Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No attack on BA or theMug? Inferring they are lying? I would certainly take that as an attack if it were aimed at me.
We all feel for the xbox owners experiencing troubles but you are not doing yourself or any others any good with the way you've been carrying on. And just trying to get a voice heard? Your incessant whinging is all that is being heard, perhaps change your tact a little and you will receive less "vitriole".

100% correct, that's exactly what it's about.

Fortunately the more he speaks the more an idiot he looks so it's less of a slight it is as time goes on......but it was all worth it in the end because douche1 learned that Melbourne is a big place and we all learned that if you ever are in a position where you have backed yourself into a corner and need to apologise just say these words instead "almighty tweak Off. Melbourne's a big city".

Anyway, we will continue to work on the imaginary files that were copied from TheMug's imaginary Xbox and hopefully we will be able to decipher what it is that this particular hardware is writing to that particular hard drive.

----------

As an aside, I should add that the likely way we will fix this is by not stopping the file being incorrectly written as we can't do that given it is certainly a hardware/firmware fault.

The fix will be that we identify the incorrect data that is written and have the game reconstruct what the data should be, ignoring the "bad writes".

At risk of being nit-picky ....No I mean tact... - Ones diplomacy or skill in dealing with others.
In your case both tack and tact would be equally as accurate

Geez it's a bit too early for both Geography and English lessons for our Douchie1, he needs to learn to crawl before he walks.

Anyway, better tactfully move on, I've got some imaginary files to look at.

On a different note - every time a wicket is taken on my game, the initial display (of batsman score etc.) reads c&b as the mode of dismissal.

On the scorecard, it shows up with the correct dismissal.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

yup i have this problem. :noway i think in career mode only :facepalm

This has been reported before. Its a known thing and they are looking on this

I've found the same problem with the save & exit function after the match. I'm on an old xbox.

I've tried this and so far works for me

When the match has ended and saved ok I came out of career mode then reloaded the career from continue, played another match and it saved fine. Will need to do it a few more times, but I've not got it to crash yet

After 300 overs i got a crash saving to USB. Happened at the change of innings when i saved. Competition mode.
Luckily got my graphics card fixed and playing on the PC version now. Well done to the guy that drove across melbourne to help and good luck finding a fix

Mode: Casual
Match Type: Twenty20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): First innings 0.5 balls in
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Australia vs England
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Went for a quick single and was ran out. It was tight but looking at the replays I just had a smidgen of my bat over the line.

I took a picture just before the bails were taken off the using interactive replay.

qM9gT.jpg

It's a bit quick to start the capitalisation and !'s, there are plenty of theories in the past few pages that have later drawn blanks. Internally at Big Ant we have chased down hundreds of dead ends looking at this issue.

We cannot afford to jump conclusions like this based on limited data. It could be a different issue related to his machine, his save files, even a person's controller battery malfunction has been known to crash boxes in the past. Indeed we could fix his problem and have it not fix yours.

One thing we know for sure from the developer only forums is that there are at least 20 games facing very similar issues with older Xbox's.

Just wanted to say, that I have tried different controllers with different batteries and still had the same save game issue. So maybe a theory you can discount.

----------

yup i have this problem. :noway i think in career mode only :facepalm

yep, only in career mode though.

----------

After 300 overs i got a crash saving to USB. Happened at the change of innings when i saved. Competition mode.
Luckily got my graphics card fixed and playing on the PC version now. Well done to the guy that drove across melbourne to help and good luck finding a fix

Glad you can start playing again. Wish I could :noway

I might have found a temporary solution.

I have found that just having one saved game seems to result in no crashes. I have tested this all afternoon and it seems to working. I had one save and no crashes, then for testing purposes I started another save and the crashing returned. I went back to just one saved game and the crashing stopped.

Thanks. I'm just about desperate enough to try this.

Of the people crashing, how full are your HDD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread