Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a customer complaining. Mine and the complaint of another user with circa 2013 consoles was dismissed by the 'CEO' of the developer. I am well within my rights to complain and be aggrieved. In fact he didn't just dismiss it, he basically implied it wasn't happening.

I'm not an arsehole just very very annoyed.

If you honestly can't understand that logic stop commenting.

I just wonder how the rest of you verbal masturbaters would feel if you complained about something and your complaint was dismissed by the CEO. You'd be mad too

And another thing the whole 'oh just delay your appeal thing'

No. No I shouldn't have to delay my appeal. Fix the issue. Do your job. It is kinda sad you've just accepted fault with this game. If this was EA, or codemasters you'd be all over them like white on rice. But instead you accept mediocracy because the developer throws you a few bones in a forum.

News flash. He's not your mate or friend. He only wants our money.

Last edited:
I'm a customer complaining. Mine and the complaint was dismissed by the 'CEO' of the developer. I am well within my rights to complain and be aggrieved.

I just wonder how the rest of you verbal masturbaters would feel if you complained about something and your complaint was dismissed by the CEO. You'd be mad too

Yeah, I have complained a number of times, but I've not resorted to rudeness. There is a way of going about things. I have also tried to help others with suggestions, as this is a forum, not a complaints website. Try discussing things with your fellow PC members, rather than shouting at Ross.

I'm a customer complaining. Mine and the complaint was dismissed by the 'CEO' of the developer. I am well within my rights to complain and be aggrieved.

the complaint hasn't been dismissed, they are working on fixing it. they believe it's an issue with MS firmware, but, because as @richowebbo has pointed out their logo is on the box and they want to stand behind their product they are trying to fix it their end. if the complaint was being dismissed, people will be behind you.

your inability to understand/accept that point has led to you, personally, being dismissed. that's different.

to reiterate for the thousandth time, you seem to think you're a consumer champion trying to keep a dodgy trader on the straight and narrow. you're not that, even a little bit.

the complaint hasn't been dismissed, they are working on fixing it. they believe it's an issue with MS firmware, but, because as @richowebbo has pointed out their logo is on the box and they want to stand behind their product they are trying to fix it their end. if the complaint was being dismissed, people will be behind you.

your inability to understand/accept that point has led to you, personally, being dismissed. that's different.

to reiterate for the thousandth time, you seem to think you're a consumer champion trying to keep a dodgy trader on the straight and narrow. you're not that, even a little bit.

So if you buy a product, let's say any product, that is unusable and has been for about a month now, would you just sit back and wait for it to be fixed. Or would you demand it be fixed immediately? Would you even demand a refund?

So if you buy a product, let's say any product, that is unusable and has been for about a month now, would you just sit back and wait for it to be fixed. Or would you demand it be fixed immediately? Would you even demand a refund?

As has been discussed, you have a right to complain, of course you do. BUt has been mentioned billions of times, BA believe it to be an MS problem. So drop on to an MS forum and see if Bill Gates his hanging about. He might be able to help you.

If it turns out to be a BA error, then you've screwed yourself from further help by the way you have spoken.

I'm a customer complaining. Mine and the complaint of another user with circa 2013 consoles was dismissed by the 'CEO' of the developer. I am well within my rights to complain and be aggrieved. In fact he didn't just dismiss it, he basically implied it wasn't happening.

And another thing the whole 'oh just delay your appeal thing'

No. No I shouldn't have to delay my appeal. Fix the issue. Do your job. It is kinda sad you've just accepted fault with this game. If this was EA, or codemasters you'd be all over them like white on rice. But instead you accept mediocracy because the developer throws you a few bones in a forum.

News flash. He's not your mate or friend. He only wants our money.

Have you tried playing Dark Souls on PC (the first one)? The game is a mess, and the developers said when they released it that "This is what you're getting, we're not supporting it". Activision released uPlay with Assassin's Creed 2, but if you had to either uninstall the game, or reload your PC, you couldn't re-install the game because of an issue with uPlay... Activision told me "sorry, nothing we can do about it" and gave me a 7 year old game for free.

BA and Ross have seen and acknowledged that there's an issue, and are working on the issue. The "oh just delay your appeal" thing, is a work around until the issue is fixed in a future patch.

You have to remember that BA is not the size of EA (ew), Codemasters, Bethesda, etc, and are working on it.

Try getting the CEO of EA to talk to you on a public forum when you have an issue with a game his company has released. You'll be lucky to get a response from their support guys, never mind the CEO.

Just be happy that this has been acknowledged and a fix is being worked on. No need to get insulting to BA, or anyone else on this forum.

Note: This isn't just aimed at you, and we've all seen that there's this issue on the Xbox 360, and have accepted that it's being worked on.

Patience is a virtue.

As has been discussed, you have a right to complain, of course you do. BUt has been mentioned billions of times, BA believe it to be an MS problem. So drop on to an MS forum and see if Bill Gates his hanging about. He might be able to help you.

If it turns out to be a BA error, then you've screwed yourself from further help by the way you have spoken.

No you see, I don't care who's fault it is. I want my game to work. I don't care if it's ghosts of the Commodore 64 infecting my xbox. I do not care. BA can take it up with whoever they want. That's not my problem. That's theirs. They're the developers of the game. I'm just the consumer. If their product does it work I am entitled to be refunded.

So I'll say it again. Who should I forward my receipt to?

It's barely even worth trying to explain things to this moron, it's bound to fall on deaf ears with him continuing his high and mighty tirade on Big Ant and their product.

If buying another model of the Xbox 360 solving the problem doesn't prove that it is 100% Microsoft's fault, I don't know what does. It's meant to be a fixed platform yet things like this are happening not just with DBC but with many other titles too.

I'm sure many developers aren't even bothering to look into this (their code isn't at fault anyway), yet here we have Big Ant working around the clock to find a workaround.

If anything your quest for a refund/exchange should be taken up with Microsoft for the console, rather than Big Ant for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

would entirely depend on the reason for the failure.

if i felt it was sold in a state unsuitable for sale, i would demand a refund.
if i felt it required a fix and the fix could be immediate, yes i'd demand an immediate fix.

this is neither of those. this is a complex issue, that so far as i can tell from the various posts here, has no obvious consistent cause (it seems to be older machines, but then some people say they have newer machines; it seems to be seems to smaller drives, but then some people say they have 250GB; some people say they can get "fixes" by doing certain things, but the others say these things don't work for them), it is not obviously a fault of the product (other games are having the same issue)... so I would like to think i'd understand that it's unreasonable to expect an immediate, even quick fix to this.

given also that the producer of the product can give a credible reason that is not their fault (MS Firmware, in this instance) and yet still commit to trying to fix it, i don't think i'd go into watchdog mode and try and hound the producer as if he was a shyster.

nobody, whether @Ross or other posters on the forum are dismissing the issue, nobody is saying you have no right to frustrated, annoyed even - what we are saying is your manner of complaint, your refusal to accept that the developer is working on a fix although it may not be imminent because they struggle to reproduce it and believe it's not actually their code causing the issue but the firmware, and your hounding of them as if they are dodgy traders trying to shirk responsibility is utterly ridiculous and you as a poster have zero credibility. and yes, sorry, you do sound like a complete douchebag.

I'm not here to bag anyone out. I am really not. I am just wondering when enough is enough?

'We are working on it' is all well and good....for a limited period of time. A month later it begins to wear thin. It wears even more thin when the specific issue you are suffering from is doubted and dismissed.

If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry. But I felt the need to speak up for those people who have run out of patience. If you're happy to keep waiting. Good for you. But myself... And others want the things we pay for to work....and that's not wrong of us.

----------

would entirely depend on the reason for the failure.

if i felt it was sold in a state unsuitable for sale, i would demand a refund.
if i felt it required a fix and the fix could be immediate, yes i'd demand an immediate fix.

this is neither of those. this is a complex issue, that so far as i can tell from the various posts here, has no obvious consistent cause (it seems to be older machines, but then some people say they have newer machines; it seems to be seems to smaller drives, but then some people say they have 250GB; some people say they can get "fixes" by doing certain things, but the others say these things don't work for them), it is not obviously a fault of the product (other games are having the same issue)... so I would like to think i'd understand that it's unreasonable to expect an immediate, even quick fix to this.

given also that the producer of the product can give a credible reason that is not their fault (MS Firmware, in this instance) and yet still commit to trying to fix it, i don't think i'd go into watchdog mode and try and hound the producer as if he was a shyster.

nobody, whether @Ross or other posters on the forum are dismissing the issue, nobody is saying you have no right to frustrated, annoyed even - what we are saying is your manner of complaint, your refusal to accept that the developer is working on a fix although it may not be imminent because they struggle to reproduce it and believe it's not actually their code causing the issue but the firmware, and your hounding of them as if they are dodgy traders trying to shirk responsibility is utterly ridiculous and you as a poster have zero credibility. and yes, sorry, you do sound like a complete douchebag.

I couldn't give a toss about your forum credibility. Am I supposed to desire your praise of holy forum user?

Get over yourself. The only thing I want is my game to work. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of me.

The end.

I'm not here to bag anyone out. I am really not. I am just wondering when enough is enough?

'We are working on it' is all well and good....for a limited period of time. A month later it begins to wear thin. It wears even more thin when the specific issue you are suffering from is doubted and dismissed.

If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry. But I felt the need to speak up for those people who have run out of patience. If you're happy to keep waiting. Good for you. But myself... And others want the things we pay for to work....and that's not wrong of us.

enough was enough a long time ago, from you.

nobody is doubting or dismissing the issue.

everyone is dismissing you personally.

No you see, I don't care who's fault it is. I want my game to work. I don't care if it's ghosts of the Commodore 64 infecting my xbox. I do not care. BA can take it up with whoever they want. That's not my problem. That's theirs. They're the developers of the game. I'm just the consumer. If their product does it work I am entitled to be refunded.

So I'll say it again. Who should I forward my receipt to?

The retailer you bought it from, if you can prove to them that it does not work, and that also depends on the returns policy of said retailer.

But you'll kick yourself if it gets fixed tomorrow and you no longer have the game... and we'll laugh, and laugh, and laugh...

enough was enough a long time ago, from you.

nobody is doubting or dismissing the issue.

everyone is dismissing you personally.

I couldn't give a toss if you think I'm a member of the westboro church. I really couldn't. You actually seem to think I care. You're a non issue. Words on a screen.

I want my game to work. The end.

I couldn't give a toss if you think I'm a member of the westboro church. I really couldn't. You actually seem to think I care. You're a non issue. Words on a screen.

I want my game to work. The end.

I couldn't give a toss about your forum credibility. Am I supposed to desire your praise of holy forum user?

Get over yourself. The only thing I want is my game to work. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of me.

The end.

So pathetic :facepalm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread