DBC14 PC Version 1.14

Anyone else feel like they're copping a lot more run-outs? Or is my running between wickets just a bit off?

it feels like the fielders are a bit more quicker to react/anticipate to the ball hence more run outs.

only for full deliveries on off stump, that too its a hit or miss i have had it connect a few times withe proper shot i think but mostly not able to and plays a pull.
I was able to connect some shots but most of them went straight to the fielders. I've a question though, why would you play such a shot against a delivery bowled on the off-side? The whole point of changing the AI length was to allow players to score runs on the off-side because earlier almost half the amount of shots were played on the leg side using the front foot leg glance.

I was able to connect some shots but most of them went straight to the fielders. I've a question though, why would you play such a shot against a delivery bowled on the off-side? The whole point of changing the AI length was to allow players to score runs on the off-side because earlier almost half the amount of shots were played on the leg side using the front foot leg glance.

People get into habits over time, and we've been dealing with the leg side bowling for a long time. There are going to be a lot of users who are brilliant playing it off their legs, who are going to find it hard on the off stump line, and it'll take time.

That said, the balance of fielders will be crucial going forward.

Brilliant work with the latest patch though.

People get into habits over time, and we've been dealing with the leg side bowling for a long time. There are going to be a lot of users who are brilliant playing it off their legs, who are going to find it hard on the off stump line, and it'll take time.
aaargh stop making assumption for me or others. Im someone who could play offside well in earlier patches too.

I was able to connect some shots but most of them went straight to the fielders. I've a question though, why would you play such a shot against a delivery bowled on the off-side? T

because once i have started smashing on the offside it gets packed with deep cover long off, deep cover point ,third man etc etc so its pretty normal for me to expect to walk offside and loft one on the legside were there is only deep backward leg and a forward leg.

Apart form that even fielders or not i would like to be able to manufacture shots i want to play without restrictions

another thing the leg glance without trigger is perfectly playable using the same buttons only when i want to loft its not connecting and mostly plays pull.

Not a big deal on the whole can live with it just if it can be rectified easily or something then would be cool to have it hence, pointing it out.

Last edited:
aaargh stop making assumption for me or others. Im someone who could play offside well in earlier patches too.

because once i have started smashing on the offside it gets packed with deep cover long off, deep cover point ,third man etc etc so its pretty normal for me to expect to walk offside and loft one on the legside were there is only deep backward leg and a forward leg.

Apart form that even fielders or not i would like to be able to manufacture shots i want to play without restrictions

another thing the leg glance without trigger is perfectly playable using the same buttons only when i want to loft its not connecting.

That's the whole point though, playing that kind of shot is dangerous. If you're getting out trying to manufacture a shot on the onside from a ball on or outside off stump, then the AI is winning the tactical battle quite conclusively. The point of them setting a field and bowling to it is exactly that.

I was also talking more generally. Those who I've played with who have mostly faced only AI bowling are generally very weak to balls on a good line and length, as they're so used to trying to play it leg side, that you can trap them in front often. With the AI now bowling a more realistic line (although I'm sure the Big Ant team are working as they have to improve even that), we'll hopefully see more realistic matches.

The big worry is that getting a cricket game right is such a fine, subtle balance, but they seem to be the first to not only be able to make a game that's fun to play, but also balance and tune it more towards how it should be. They've have done astonishingly well in patching the game, especially considering that the game was already very good to start with.

That's the whole point though, playing that kind of shot is dangerous. If you're getting out trying to manufacture a shot on the onside from a ball on or outside off stump, then the AI is winning the tactical battle quite conclusively. The point of them setting a field and bowling to it is exactly that.

dude im not even able to play that shot that's the point i can accept if im playing the shot and lobbing it up, whats happening is im playing pull shots to yorkers, i can only remember one instance of it in the history of cricket.

you would have seen this vid if DRM issue hadnt been dragged on for pages.

obviously im not having a go at BAS.....

Reactions: Pat

another thing the leg glance without trigger is perfectly playable using the same buttons only when i want to loft its not connecting and mostly plays pull.

Not a big deal on the whole can live with it just if it can be rectified easily or something then would be cool to have it hence, pointing it out.
Yeah, without the triggers you can play the shot. Don't really know if we'll actually do something about it. I'll keep you posted if something changes.

you do know im not demanding immediate fix now's.. just something i noticed and putting it on your list of if possibles:)

dude im not even able to play that shot that's the point i can accept if im playing the shot and lobbing it up, whats happening is im playing pull shots to yorkers, i can only remember one instance of it in the history of cricket.

you would have seen this vid if DRM issue hadnt been dragged on for pages.

obviously im not having a go at BAS.....

Ah... It should be a dangerous, somewhat silly shot. But you should, if timed correctly, be able to play that kind of shot. Point made.

Edit: There are a few shots that go for strange selections, particularly for fuller balls. I find of wish there was a finer method for picking the length a bit more ourselves.

What? Trying to play to the leg side like that to a full ball is asking for trouble, but you should be able to make a shot there. It's a bit odd that it's going for a pull there, and it seems that the game does a few of those odd selections there.

Hey fiction, while your on, slightly off topic, but just wondered if you've got plans to include career world cups in upcoming patches. Game would be virtually perfect for me if so.

Thanks.

Hey fiction, while your on, slightly off topic, but just wondered if you've got plans to include career world cups in upcoming patches. Game would be virtually perfect for me if so.

Thanks.
I'm afraid I don't have a definite answer for that question. Inclusion of a world cup will demand some serious changes in the game and would need some extensive testing. However, that doesn't mean it can't be or won't be done.

Users who are viewing this thread