Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

You're missing Ajinkya Rahane from that list. He has an FC average of 65!

Moving away from all the number 1 talk, I am really happy with Ishant's performance in this match. He bowled superbly and I hope he can replicate the same sort of rhythm in the second test.

Averages don't mean temperament. Haven't seen Rahane play too many knocks under pressure. Failed in the semis and finals this season as well. I do think he's very talented, but, whether he's mentally good is still to be seen. Plus, I do think the top 3 slots are going to be Sehwag, Gambhir and hopefully, Vijay, for a while.

While, we've seen Pandey in the finals this year, and he did play some other knocks before that - one which I remember being the first match of the season for Karnataka, where they were 27/3, and he cracked 194 off some 220 balls. Tiwary has been Bengal's only consistent batsman besides Saha - also scored some valuable runs in that final he played in. Pujara (along with Jadeja) is the reason why Saurashtra are making waves, and well, Kohli has proven it at international level in his short career there so far, and he also had that amazing innings when his father passed away, unfortunately, during the match(or just before, can't remember exactly), and he continued on to rescue Delhi. All 4 of these guys can bat in the middle order too, unlike Rahane who is more suited to the top 3 slots.

Not saying Rahane is a bad player, he's talented - I just rate some others more in terms of adjusting to the international stage.

Yeah, Ishant was improved. Really want to see him do it consistently though. But, Sreesanth was all over the place. Tyagi please. Sreesanth, on his day, is brilliant - those days come less often than his bad days.

From Bangladesh's point of view, I think Mahmadullah could bat at 6, while dropping Raqibul/Ashraful, and they could play another bowler. Who hopefully can bat a bit.

If we are dropping Yuvi,we need to get in Badrinath who has been warming the bench for ages.

If we are dropping Yuvi,we need to get in Badrinath who has been warming the bench for ages.

Yuvraj dropped? For some reason I don't see this happening, especially with Laxman being out. Somebody in the Indian camp seems to be in love with Yuvraj and he just keeps playing test even when there are better options around.

Yuvraj dropped? For some reason I don't see this happening, especially with Laxman being out. Somebody in the Indian camp seems to be in love with Yuvraj and he just keeps playing test even when there are better options around.

Dhoni, Yuvi and his chuddy buddy Bhajji are close friends.

Tamim Iqbal
Siddique
Raqibul
Alok Kapali
Shakib
Musfiqur
Riyad
Shahadat
Shafi
Rubel

no more ashrafool. i would rather go with 10 players

We are screwed. I couldnt think of 1 good #3. Habibul Bashar was decent, and after that, no performed at #3.

and we always do bad after a inspiring performance on the 1st test of the tour. you can check if you want

LOL if SN cant bat at 3, promoting him will make things worse. Rajin Saleh?! no joke, he can eat up all the ball. or even Mehrab Jr. then he is lefty too...so many lefties..wtf

they better fix the domestic system, because i dont see shits improving otherwise. and Ashrafool will always be in the team "No Replacements". And i bet he will get a pair off DUCKS this time around. He is gonna cramp under all that pressure

He should go tell the selectors that "just drop me after this test, let me get a break". and lose all the pressure and score. it worked for VVS. But i dont expect him to hit 200 like VVS.

You would'nt directly ask an U-19 player to play in a test, would you ? You need to check the temperament of that player first before ushering him in to the 5 day game.

Users who are viewing this thread