with two spinners? Harbhajan & Mishra with Zaheer/Ishant? Probably yes. If this is the case, Bangladesh needs some maturity against our spin attack.

In all ways, it's going to be a cracker, no doubts! Yes, Sachin!!! :banana2

Vijay might not get the chance. With Dhoni coming back in, I think Dhoni will replace Laxman and Bhajji might replace Sreesanth. Which means we will have Dhoni and Karthik playing together.

Murali deserves better chance than Karthik because, he has proved himself very well in the limited chance given. I don't see any reason why Murali has to sit out. May be take out Yuvi & bring Karthik in for him. But making Murali Vijay to sit out is just as rubbish as ... whatever!

Also, you never know, Tyagi might chip in as well with Bhaji coming in place of Mishra. I seriously want to see Tyagi in playing XI.

In the News channel, it is being said that Ojha has been selected for tommorow's match and Sehwag has harsh arguments with Dhoni after that in the team meeting. Don't know whether it is right.

In the News channel, it is being said that Ojha has been selected for tommorow's match and Sehwag has harsh arguments with Dhoni after that in the team meeting. Don't know whether it is right.

Just because Dhoni said something completely in contrast to what Sehwag said before the first test, the media is cooking up a battle between the two (they have already been linked before in the media to have had a fight). Sachin also disagreed with Sehwag after Day 1 and said "Go and ask Sehwag about it" but they never cooked up anything between Sachin and Sehwag (Sachin has this squeaky clean image and no one will dare touch him, which is right too). Sehwag would be knowing that not everyone in the team will concur with his views. And Dhoni never spoke directly against Sehwag (just that he spoke an entirely contrasting theory that Bangladesh cant be taken lightly and that they are playing only because they believe that they can win).

Ojha? What for? To warm benches? Bhajji and Mishra will be our two spinners. Ishant and Zak will be the fast bowlers. If at all someone comes in, it will be Tyagi.

Shakib seems to have what it takes to bat at number 3.

I would still go with 3 seamers. Give Sree a chance, he's one of our most promising bowlers. If Ishant can have such a long string then Sreesanth deserves it as well. After all, it is only against Bangladesh - not any 'arrogance' here but we should try out different combinations against them.

Shakib seems to have what it takes to bat at number 3.

I would still go with 3 seamers. Give Sree a chance, he's one of our most promising bowlers. If Ishant can have such a long string then Sreesanth deserves it as well. After all, it is only against Bangladesh - not any 'arrogance' here but we should try out different combinations against them.

Sreesanth? :confused:

Sreesanth returns home, Laxman ruled out of second Test | Cricket News | Bangladesh v India 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

surendar added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Ojha? What for? To warm benches? Bhajji and Mishra will be our two spinners. Ishant and Zak will be the fast bowlers. If at all someone comes in, it will be Tyagi.

Yes, I want to see Tyagi in the team XI. It should be a good opportunity for him. I still can't forget that magic delivery which he deliverd for CSK against Villiers/Dilshan team (DD??? Sorry I am a bad fan of IPL :p ).

Users who are viewing this thread