Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@RIZZYX

I completely agree with all your points. Ive also been the victim of the Slow Ball Bouncer trick by the medium pacer. Though I eventually figured a shot out and belted it , took me an over or two . But it looks totally unrealistic , as the ball is just never reaching you.

Can you let us know which shot needs to be played to tackle slow medium pacers? I really struggle against slower medium pacers.

----------

Mode:career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):an
Ground:na
Teams both
Get Best:
Description of Issue:

No preset fields. All fielders are close catching for 20 overs. Joke.

Did you create a career before the patch and resumed it after applyng it? Coz I faced the same issue when I resumed playing a game I had saved prior to applying the patch. For me it wasn't a biggie as I deleted the game and games saved after the patch worked just fine.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you let us know which shot needs to be played to tackle slow medium pacers? I really struggle against slower medium pacers.

Wait until the very last minute to play the medium pacers. I also struggled at first but then realized they are probably the easiest to play. You genuinely can play every ball on merit and never premeditate. All you have to do is watch and wait right til the very last.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Wait until the very last minute to play the medium pacers. I also struggled at first but then realized they are probably the easiest to play. You genuinely can play every ball on merit and never premeditate. All you have to do is watch and wait right til the very last.

I struggle against medium pacers when their pace drops down to 80s & 90s. Either I mistime the shot or end up missing the delivery. That's why wanted to find out the shot @Acid Burn uses against slow medium pacers.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On online mode; my best bowler is Ravi Bopara because no one can hit whatever shit I'm bowling because its too slow. On the occasion that I bowl a good ball: then its actually easier!

This is a little pedantic, but the skills for left arm spinners seem odd. My career player is a left arm chinaman; but the game seems to see his stock ball as a "goggly" and his wrong'un as an "off spinner", and the commentators talk about my balls being "good off spinners". Its cosmetic, but might be worth fixing just because it could be a little confusing on initial setup...

mbgrice

Club Cricketer
I have a soft spot for the slow bouncer. My first career wicket was an accidental slow bouncer when I still figuring out the controls and I manage to clean bowl the batsmen.

graham

Club Captain
Mode:career career
Match Type: English county
Over Count 4th inning 45 overs roughly
Ground:na
Teams Lancashire
Get Best:
Description of Issue:
4th inning chase ended 181 for 3 at end of game and the opposition was awarded the match when it was a draw :facepalm

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@cricket_online

You just need to wait ages for the Ball , before hitting it. And if on the backfoot whilst playing the shot , some easy big hits can be achieved. Its just all in the waiting and waiting of the shot , and this is why I say its actually a bit unrealistic in my opinion.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There should be attributes of quicker and flatter trajectory for the spinners in the ca. Or is it already there?

ameya29

Club Cricketer
advance shot R2, with little pressure should go for single..
otherwise theres no other way to just take a single..coz if you time it good it goes fast and its either four or single..

there should be something , just meant for a single..

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another minor display thing is that for the proper score format (Runs/Wickets); the bowlers stats should be displayed as wickets-runs, not runs-wickets. For example: England would be 200/8 but Mitchell Johnson would be 4/19. Its very small and very minor and probably a low-priority thing, but it'd be nice to see it fixed provided it wasn't at the expense of more important gameplay issues otherwise reported.

Randomsky

School Cricketer
Mode: Career
Over Count: n/a
Ground: any
Teams: any
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Rain interrupted game says match reduced to 12 overs, however simulated innings lasts 16 overs - has happened twice that I can recall.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@cricket_online

You just need to wait ages for the Ball , before hitting it. And if on the backfoot whilst playing the shot , some easy big hits can be achieved. Its just all in the waiting and waiting of the shot , and this is why I say its actually a bit unrealistic in my opinion.

That's what gets me against slow medium pacers bowling in 80s or 90s. Occasionally even after waiting ages to hit the ball, I play the shot too early and sad part is I get bowled or LBW to pretty short deliveries as you can see in the replay the ball is dipping on its way down when it hits you or the stumps.

Randomsky

School Cricketer
Anomaly - Playing a leg glance down the throat of deep fine leg - I have never seen this happen in all my experience of watching and playing cricket! haha

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Mode: Competition
Over Count: 17.5
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Lancashire/Yorkshire

Ok - so I go for a quick single - it's tight, the fielders are rather good (etc...).

Batsman dives and barely gets over the line with his outstretched bat - but he gets there with about a foot of the bat over. The keeper gathers the ball and as he does that the batsman stands up - OUT of his crease. He then slowly paces forward to get into the crease, in which time the keeper whips the bails off and runs him out.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Mode: Competition
Over Count: 17.5
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Lancashire/Yorkshire

Ok - so I go for a quick single - it's tight, the fielders are rather good (etc...).

Batsman dives and barely gets over the line with his outstretched bat - but he gets there with about a foot of the bat over. The keeper gathers the ball and as he does that the batsman stands up - OUT of his crease. He then slowly paces forward to get into the crease, in which time the keeper whips the bails off and runs him out.

Patch#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread