Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case this hasn't been fixed for patch #2

Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 56.1 (6.1 overs into our innings)
Ground: cant remember
Teams: Surrey vs Middlesex
Get Best: yes -
Description of Issue: Inside edge passed directly through the batsman's thigh to be caught by the wicket keeper. I questioned the decision because I couldn't work out _any_ way that the ball could have got through to him - and it's clear as day in the review video, my batsman has pass through testicles :(

There is defnitly a bit of an allowance for balls to be able to pass through the legs in certain instances . Whether this is by design or by glitch we will not know until BA mentions something about it.

----------

Mode: Online
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 8th over of second innings
Ground: West Oval
Teams: South Africa vs some custom team
Description of Issue: I hit a ball to Mid On , ran through for a single and next thing I`m out and the "Bad Luck Mate" info bar is shown at the top of the page meaning I somehow played the ball on. Me and the opponent was on Whatsapp , and I enquired from him what did he see from his side , and he also just saw ball being hit to mid on .

I`m on Wifi , then 4MB ADSL from router.

Match Type: P40
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 60.3 (10.3 overs into our innings)
Teams: Surrey vs Glamorgan
Get Best: No (I have manually downloaded teams)
Description of Issue: given out off a ball there was no way I was even close to hitting. I reviewed, snicko showed a sound - but as you can see from the videos below, I wasn't anywhere near it.

Interactive replay:

Review system (I only recorded part of it, because I was fully expecting the decision to be overturned)

Last edited by a moderator:
Match Type: All, most recently FCC
Over Count: Any
Ground: All
Teams: Any
Get Best: yes and no.

Issue Description: something I've noticed recently is that the colour of where the bowler is aiming often bears no relation to where the ball pitches.

I just got caught behind playing a front foot defensive shot. The ball was green, but it got up around chest height.

When I check Big Pitch for that bowler vs my batsman, the white dot is maybe a metre in front of 8m - so about 9m away from the stumps. Is this WAD?

mode type : career
match type : 4 days

its a minimal issue and i dont know if any one has posted it before , its nothing to do with the gameplay

but in one of the match when the weather is being shown , it was recored 120% humidity for afternoon and 130% humidity for evening

where as for morning it was 40%

and no before anyone says i wasnt drunk/high , it was really showing 120% as humidity

now i dont have much knowledge about climate but i am sure 120% humidity is not possible. :P

Match Type: 50 Over
Over Count: 6.1
Ground: Don't remember
Teams: Surrey vs Derbyshire
Get Best: no (manually downloaded teams)

Issue Description: I just don't even know. Playing the appropriate shot (back foot defense) to a straight but short medium paced ball.

Apparently I bought the bat with the hole in the middle, because the ball seems to pass through the bat, and I'm bowled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it takes a deflection rather than clean bowled, obviously a bug.

Looks like it takes a deflection rather than clean bowled, obviously a bug.

Yeah, it does look like it changes direction after passing through the bat. When it happened in real time, I thought I must've been _really_ late and deflected it down and backwards.

But the change in direction looks like a thin edge, rather than off the full face of the bat.

(Can I fanboi it up again, and say it's still the best computer representation of cricket I've ever played - and that I've played no other game since I got it? That's why the issues like this grate so roughly ...)

Yeah, it does look like it changes direction after passing through the bat. When it happened in real time, I thought I must've been _really_ late and deflected it down and backwards.

But the change in direction looks like a thin edge, rather than off the full face of the bat.

(Can I fanboi it up again, and say it's still the best computer representation of cricket I've ever played - and that I've played no other game since I got it? That's why the issues like this grate so roughly ...)

We're looking at it - I have to think it's passed through some of the bat and then touched the back of the bat producing an reverse-edge downwards.

It's generally an issue of the bat speed + the ball speed being such that they don't connect at all on frame (or field) and so somehow the physics doesn't detect a collision. It could also be that the initial collision detection code has indicated a collision at the wrong position on the bat (a bug).

Just in case this hasn't been fixed for patch #2

Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 56.1 (6.1 overs into our innings)
Teams: Surrey vs Middlesex
Description of Issue: Inside edge passed directly through the batsman's thigh to be caught by the wicket keeper. I questioned the decision because I couldn't work out _any_ way that the ball could have got through to him - and it's clear as day in the review video, my batsman has pass through testicles :(

I have got the same issue once. I uploded a video as well

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2747969-post72.html

Really minor things that I haven't seen mentioned that I can remember...

In 4 day / First Class games sometimes an info box pops up along the lines of 'Team A are xxx from xx overs, Team B were xxx from xx overs'. Fine in a one day game but seems bit irrelevant for the longer format.

Also, time at the crease only seems to get a mention in one day games where I think it's probably of more interest in 4 day / First Class matches. Only ever seen time mentioned when a batsman reaches a milestone - in the info box that pops up - but time only appears in the one for one day games. Ideally it'd be good to have time at the crease recorded / visible for all matches I guess.

Match Type: All, most recently FCC
Over Count: Any
Ground: All
Teams: Any
Get Best: yes and no.

Issue Description: something I've noticed recently is that the colour of where the bowler is aiming often bears no relation to where the ball pitches.

I just got caught behind playing a front foot defensive shot. The ball was green, but it got up around chest height.

When I check Big Pitch for that bowler vs my batsman, the white dot is maybe a metre in front of 8m - so about 9m away from the stumps. Is this WAD?

I`ve also reported about this in previous posts . Really hope it will be rectified . In my instance it was also coupled to the deadly longhop from AB de Villiers . Got me out each and every time ....

Match Type: four day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2nd innings
Ground:
Teams: Victoria vs Tasmania
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: First ball duck in in my second innings after scoring runs in first innings. Commentator says that's a pair

Ground:
Description of Issue: First ball duck in in my second innings after scoring runs in first innings. Commentator says that's a pair

I think he sees something else...;):lol

Ground:

I turned them off, because they stopped being funny.

There's only so many times I can hear the colour guy say "The Bowler? Well, he's very quick and should trouble the batsman for pure pace, if he can get his line and length right" when the guy coming up is a medium pacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread