Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Now I havent seen every post in here but where did Khalek say India will make 600+?
Also why does TumTum need a back bone, other then the obvious use.

LOL Ambrose is in the top 5 bowlers of all time, probably 2nd best from the Caribbean behind Marshall. Constantine played 18 tests, Hall is a legend but its obvious that the other 4 are better.

If i had to take a spinner it wouldn't be Ramadhin or Valentine, it would be Gibbs. The greatest West Indies teams dominated with no spinners so I don't see a problem.

Jesus Christ

I would say that respected Mr. Ian W is on a mission to increase his post count.:p:p

Thanking you

Angrypixel

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

AngryPixel added 0.0068945 nanosecond later...

Come on guys, get over it. India Flipped up in first innings. Had Sachin been caught, it would have been an embarrassment for india:facepalm. So just close the chatter on the 1st innings:mad:. Can we now praise some of the bowling in 2nd inning and good attacking start by Bangs openers..... ;)

Isn't this kind of demeaning to BD cricket? Are you saying that Shahadat wouldn't have taken those wickets if Sehwag hadn't made those pre-match comments? It certainly seems that you think that BD are only in the game here because Sehwag opened his trap before the game, and that they wouldn't be in this situation if no pre-match comments had been made. That's hypocritical of someone who can't take a word of the Tigers being bashed!

You mistake me - it's not that I cant take it. It's just that I give it back, which riles up some of the poor dears that barrack for the Indian cricket team.

Yup. I've been following Sharapova for a while. That was his best bowling ever, and he was really, really upset - genuinely fired up. I've never seen that body language before.

Thanks, Sehwag. Enjoy getting knocked over for less than 250.

And finally, how interesting would this match be if Sehwag hadn't made those pre-match comments. I mean you'd have the regular gloaters who'd come here to make fun of India after that poor day's play, but I doubt you'd have the majority of the cricketing world watch this series. In that way, Sehwag's comments were almost good for Bangladesh cricket because he put the spotlight on this series and Bangladesh can flair their wares.

Isn't this kind of demeaning to BD cricket? Are you saying that Shahadat wouldn't have taken those wickets if Sehwag hadn't made those pre-match comments? It certainly seems that you think that BD are only in the game here because Sehwag opened his trap before the game, and that they wouldn't be in this situation if no pre-match comments had been made. That's hypocritical of someone who can't take a word of the Tigers being bashed!

sohum added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Dangerous playing with conditionals.

But what would probably have happened is that certain members of the Indian memberbase would have harped on about it and lead to the same name-calling about arrogance and the like.

:clap Pawned :hpraise:hpraise

Sohum,

What makes good u-19 players into good test players is lots and lots of first class cricket.

Note how there's none of that on this tour, and that it might *possibly* have been useful to have a first-class game or two to get used to games than run more than 50 overs.

As well as helping the Indian batsmen get their eye in on a pitch that is not rigged in favour of batsmen, it would also have provided a decent opportunity for some of the fringe Tigers players to get in some time against quality international opposition ... thus helping them to become Test quality players, or prove they wont ever be.

We can make similar arguments for fringe Indian players, of course.

Regrettably, every Bangladesh series I can remember hasnt had enough first-class games to develop players.

And as far as I can see from the 2010 schedule, that isnt changing.

Ian Whitchurch

IanW, You are Bangladeshi .... Right!!!!!
That would explain most of the posts.:sarcasm

*shows AngryPixel my passport, with a big chicken and this funny looking hoppy thing on it*

I just barrack for my Tiges ;)

Well had India batted very well on Day 1 and was on 350 odd for 1, people would have said "Sehwag proved right in his words" or something like that.

Well done in the end, India. 58/3 is a really good one for us, after all the "hyped up" talk. Now what will the comments be? "Well this was expected as BD are not consistent enough and experienced" and also "India have it easy against this BD side", etc. MY FOOT! If you guys (Bangladesh) have the guts to silence the Indians with your fingers and mouth, then you should start being consistent enough and take the challenge to the Indians. WE DONT FRIGGIN' CARE HOW INEXPERIENCED YOU ARE! You have taken the bait. Show us what THE DAMN YOU'RE MADE OF!!!!

65% Oxygen, 18.6% Carbon, 9.7% Hydrogen, 3.2% Nitrogen, 1.8% Calcium, 1% Phosphorus and 0.7% others.

source: indianpremierleague.com

*shows AngryPixel my passport, with a big chicken and this funny looking hoppy thing on it*

I just barrack for my Tiges ;)

Well i just guessed by your forum habits that you might be a bang...
Otherwise who else would join a cricket forum just before Bang tri series(23dec09) and would post only in the threads relating to Bangladesh(bang tour of NZ,Bang tri series and now Bang test series). I was just guessing. Dont want any flaming or controversy so peace dude.....

P.S: I dont care where you are from. Even i support bangs as long as they are not playing against India:D

65% Oxygen, 18.6% Carbon, 9.7% Hydrogen, 3.2% Nitrogen, 1.8% Calcium, 1% Phosphorus and 0.7% others.

source: indianpremierleague.com

Thats nice! So Bangladesh have been bought out by Lalit Modi. Makes it easy for us to trampoline them and move on to the next!:p j/k

What pace was Ishant and Sree bowling at for the rest of the day?

Sohum,

What makes good u-19 players into good test players is lots and lots of first class cricket.

Note how there's none of that on this tour, and that it might *possibly* have been useful to have a first-class game or two to get used to games than run more than 50 overs.
Not disagreeing with this. Which is why the element of luck definitely plays a part when you want to create an upset in Test cricket. In ODI cricket and T20 cricket, you only have to sustain the intensity and be the better side for the majority of 40/100 overs. In Test cricket, you have to be the better side for the better part of 450 overs. If you aren't playing a lot of first class cricket, that doesn't mean you don't have what it takes, it just means it is more unlikely for it to happen. And thus, when it happens, you are lucky that it happened, because it happened against all the odds.

Note, that I have never said that Bangladesh haven't played well. All I have said is that you do need to be lucky to pull off a monumental upset. And the Bangla captain himself admitted that his bowlers could have bowled better--which suggests that the Indian batsmen did play some part in their dismissal, however small. Luck comes in many forms--it's not like the Banglas could have bowled anything out there and got the returns they did.

The other thing I am claiming in this series is if India don't win 2-0 then they shouldn't be considered the top teams in world cricket. This is not meant to be demeaning to Bangla cricket, but rather is factual. The wealth of experience and production of the Indian team should be a too much for the Bangla team over 10 days of Test cricket. Note that this does not mean that I think that India will win 2-0. I have made no predictions over what the result will be.

Sohum,

As far as the Indian first innings goes, I thought the bowling was as good as it realistically gets, but I'm not happy with the fielding - dropping Sachin twice was the difference between India getting what they got and getting them for less than 200.

My respect for a team also depends why they do or dont win - for example, if a team struggles to a 5 day draw, thats different from a rained out match. Regrettably, it looks like the light in this game will reduce it to something less than four days (we've already lost about a day of play).

AngryPixel,

My "home" board is over at banglacricket.com ... I mostly showed up here to bait the New Zealanders, as I'm going to the test in hamilton, but then we kicked ass on the first day against India and it got irresistable ;)

Hopefully we can continue to add pressure tomorrow. Would like to see them packing for 120, make 450, and skittle them out in one and a half days :).

But good job Bangla. Always seem to increase their game against India.

Sohum,

As far as the Indian first innings goes, I thought the bowling was as good as it realistically gets, but I'm not happy with the fielding - dropping Sachin twice was the difference between India getting what they got and getting them for less than 200.

My respect for a team also depends why they do or dont win - for example, if a team struggles to a 5 day draw, thats different from a rained out match. Regrettably, it looks like the light in this game will reduce it to something less than four days (we've already lost about a day of play).

AngryPixel,

My "home" board is over at banglacricket.com ... I mostly showed up here to bait the New Zealanders, as I'm going to the test in hamilton, but then we kicked ass on the first day against India and it got irresistable ;)

Naah, to be precise Indians kicked banglas leg with their assess.;)

What is point in having test match if you are not going to have even half days play.

This match should be abandoned and hope for better conditions in next match.

Users who are viewing this thread