Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the bit I don't get form these people, Ross is here every day, it's like we have him on speed-dial. He's literally a member of this forum and a fairly entertaining one at that... He's not dodging the issue whatsoever. All brouhaha about "well I paid for the game, so fix it mobileers" stuff is wasted finger pressing, because that's what they're doing... and going to continue doing. Which is more than any other cricket games developer has ever done. Ever.

Maybe he should stop getting in forum fights and do his job. I don't care if I ever hear from him again. Just fix the game.

If your order a steak and you don't like it. You tell the waiter yes? Now you know it's not the waiters fault but you tell him so he can fix it.

Do I say to you, oh the waiter doesn't have to fix it cause he didn't cook it, so he doesn't really have to do anything about it?

No of course not. You expect him to get the god damn steak fixed and or remade. You don't care how. Just that he gets it done!

I feel the same with my game purchase. I don't care if it is Microsoft, the developers, the mail boy or a sony conspiracy. Fix it. Much like that crap piece of steak. I don't care who fixes it, or who cooked it. FIX IT.

That is one of the worst analogys i have ever seen. The waiter would still be part of the same establishment and therefore responsible for the food.

You're effectively blaming Ford because you drove your Mondeo over a pothole. it's not their fault.

That doesn't seem to be getting through.

I don't care. My game doesn't work. I don't have anyone at Microsoft I can contact about it.

If only someone here had contacts at Microsoft they could call and get some information from.....

Oh wait....

I think part of the issue is that most people who deal with game companies are used to a customer service rep posting polite, inane and bland comments about how your order is important to us. Ross is the CEO; it's his company and his money. He's entitled to get snippy about people blaming him for something that is Microsoft's fault (and that he is spending time and resources attempting to work around).

I don't care. My game doesn't work. I don't have anyone at Microsoft I can contact about it.

If only someone here had contacts at Microsoft they could call and get some information from.....

Oh wait....

Yep, i am sure a minor developer with a game on what is no longer their main console just has loads of sway with Microsoft.

Oh wait...

Mode:career
Match Type:odi/4d/t20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):if last wicket falls because of a catch taken in the slip.
Ground:n/a
Teams:n/a
Get Best:
Description of Issue: This has happened to me a few times, if the last wickets is a catch in the slip when I am bowling the game hangs. When I say hang I mean the players are still moving, pause menu can also be brought up, replays can be queued but they will never play as the game refuses to go forward. Players just stand in a huddle doing nothing.

Also in career mode caught and bowled seems to not work, since the new patch I have never been out caught and bowled and never taken a caught and bowled. Some catches are so simple but ai always drops it.

Thanks

and there is no need to be "snippy" to the customers who are having the problem

Mate I'll get "snippy" with anyone who says things like "I find it hard to beleive...." - it's an unwarranted slur.

Fact is we actually are not compelled to do anything at all, we passed submission, it's for MS to fix.

However we are trying to fix it at my personal expense.

----------

Yep, i am sure a minor developer with a game on what is no longer their main console just has loads of sway with Microsoft.

Oh wait...

Unfortunately this is so true, I have no traction with MS on this issue.

Not to mention they're all running scared worried about their jobs.

Mode:career
Match Type:odi/4d/t20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):if last wicket falls because of a catch taken in the slip.
Ground:n/a
Teams:n/a
Get Best:
Description of Issue: This has happened to me a few times, if the last wickets is a catch in the slip when I am bowling the game hangs. When I say hang I mean the players are still moving, pause menu can also be brought up, replays can be queued but they will never play as the game refuses to go forward. Players just stand in a huddle doing nothing.

Also in career mode caught and bowled seems to not work, since the new patch I have never been out caught and bowled and never taken a caught and bowled. Some catches are so simple but ai always drops it.

Thanks

1. It's known that this can happen, just appeal a bit later, normally helps others.

2. In career mode, if you're bowling, you have to make the input for the catch to be taken by you (i.e. your career player). This would be moving the right thumb stick (normally towards the direction the ball is coming from) to take the catch and hold onto it.

----------

Unfortunately this is so true, I have no traction with MS on this issue.

Not to mention they're all running scared worried about their jobs.

Yeah, 18000 jobs lost across MS. It's a sad story.

Hopefully the almighty tweakers can stop targeting you for an anger outlet.

Thanks again for the great game... hopefully we aren't giving you too much to patch :lol

Last edited:
1. It's known that this can happen, just appeal a bit later, normally helps others.

2. In career mode, if you're bowling, you have to make the input for the catch to be taken by you (i.e. your career player). This would be moving the right thumb stick (normally towards the direction the ball is coming from) to take the catch and hold onto it.

Thanks, will try that but don't you reckon the ai also seem to drop all caught and bowled. I haven't been c&b since the patch.

Maybe he should stop getting in forum fights and do his job. I don't care if I ever hear from him again. Just fix the game.

And if I wasn't here then maybe you'd actually go to the source of the issue, MS - good luck with that.

Oh, no need to respond, I don't care to hear from you again either.

Thanks, will try that but don't you reckon the ai also seem to drop all caught and bowled. I haven't been c&b since the patch.

I've got the PC version and the only time I've ever been CnB'd is when a ball deflected off silly mid-on's face and was taken by the bowler. Other than that, nope they don't seem to catch them. I've taken 4 CnB's in a match with my bowler though.

I've got the PC version and the only time I've ever been CnB'd is when a ball deflected off silly mid-on's face and was taken by the bowler. Other than that, nope they don't seem to catch them. I've taken 4 CnB's in a match with my bowler though.

I am sure they will fix this in the next patch, anyways my batting sucks so really deep down inside I am not complaining. :)

I have this save problem and I am angry about it but I am grateful that Ross and his team are looking at trying to fix it. A bit of research has shown that this a problem that is affecting a number of games, some very high profile ones. You should be thankful that Big Ant have acknowledged the problem and are trying to fix it. Some massive companies such as EA and Take Two have yet to respond or even acknowledge this as a problem and have been simply referring people to MS who are in turn not really responding in any positive manner.

Yes it is annoying, yes it is frustrating but be grateful that we have developer who has acknowledged the problem and are actively seeking a solution, that is not the case on most of the other games who have this problem.

Not to mention that, actually, you should be talking to the people that took your money. If you can prove the product defective then they are probably obliged to replace it, or if a replacement is not available, refund you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread