Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance, but if the issue was introduced in Patch 2, why don't the affected users go back to Patch 1. Backup/remove all the files/saves and delete all DBC14 content from your Xbox, then manually update to Patch 1?

There are some quite frankly awful attitudes on display in this thread (on both sides of the debate) - arguing about what the developer has a "moral obligation" to do or not do, or shouting down dissenting customers (for what it's worth, I find some of the comments from the developers' representatives highly unprofessional, but that's by the by) is absolutely pointless in any case.

The goods market is a very simple place. They sell a product. You buy a product. The price at which the seller can sell that product reflects the market perception of the quality and value of that product. If the buyer doesn't like that product, then they don't buy it. If they buy it and find that it's faulty, they reject it and get their money back. If they can't do that, they sell it and recoup their losses.

As a buyer, you are entirely in control of your own position in this matrix, so I utterly don't understand what the complaint is about. They don't "owe" you a good game, they made a product because there was demand for it.

Pardon my ignorance, but if the issue was introduced in Patch 2, why don't the affected users go back to Patch 1. Backup/remove all the files/saves and delete all DBC14 content from your Xbox, then manually update to Patch 1?

The system will only prompt you to install the latest patch, which is all inclusive. You can't choose to install an earlier one.

There are some quite frankly awful attitudes on display in this thread (on both sides of the debate) - arguing about what the developer has a "moral obligation" to do or not do, or shouting down dissenting customers (for what it's worth, I find some of the comments from the developers' representatives highly unprofessional, but that's by the by) is absolutely pointless in any case.

The goods market is a very simple place. They sell a product. You buy a product. The price at which the seller can sell that product reflects the market perception of the quality and value of that product. If the buyer doesn't like that product, then they don't buy it. If they buy it and find that it's faulty, they reject it and get their money back. If they can't do that, they sell it and recoup their losses.

As a buyer, you are entirely in control of your own position in this matrix, so I utterly don't understand what the complaint is about. They don't "owe" you a good game, they made a product because there was demand for it.

However, they have produced a good game, and it doesn't work for some people, although it sounds like an MS problem. Your statement also doesn't encompass Human emotion/feeling. Obviously people will get worked up and argue both sides of the coin. If we all just lived our lives by statements such as yours, I'd rather not be here thanks.

Good on you for living your life so black and white though.

I can't believe for a second that if any of the regulars had this problem they wouldn't be complaining

It's four pages back, but this shit really gets to me. What difference does it make to whether you're a regular or not around here? It's like there's a secret illuminati or something that newer members invent to make themselves feel better about making dumb posts or (more regularly) finding themselves on the wrong side of the argument. This a real issue, that affects a limited amount of people, that Big Ant are doing their upmost to fix, that has been tracked back to a Microsoft issue, that affects many other BIG titles. I don't understand what more you want them to do? If I was a "new" member. I'd read the thread, get the info of the may workarounds, and move on?

Read the room, guys. Actually, I'll spell it out; READ the THREAD you're posting in.

There's tonnes of posts from almost all the "regular members" of the forum. Take a stroll down memory lane in the general discussion thread or stop by the easier-to-access "Patch 3" thread if you want proof. The real difference is the "regular members" don't attack Ross, HBK, y'know... the actual REAL people behind this game who are supporting it, fixing it, wanting to put out DLC and more importantly, for YOU newer or "not-regular" folk, supporting the mod efforts as much as legally possible within the game.

This is extraordinary interaction and support. It's YOU newer people that jeopardize this for everyone, the regular Illuminati* and the common folk, by posting the absolute rubbish like "I broke me controller because of this game" and "I don't care if it's Microsoft, Big Ant should fix it" and "I don't believe that some guy in Melbourne brought his xbox in, how convenient" and all that sort of stuff.

Most of the regular members, almost all of us, present our arguments as less of stupid lyrical attacks on these people, and either in a constructive fashion or comedic friendly jibes, which any sane person would enjoy and feel compelled to help out. It's not difficult to get something fixed, added or an issue fixed. IF it's easy for them to do! If you're whinging on about this game being an unplayable mess and then in the next sentance demanding Big Ant fix it, you're prolly not going to get a pleasant response from the CEO of the company who's handing over his money to get it done.

Again; Read the room. It's not hard. Any issues with the game, real, invented or caused by Microsoft Malarkey, it's up to you to read the threads and if you're speaking to @BigAntStudios directly, have a smidge of common decency and just present your argument in a reasonable fashion, you'll get a reasonable response. That's how the "regular members" do it, because most of us have been on this journey with the game a very, very, very long time and we're all, in a very tiny part, responsible for a few of the changes this game has seen.

*There is an illuminati, it's controlled by @ChinamanSpin and @ethybubs. They hold us all hostage in a dormitory room tied to chairs and we're forced to visit this forum every day by their kitten overlords. Send help.

Cheers @Biggs, now I feel like a right tosser for throwing (tossing?) my toys out the pram in another thread for the AI opening with a spinner. (In my defence, he got me out.)

You're part of the illuminati though, so you're safe within the tetrahedron of trust. ...because, 2013 is "old timer" now?

Seriously though, we've all had run-ins with Ross and been on the wrong side of the coin. It's not just limited to "new people" facing some Xbox error everyone supports them on, wants fixed and feels for the Xbox guys that do face it.

The difference is we're just better at the typey-typey and the laughy-laughy.

If I jumped into every thread and posted "The fieldsets suck, I want my money back, my controller is broken because I threw it across the room when the AI put in a silly-mid-on, who's paying for that?" after every post Ross made I think he has every right to call me a narwhal fingering douchebag.

However, they have produced a good game, and it doesn't work for some people, although it sounds like an MS problem. Your statement also doesn't encompass Human emotion/feeling. Obviously people will get worked up and argue both sides of the coin. If we all just lived our lives by statements such as yours, I'd rather not be here thanks.

Good on you for living your life so black and white though.

Come off it, mate, it's a video game and it cost ?40 - that's a mediocre night out down here. I'd like to think 'human emotion' is worth a bit more than that. If you're going to get 'worked up' over that (bit of an understatement from some of what I've read) then where do you leave yourself to go to on the spectrum of upset and anger when bad things happen that actually matter?

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, mind (sounds like I was born to be a lawyer...).

It's four pages back, but this shit really gets to me. What difference does it make to whether you're a regular or not around here? It's like there's a secret illuminati or something that newer members invent to make themselves feel better about making dumb posts or (more regularly) finding themselves on the wrong side of the argument. This a real issue, that affects a limited amount of people, that Big Ant are doing their upmost to fix, that has been tracked back to a Microsoft issue, that affects many other BIG titles. I don't understand what more you want them to do? If I was a "new" member. I'd read the thread, get the info of the may workarounds, and move on?

Read the room, guys. Actually, I'll spell it out; READ the THREAD you're posting in.

There's tonnes of posts from almost all the "regular members" of the forum. Take a stroll down memory lane in the general discussion thread or stop by the easier-to-access "Patch 3" thread if you want proof. The real difference is the "regular members" don't attack Ross, HBK, y'know... the actual REAL people behind this game who are supporting it, fixing it, wanting to put out DLC and more importantly, for YOU newer or "not-regular" folk, supporting the mod efforts as much as legally possible within the game.

This is extraordinary interaction and support. It's YOU newer people that jeopardize this for everyone, the regular Illuminati* and the common folk, by posting the absolute rubbish like "I broke me controller because of this game" and "I don't care if it's Microsoft, Big Ant should fix it" and "I don't believe that some guy in Melbourne brought his xbox in, how convenient" and all that sort of stuff.

Most of the regular members, almost all of us, present our arguments as less of stupid lyrical attacks on these people, and either in a constructive fashion or comedic friendly jibes, which any sane person would enjoy and feel compelled to help out. It's not difficult to get something fixed, added or an issue fixed. IF it's easy for them to do! If you're whinging on about this game being an unplayable mess and then in the next sentance demanding Big Ant fix it, you're prolly not going to get a pleasant response from the CEO of the company who's handing over his money to get it done.

Again; Read the room. It's not hard. Any issues with the game, real, invented or caused by Microsoft Malarkey, it's up to you to read the threads and if you're speaking to @BigAntStudios directly, have a smidge of common decency and just present your argument in a reasonable fashion, you'll get a reasonable response. That's how the "regular members" do it, because most of us have been on this journey with the game a very, very, very long time and we're all, in a very tiny part, responsible for a few of the changes this game has seen.

*There is an illuminati, it's controlled by @ChinamanSpin and @ethybubs. They hold us all hostage in a dormitory room tied to chairs and we're forced to visit this forum every day by their kitten overlords. Send help.

I wondered when you were going to say something.

----------

Come off it, mate, it's a video game and it cost 40 - that's a mediocre night out down here. I'd like to think 'human emotion' is worth a bit more than that. If you're going to get 'worked up' over that (bit of an understatement from some of what I've read) then where do you leave yourself to go to on the spectrum of upset and anger when bad things happen that actually matter?

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, mind (sounds like I was born to be a lawyer...).

Sorry mate but I don;t have 40 quid to blow on a night out these days!

I apologise that I sometimes get angry at Video games. Video games do work me up. One of the reasons like playing them because I get involved. The "Some of what I read" comment pisses me off though.

----------

Biggs, Thanks for going through the pages of stuff and picking out my one comment about the regulars of this site. My point was that one guy dared to have an opinion and gets crucified. Yet on a regular basis people who have been here a while say stuff and it gets looked over as "oh, its just what he's like". I've seen it loads of times.

Yes, the guy was in the wrong as we all discussed 4 pages ago, and he went on to make a tit of himself, but my point still stands. If any of the regular guys who comment all the time had these problems, they would also be moaning. In fact some of the regular guys do and have been moaning.

I can't believe I had to write all that to explain one comment. I need to work on my sentences!

----------

Sorry everyone, but I can't let this go.

Why the constant caps on "YOU"? Why are you directing this at me? I have a legitimate problem with my game and at present, this is the best place to discuss it. I have never been rude to any of the BA guys. In fact I have done everything possible to help. I've suggested work-arounds, given HBK my log in details to try and help. I've spoken to Ross once or twice and never been anything but courteous.

Read how the posts (or if you did, re-read) escalated and YOU will see that apart from the initial anger (due to losing a match winning performance) I was advising a guy to do exactly what you were saying.

On this site, we are ranked (Club, weekend etc.). Therefore it is obvious who "regulars" are. If you don't like it, speak to Admin.

It's not what the guy had to say, it was how he went about it which got him crucified.

We can all understand the frustration at being unable to play the game, but he made no effort whatsoever to even in the slightest try to understand the issues at hand and the current status of the efforts to fix it.

I'm sure whether a regular on the forums or not, people spouting such utter shite would get the same treatment, and deservedly so.

Oh and the people saying some of Ross' comments are unprofessional... To be honest I much prefer things his way than the way most of the 'professional' gaming/business world works. He cuts the bullshit and actually shows genuine passion for his product, interacts with the fanbase and takes onboard their feedback. If along the way you find yourself in the firing line of some stick from him, misguided or not, so what... That to me is far, far better than the standard "professional" soulless PR machines of EA, Ubisoft, Codemasters etc.

I am personally working on this and have been for weeks. I can guarantee that there is no one that is as frustrated as I am. It's rare that I am "on the tools" but that is how much I care about this issue regardless of whom is at fault.

I love the bush lawyers... ACCC? Whatever dude, just go into the retailer and claim that the goods you purchased "are not fit for the purpose for which they were intended", you will get your money back, I won't need to be arsed with you and we can all live happily ever after. There are also another 20+ Xbox titles you can take back at the same time because it must be our fault that those games are broken too.

Meanwhile I will keep working at a solution.

Last edited:
It's not what the guy had to say, it was how he went about it which got him crucified.

We can all understand the frustration at being unable to play the game, but he made no effort whatsoever to even in the slightest try to understand the issues at hand and the current status of the efforts to fix it.

I'm sure whether a regular on the forums or not, people spouting such utter shite would get the same treatment, and deservedly so.

Oh and the people saying some of Ross' comments are unprofessional... To be honest I much prefer things his way than the way most of the 'professional' gaming/business world works. He cuts the bullshit and actually shows genuine passion for his product, interacts with the fanbase and takes onboard their feedback. If along the way you find yourself in the firing line of some stick from him, misguided or not, so what... That to me is far, far better than the standard "professional" soulless PR machines of EA, Ubisoft, Codemasters etc.

I agree he was talking shite and I told him so, but initially, as a new member, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. As I said above, turned out he was a bit of a muppet!

----------

I am personally working on this and have been for weeks. I can guarantee that there is no one that is as frustrated as I am. It's rare that I am "on the tools" but that is how much I care about this issue regardless of whom is at fault.

I love the bush lawyers... ACCC? Whatever dude, just go into the retailer and claim that the goods you purchased "are not fit for the purpose for which they were intended", you will get your money back, I won't need to be arsed with you and we can all live happily ever after. There are also another 20+ Xbox titles you can take back at the same time because it must be our fault that those games are broken too.

Meanwhile I will keep working at a solution.

Ross, is there anyway your guys can put something up on the official DBC14 page saying what the issue is and that it is a firmware problem etc.? I'm just thinking of those guys who have the game but do not know about this site.

It's reassuring to know you are working hard on a solution though. So thanks.

If I'd known a while back how long it would take the I would have. I am hoping we can get something done soon that mitigates the issue.

Very interested to hear if the sound off is working for people?

Wow all of that was frustrating to read.. Why can't people just be happy there is a good cricket game?

Just letting you guys know I haven't had a crash yet since I started loading up a different game first. And that's playing almost everyday for upto a few hours. So anyone else struggling with issue should give that a crack until a fix comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread