Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how it works.

As stated earlier. Your first save of the day when turning the xbox360 on will always crash/freeze. So just shutdown turn xbox360 back on and it will save fine for the rest of the day.

Continue to do this on a daily basis....

Don't play as much since patch as the ground shots get me caught all the time. Pull/cut are impossible to keep down now. ANNOYING :facepalm

Mine doesn't crash every time on the first save of the day. It is way more intermittent than that. Although does seem to be more likely after I've actually made a score! :mad

Side note: What does it take for a man to be "verbally masturbated" by @ethybubs?

Fourteen pairs of your grooviest socks and one deer shaped cake that was made by a middle aged Italian man who listened to Pink Floyd while it baked.

I think part of the issue is that most people who deal with game companies are used to a customer service rep posting polite, inane and bland comments about how your order is important to us. Ross is the CEO; it's his company and his money. He's entitled to get snippy about people blaming him for something that is Microsoft's fault (and that he is spending time and resources attempting to work around).

Now then, that's a tad unfair. Regardless of whether its an MS problem or not, he has no right to get snippy at people for wanting to play the game they paid for. It was not as if the fella was being out of order when Ross snapped at him. I can't believe for a second that if any of the regulars had this problem they wouldn't be complaining.

If you wish to praise BA for this game, and its a great game, feel free to do so, its a forum for goodness sake. But if someone wants to moan because they can't play it, its hardly fair to turn on them. I now can't save on casual matches either, which means I can't play the game. That's wrong, regardless of developer or OS.

Last edited:
Now then, that's a tad unfair. Regardless of whether its an MS problem or not, he has no right to get snippy at people for wanting to play the game they paid for. It was not as if the fella was being out of order when Ross snapped at him. I can't believe for a second that if any of the regulars had this problem they wouldn't be complaining.

If you wish to praise BA for this game, and its a great game, feel free to do so, its a forum for goofness sake. But if someone wants to moan because they can't play it, its hardly fair to turn on them. I now can't save on casual matches either, which means I can't play the game. That's wrong, regardless of developer or OS.

i agree with you, people are entitled to complain.

and FWIW i think Ross misread what the first guy said - i took "i find it hard to believe" not as a "Ross you're lying" but more "I've seen some stuff that doesn't fit with that, here is the info" - but the other guy, and some others, are here hassling Big Ant as if they have done something wrong and are trying to avoid taking responsibility when it's the direct opposite of that. it's an MS firmware issue, that BA have still committed to spending the time and money to try and fix.

People want to come on, say they've got the problem, and give Ross all the information they can about it, whether it fits the current theory regarding older machines or not, nobody has a problem with that.

People want to come here, act as if Big Ant have ripped them off and are trying to get away without fixing it, they're gonna get called out by Ross and others.

Mate I'll get "snippy" with anyone who says things like "I find it hard to beleive...." - it's an unwarranted slur.

Fact is we actually are not compelled to do anything at all, we passed submission, it's for MS to fix.

However we are trying to fix it at my personal expense.

----------

Unfortunately this is so true, I have no traction with MS on this issue.

Not to mention they're all running scared worried about their jobs.

Ross mate, people just want to play the blasted game. It is so incredibly frustrating that I can;t watch my beloved England getting beaten by India, whilst playing the game! And belief is an independent thing, it is a view (of sorts) taken by a singular person, so I wouldn't say it was a slur.

----------

i agree with you, people are entitled to complain.

and FWIW i think Ross misread what the first guy said - i took "i find it hard to believe" not as a "Ross you're lying" but more "I've seen some stuff that doesn't fit with that, here is the info" - but the other guy, and some others, are here hassling Big Ant as if they have done something wrong and are trying to avoid taking responsibility when it's the direct opposite of that. it's an MS firmware issue, that BA have still committed to spending the time and money to try and fix.

People want to come on, say they've got the problem, and give Ross all the information they can about it, whether it fits the current theory regarding older machines or not, nobody has a problem with that.

People want to come here, act as if Big Ant have ripped them off and are trying to get away without fixing it, they're gonna get called out by Ross and others.

I see your side of the argument Blocker, but you have to remember that not everyone knows about firmware (I know the word, but no idea what it means!) and will come here to moan because as they see it, the game is bROken, they have paid their money, and want to play the game. Not everyone has the time to read through the thousands of posts to find there problem.

There should be a comment on the website from BigAnt stating that this is an MS problem and that is looking to get fixed.

I don;t feel "ripped off" because I think it is a brilliant game and I really enjoy playing it. The career mode is perfect. But as I can't save, I just end up playing the same same games over and over. Its like if you bought Skyrim, and you could only play the first few missions. Would you sit there and just repeat because the game is awesome? of course you wouldn't.

Actually, I probably would!

Ross mate, people just want to play the blasted game. It is so incredibly frustrating that I can;t watch my beloved England getting beaten by India, whilst playing the game! And belief is an independent thing, it is a view (of sorts) taken by a singular person, so I wouldn't say it was a slur.

----------

I see your side of the argument Blocker, but you have to remember that not everyone knows about firmware (I know the word, but no idea what it means!) and will come here to moan because as they see it, the game is bROken, they have paid their money, and want to play the game. Not everyone has the time to read through the thousands of posts to find there problem.

There should be a comment on the website from BigAnt stating that this is an MS problem and that is looking to get fixed.

I don;t feel "ripped off" because I think it is a brilliant game and I really enjoy playing it. The career mode is perfect. But as I can't save, I just end up playing the same same games over and over. Its like if you bought Skyrim, and you could only play the first few missions. Would you sit there and just repeat because the game is awesome? of course you wouldn't.

Actually, I probably would!

you're right. i don't expect everyone to know or understand it's an MS issue right off the bat.

i do expect people, once told the issue, to not keep going on and on as if the issue is Big Ant's fault and they refuse to do anything about it. My main problem was with Dougie and dalesy or whoever, literally acting as if they were consumer champions holding Big Ant to account on behalf of the little guy, and not letting them off the hook, when as I say there's no question of that whatsoever. And they just won't accept anything else. they need to be called on being idiots.

it absolutely sucks that this issue is cropping up, and as an xbox owner i have a lot of sympathy and feel "there but for the grace of god" etc. as thankfully i haven't had the issue. but all the people having the problem are best served by people coming on here and giving the info over and helping, not going into Anne Robinson mode and thinking it's an episode of Watchdog

Now then, that's a tad unfair. Regardless of whether its an MS problem or not, he has no right to get snippy at people for wanting to play the game they paid for. It was not as if the fella was being out of order when Ross snapped at him.

I think it's frustration so I can understand it but I don't condone it. My point was mostly that we're getting a link straight to the top here so it may be different to how you have seen community representatives interacting elsewhere.
Sure I'd rather Ross didn't snap at posters - would make my job easier - but people need to appreciate where he's coming from too.

And if I wasn't here then maybe you'd actually go to the source of the issue, MS - good luck with that.

Oh, no need to respond, I don't care to hear from you again either.

You're a total jerk. Insulting your customers. Might have to make a phone call or 2 I think.

You've released a buggy unplayable (after patch 2) game. If you're not going to fix it where can I resend my reicept to?

Random question. Anyone heard of the ACCC?

Last edited:
Who ya gonna call? Rossbusters!!

Seriously, you make that call and let's see how successful you are. (Pro tip, we already know the outcome.)

ACCC? African Christian Community Church?

Let Big Ant try and sort it out first before we resort to prayers.

(although I reckon Jesus is more of PS3 guy)

you're right. i don't expect everyone to know or understand it's an MS issue right off the bat.

i do expect people, once told the issue, to not keep going on and on as if the issue is Big Ant's fault and they refuse to do anything about it. My main problem was with Dougie and dalesy or whoever, literally acting as if they were consumer champions holding Big Ant to account on behalf of the little guy, and not letting them off the hook, when as I say there's no question of that whatsoever. And they just won't accept anything else. they need to be called on being idiots.

it absolutely sucks that this issue is cropping up, and as an xbox owner i have a lot of sympathy and feel "there but for the grace of god" etc. as thankfully i haven't had the issue. but all the people having the problem are best served by people coming on here and giving the info over and helping, not going into Anne Robinson mode and thinking it's an episode of Watchdog

Does she still do watchdog?! Can't stand her wink!

I've read its an MS issue, I can't begin to understand what that means, and it is nice that Ross is looking into it on his own time, when maybe he doesn't have to. But at the end of the day, it's his company's name on the box, and therefore a broken game with the BA logo on it is not good for BA and un-informed posters will obviously blame Ross and his team.

Whoever s fault it is, it does need to get fixed ASAP because its just getting worse. I now have 2 deleted career games that I'd managed to progress a little on, and now even casual matches aren't saving for me.

----------

You're a total jerk. Insulting your customers. Might have to make a phone call or 2 I think.

You've released a buggy unplayable (after patch 2) game. If you're not going to fix it where can I resend my reicept to?

Random question. Anyone heard of the ACCC?

Dawsey, you're acting like a child pal. I'm angry too, and I do hold BA responsible in some form because it is their game.

But getting angry and insulting the CEO of the company who made your game....well it isn't sensible!

----------

I think it's frustration so I can understand it but I don't condone it. My point was mostly that we're getting a link straight to the top here so it may be different to how you have seen community representatives interacting elsewhere.
Sure I'd rather Ross didn't snap at posters - would make my job easier - but people need to appreciate where he's coming from too.

Yeah totally. People should see both sides, but Ross getting mad at someone getting mad is just a big circle of non-helpfulness!

Everyone should be encouraged to give the point of view. Unfortunately this Dawsey character has gone on an attack at BA....its his right t do so. We should all be big enough to rise above it.

I'm furious I can't play this game, but (hopefully!) am still able to discuss the issues reasonably!

I'm stuck at a semi final in the P40 against Scotland that is saved halfway through the match. Their innings was completed and I've played mine a few times but it crashes every single time. Any thoughts?

Tried this match again this morning. Saved once as others have said the first save always crashes...it didn't. I then went on to make a match winning 143 not out...this time it did crash. Gunna have to take a little break I think as I don't want to lose my cool with the game as I still love it.

I can understand the frustration of others as it does seem like it only started appearing as a result of the second patch. However having now seen it be explained that it related to MS firmware (not totally sure what that means but I'm ok with that) and not BigAnt it seems futile to keep harassing Ross with complaints and insults. You'd be lucky if any other developer would even know this was an issue with one of their games...we're pretty fortunate that members of the BigAnt team post here.

Tried this match again this morning. Saved once as others have said the first save always crashes...it didn't. I then went on to make a match winning 143 not out...this time it did crash. Gunna have to take a little break I think as I don't want to lose my cool with the game as I still love it.

I can understand the frustration of others as it does seem like it only started appearing as a result of the second patch. However having now seen it be explained that it related to MS firmware (not totally sure what that means but I'm ok with that) and not BigAnt it seems futile to keep harassing Ross with complaints and insults. You'd be lucky if any other developer would even know this was an issue with one of their games...we're pretty fortunate that members of the BigAnt team post here.

Good post sir. I broke one of my controllers in frustration after taking a match wicket 6-24 from 10 overs and for the game not to save! Taking a break is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread