Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Yuvraj is in doubt for this series after aggravating his finger injury. Whats going to be played first? Tests or ODI's? I would be hopeful of Badri playing if Yuvraj gets injured and does not play the tests. GIVE HIM A CHANCE DAMNIT!!! Allow him to fail before doing the final rites....

Even on the flattest of flat pitches, India should be looking to win comfortably. Anything short of that and clearly they don't deserve to be number 1 in the rankings.

Well, yeah.

Thats we why play the game, right ?

India have one of the best top seven batsmen that have ever played Test cricket, but, frankly, their bowling isnt much to write home about. They dont have a genuine match winning quick, and Singh isnt who he was - but if they pick their shots and score fast, then they can score 700 runs in two and a bit days over 2 innings and roll the Tigers.

On the other hand, if the Tiges pick the balls to hit and the balls to defend, and bowl in the right areas, and field like demons, then they will give themselves an opportunity to win.

I'm looking forward to the series, and would note the pressure is all on India, with no real bowling attack and a number one rating to defend.

I mean, its not like March 17, 2007 means anything to anyone, does it ?

Carna Tiges.

Ian Whitchurch

Hopefully Rubel Hossain doesn't get a game in this series cause it'll be such a waste.

Well, yeah.

Thats we why play the game, right ?

India have one of the best top seven batsmen that have ever played Test cricket, but, frankly, their bowling isnt much to write home about. They dont have a genuine match winning quick, and Singh isnt who he was - but if they pick their shots and score fast, then they can score 700 runs in two and a bit days over 2 innings and roll the Tigers.

On the other hand, if the Tiges pick the balls to hit and the balls to defend, and bowl in the right areas, and field like demons, then they will give themselves an opportunity to win.

I'm looking forward to the series, and would note the pressure is all on India, with no real bowling attack and a number one rating to defend.

Carna Tiges.

Ian Whitchurch

hey i know you from BC, welcome to PC :p you are pretty hardcore Non-Bangla Tigers fan? am i right? i read your posts over there.

btw 1 request. please dont bring people from that place. i hate them... :facepalm

hope you stay here though. :)

hey i know you from BC, welcome to PC :p you are pretty hardcore Non-Bangla Tigers fan? am i right? i read your posts over there.

btw 1 request. please dont bring people from that place. i hate them... :facepalm

hope you stay here though. :)

BC users are really good, only reason I left is too see more Indian users in PC ;)

They dont have a genuine match winning quick, and Singh isnt who he was - but if they pick their shots and score fast, then they can score 700 runs in two and a bit days over 2 innings and roll the Tigers.
We don't have a consistent match-winning quick. But every bowler in our pace battery--Ishant, Zaheer, Sreesanth and Nehra--are capable of delivering a match-winning performance. And have done in the past. Our bowling is more of a team effort, though, no one person stands up and grabs all the wickets (more often than not).

If I drop a ball from a height, it will fall to the ground. You do realize that there are way too many conditionals that need to be satisfied, here. Picking the right balls to hit is the essence of Test cricket batting. Bowling in the right areas is a test of how well you can bowl in Tests. Every player to play the game strives for it. The Bangladeshis are very talented cricketers but the reason they haven't accomplished that much at Test and international level is because they haven't developed that ability to it's fullest.

The pressure is indeed all on India. "No real bowling attack" would be stretching it, considering that this very bowling attack has secured Test match wins overseas on a consistent basis over the last few years. It doesn't matter how good they look as long as they get the job done.

Not to anyone who realizes Test cricket is miles more difficult than ODI cricket and requires luck over 5 days for an upset to be scored.

We don't have a consistent match-winning quick. But every bowler in our pace battery--Ishant, Zaheer, Sreesanth and Nehra--are capable of delivering a match-winning performance. And have done in the past. Our bowling is more of a team effort, though, no one person stands up and grabs all the wickets (more often than not).

If I drop a ball from a height, it will fall to the ground. You do realize that there are way too many conditionals that need to be satisfied, here. Picking the right balls to hit is the essence of Test cricket batting. Bowling in the right areas is a test of how well you can bowl in Tests. Every player to play the game strives for it. The Bangladeshis are very talented cricketers but the reason they haven't accomplished that much at Test and international level is because they haven't developed that ability to it's fullest.

The pressure is indeed all on India. "No real bowling attack" would be stretching it, considering that this very bowling attack has secured Test match wins overseas on a consistent basis over the last few years. It doesn't matter how good they look as long as they get the job done.

Not to anyone who realizes Test cricket is miles more difficult than ODI cricket and requires luck over 5 days for an upset to be scored.

Good Reply :clap

Well, yeah. I did list the essentials of Test Cricket. If the Tigers do em, and they have, they'll do well. If they dont, they wont.

Will it be enough against a very good Indian side ? Probably not.

Will it be enough if India think they just need to show up to win ? Yes.

Finally, it is real difficult to develop good First Class cricketers when all you are offered is abbreviated tours at bad times, with not enough First Class games mixed in - note the acute lack of tour games on this abbreviated visit by India.

This is the total number of Tests played by Bangladesh in the last 4 years.

3 Tests in 2009.
9 tests in 2008.
5 Tests in 2007.
4 Tests in 2006.

I could go through the details, but trust me when I say there havent been enough First Class games in any of these tours.

Regrettably, I can only see this continuing (and to make it worse, theres less first-class games in the Bangladesh local comp, because the bloody two-bit local clubs want the national players to play in their one-day comp).

Ian Whitchurch

I hope to god we don't see a full strength side. I know Sachin is aging and wants to play every test he can, but hopefully he and the other big names in our team take a break and let some youngsters prove their mettle.

Agreed :D

Users who are viewing this thread