Newer machine:

TheMugs profile & save = no crash
BigAnt profile & save = no crash
Copy of TheMug to BigAnt profile then back to TheMug = no crash

Dev kit:
TheMugs profile & save = no crash
BigAnt profile & save = no crash
Copy of TheMug to BigAnt profile then back to TheMug = no crash

We have done literally hundreds of tests, online, offline, simulate, don't simulate, cloud, no cloud, etc etc

We continue to work on this, at this stage it looks like the dominant factors are a combination of profile and machine.

----------

Please remember that we cannot test on retail, only MS can do that, we are flying quite blind.

I have one of the latest versions of the xbox360 (mid 2013)
I don't get the crash all the time but I still do while playing on career(played about 15 matches without an issue.
I find it hard to believe that it is a hardware issue with the older
Consoles as a friend has a similar issue and his console is also from 2013.
Will try disabling the sound and see if that works.

Certainly would love to see more leg byes, byes and AI no balls in a patch 3. I have ran some but it's too high risk. Even AC09 managed a decent system. @BigAntStudios

Tried the workaround for the Xbox crash mentioned earlier - starting a game and saving after the first ball bowled. It seems to do the job for me.

I had a match in my career game that I couldn't get past as it crashed every time I saved but after saving following the first ball I managed to save ok several times after that. Very odd but it does seem to do the trick.

I'm stuck at a semi final in the P40 against Scotland that is saved halfway through the match. Their innings was completed and I've played mine a few times but it crashes every single time. Any thoughts?

I finally had a career started, three games in. Have just turned on the X-Box, career has gone. Third time this has happened. I feel a bit silly paying 45 quid for my copy. As I can't play careers or tours, I reckon my copy is worth about 15 quid. beyond a joke now. I have been fairly fair, pointing out the good things about the game, trying to help, but its getting very close to the final straw.

Maybe I can lease out my game until the next patch, see if I can get some of that money.

I've never had anything like this before on an XBox.

Any other cricket games coming out soon?!

I have one of the latest versions of the xbox360 (mid 2013)
I don't get the crash all the time but I still do while playing on career(played about 15 matches without an issue.
I find it hard to believe that it is a hardware issue with the older
Consoles
as a friend has a similar issue and his console is also from 2013.
Will try disabling the sound and see if that works.

Given the pages and pages of data saying the exact opposite I find it hard to beleive your lack of belief, especially as there are around 20 other titles also experiencing HDD issues with older boxes only.

Meanwhile, we will continue to try and understand what MS have changed in the Firmware that is effecting old boxes.

Last edited:
This is how it works.

As stated earlier. Your first save of the day when turning the xbox360 on will always crash/freeze. So just shutdown turn xbox360 back on and it will save fine for the rest of the day.

Continue to do this on a daily basis....

Don't play as much since patch as the ground shots get me caught all the time. Pull/cut are impossible to keep down now. ANNOYING :facepalm

Given the pages and pages of data saying the exact opposite I find it hard to beleive your lack of belief, especially as there are around 20 other titles also experiencing HDD issues with older boxes only.

Meanwhile, we will continue to try and understand what MS have changed in the Firmware that is effecting old boxes.

You can doubt him all you want but I too have a circa 2013 machine and I have the save crash problem. So I'm glad you're seeing a pattern and a correlation to older machines. Good for you guys. Hope you fix it. Doesn't change the fact that it is happening for others with 'newer' machines too.

To be honest your reply was kinda snippy and a bit unprofessional. A customer with a problem and you cast doubt on him. Charming.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 PS3

Mode:
Match Type:T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):Varies
Ground:On any ground
Teams:South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
Get Best:
Description of Issue:When bowling I will get a caught behind wicket then the players will gather on the side of the pitch as if they want to congratulate each other. They will stand there and some of the players legs are moving while the are standing on the same spot. The only way to get out of this is to forfeit the match. This happens in every game that I play. It only started to happen after the second patch. I also have frame rate issues after the second patch. They game has become unplayable because of this issue.

A customer with a problem and you cast doubt on him. Charming.

I am an Xbox owner and have this problem also but what you don't seem to grasp is that this is an Xbox firmware issue not a DBC software issue so BigAnt actually need to do nothing.

The fact they are devoting manpower to it is complete a bonus for us. I'd rather Ross be a bit snippy with people calling him out than saying screw you not my problem. Agree?

I am an Xbox owner and have this problem also but what you don't seem to grasp is that this is an Xbox firmware issue not a DBC software issue so BigAnt actually need to do nothing.

The fact they are devoting manpower to it is complete a bonus for us. I'd rather Ross be a bit snippy with people calling him out than saying screw you not my problem. Agree?

No I do

And I think you did a fantastic job of explaining the problem. Much better than Ross did.

What he essentially said was: your problem is unbelievable.

But let's say I'm a guy who knows sweet f all about firmware software, underwear etc etc. And my game doesn't work. I'd want answers from the guys who made the game. Now they could turn around and say 'oh sorry it's microsofts fault not ours' and I wouldn't give a toss. I just want the game I bought to work.

So in summation. And I am truly sorry for my harsh tone but, I don't care what they think the problem is, or who is to blame. Fix it. If they fix it for older systems cool. But in the end I don't care. Fix mine. If they can't fix it I'll expect a refund and they can take up the financial loss with whoever is to blame.

Last edited:

I don't agree. Just because its a forum doesn't mean customer service levels should drop. After all, its BigAnts product that has been bought, and if any of the BA team are on this site, they should be treating their customers (us) with courtesy. It wasn't as if the fella was having a go in the first place.

What bothers me is that what if there are people who don't know about this website and are having the same problems? There is no mention of this problem on the official website.

and there is no need to be "snippy" to the customers who are having the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread