Cricket Academy Discussion

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Manchester United and Real Madrid(many more) were licensed in PES this time, even being under FIFA( world board). So i judged by this fact, if this could be the case.

Well i dont know how licensing works. But my guess is it's the contract that will allow whether the team can sell the license to another game developer or not. Probably the teams that are licensed in both games are allowed to sell licenses to multiple developers. But knowing the history of cricket game, dont think we had 2 licensed game at the same year ever. Cricket 07 had 4 countries' licenses while blic 07 bought icc's champions trophy license and let us play with licensed teams only in champions trophy mode.

----------

Don't expect to be as high as FIFA series or NBA. But it is pretty close to it. The game is pretty fluid and has a great feel to it. Though there is nothing like a "be a pro" kind of career mode, to me the career mode in RLL2 is superb and very well implemented. I would not be able to comment on Gameplay because I think I am no where near close to be as good as others. So I will speak about what I see.

catching system is pretty good, you have to position you player correctly to catch. Love to dive and the DIRT system is good. But what I really love is the atmosphere and sure size of the stadiums, it feels huge.

I suck at the game but still love playing.:yes

That sounds promising. Specially the atmosphere and the size of stadiums. Don't think any cricket game has gotten that right. And saying its close to fifa/madden series is really high praise.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Well i dont know how licensing works. But my guess is it's the contract that will allow whether the team can sell the license to another game developer or not. Probably the teams that are licensed in both games are allowed to sell licenses to multiple developers. But knowing the history of cricket game, dont think we had 2 licensed game at the same year ever. Cricket 07 had 4 countries' licenses while blic 07 bought icc's champions trophy license and let us play with licensed teams only in champions trophy mode.

And the World Cup too, though it was removed due to some reason afterwards.

Actually I am optimistic on this, because I recall Ross saying there will be licenses in the game for sure. And the Aussie competitions look the best way out on this. :yes

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
The issue i can see with this game is having too many features can also introduce too many bugs. Plus having too many features can also result in many of them not getting implemented well in the game. At the least i would expect a solid core gamplay with proper animations and any shortcomings in that wont get overshadowed by all the extra features. Optional features should only be implemented once the core gameplay is flawless (and animations)

More feautures are defiinitely better than no features. Atleast they tried to add it to the game to get that authentic experience. The features like DRS must be part of the gameplay, since it's a part of cricket matches today. To me Trickstar dev's sounds like lazy coders. When asked about implementing many features Bigant's dev's are implementing for their game, Trickster many times answered that "it's too complex, can't implement etc". It's their third game and they still can't implement this features that fans been asking for ages (exactly since blc99), but the guys with their debut title are implementing all this complex systems in their game. In a cricket game, atmosphere is also a part of the magic gameplay that all of you guys keep talking about.

srk121

International Coach

----------

That sounds promising. Specially the atmosphere and the size of stadiums. Don't think any cricket game has gotten that right. And saying its close to fifa/madden series is really high praise.

I think they have passion to create great sports titles. Still a way to go to catch up with FIFA series, but I don't think they are that far either. Budget and time will only make this cricket game even better. Specially knowing this game has been under development for nearly 3 years now since I heard of it first. So extremely upbeat to play this game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
More feautures are defiinitely better than no features. Atleast they tried to add it to the game to get that authentic experience. The features like DRS must be part of the gameplay, since it's a part of cricket matches today. To me Trickstar dev's sounds like lazy coders. When asked about implementing many features Bigant's dev's are implementing for their game, Trickster many times answered that "it's too complex, can't implement etc". It's their third game and they still can't implement this features that fans been asking for ages (exactly since blc99), but the guys with their debut title are implementing all this complex systems in their game. In a cricket game, atmosphere is also a part of the magic gameplay that all of you guys keep talking about.

Lol yes they do sound pretty lazy. But i would be satisfied if ashes just gets the simple animations right for shots and bowlers and has a competitve AI. You might say that is not acceptable for a game that had 2 prequels but problem is they havent gotten much right in those prequels either. Maybe the new engine will make things better.

About the cricket game by BA, well ross has everyone so excited already. Even if they get things wrong i do not think anyone will call them lazy or say they did not put the effortin. They are pushing the game to the right direction and i hope ashes team learns from it and up their game. Competition is always good for the game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can't wait to create all english county teams and tournaments! :D

savvart

Associate Cricketer
The thing with RLL2 was that while the gameplay was solid, the finer points of the animation left a lot to be desired. Collisions were quite poor when watching the replays and the player AI was ok but not as good as it should have been - when compared to Fifa and Madden at least.

The graphics were very poor though. From a normal distance the players looked OK, but up close they were very low res.

Lets hope this cricket game has improved on the graphics and animations as much as a solid gameplay and AI... :yes

umosay

Club Captain
The thing with RLL2 was that while the gameplay was solid, the finer points of the animation left a lot to be desired. Collisions were quite poor when watching the replays and the player AI was ok but not as good as it should have been - when compared to Fifa and Madden at least.

The graphics were very poor though. From a normal distance the players looked OK, but up close they were very low res.

Lets hope this cricket game has improved on the graphics and animations as much as a solid gameplay and AI... :yes

Yes, but there is no physical collisions in cricket (or very few), it should be a lot easier to make cleaner looking animations. Collisions are a lot of work. As long as the ball to bat to fielder 'collision' looks fine then that's the most important thing.

Graphics aren't everything to me, the CA players look fine, I'm sure PC will also allow higher-res and better looking textures.

Last edited:

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
release date

so the whole game will be released on the 22nd april if i read correctly so will there be a few more screenshots before release:)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
so the whole game will be released on the 22nd april if i read correctly so will there be a few more screenshots before release
No - Cricket Academy is only the in game editor for the game - the full game doesn't have a release date (or a name) yet.

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Any idea if the editor will be released for mac as well as windows? I'm guessing probably not :noway And just to clear it up, the editor is only on computer right, no PSN download?

Allrounder18

Banned
@Ross
Does Cricket Academy have customized hairstyle and moustache like different lengths ,density ,setting custom hairline etc and choosing which area to remain bald and which area to remain hairy so that we can create players like David Boon who has slightly different hair apportionment on his head and face (lol).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread