Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bug. Third day of Surrey vs Yorkshire at Melbourne, Career mode.
(will just provide context for more info for BigAnt):

Surrey 154 ao, Yorkshire 114ao, Surrey 418ao, Yorkshire go into lunch at Day 3 at 32/2 in 11 overs.

They come out after lunch, score is 0/0.. in 12.5 overs?! Where'd the runs and wickets go and how were those 11 extra balls bowled? Target needed is back to the original 450+ score.

No clue what's wrong.

WOW! looks like system date is also coded.:rolleyes Game tried to give you Apr 1st prank as well. :D

So correct me if I'm wrong but the only real issues identified to date are:

1) Issue with the way players are linked and normalised in career mode (both of which @Ross has agreed to fix)

2) AI appears to bowl too straight (although mostly based on limited overs matches where bowling straighter is expected)

3) Running/grounding the bat

Have I missed anything?

If I could add a couple of things I've noticed:

A) position of keeper/slip seems too deep with the ball often being taken on the bounce or around the ankles (maybe the keeper doesn't adjust position to allow for slower pitches?)

B) Camera angle when batting after playing the stroke seems too centred on the batsman making the running between wickets hard to judge. It also seems inconsistent as can be seen comparing 3:40 and 4:20 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUZlOYzPOY&list=UUOuTKgRsrb_O9Uae0MPqaIA (for the record I prefer the latter approach but it seems to be the only time it happens in the video)

C) A personal gripe but AI seems to love leading off with a silly mid off to the opening bowler rather than a short leg; just seems a little off...

Last edited:
Camera angle when batting after playing the stroke seems too centred on the batsman making the running between wickets hard to judge.
Which is seemingly why you have a choice of 'Running Camera' in the pause menu.

Which is seemingly why you have a choice of 'Running Camera' in the pause menu.

Good point - hopefully this will overcome the anomaly where the camera doesn't move quickly enough after a miss/edge to see the ball go into the hands of the keeper/slip

Just to make things easier to identify for us, I'd like to recommend people use a template in posting their issues or anomalies.

Mode:
Match Type:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams:
Get Best:
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10):
Description of Issue:

This will help us quickly attempt to identify anything you deem to be needing a look at and potentially fix if it's deemed to be an issue, bug, anomaly or otherwise.

Any more information that you can add only helps us find it quicker.

Last edited:
This info should be in the first post on this thread.

I suppose its best to create a separate AI for the non striker/striker batsman in career mode just for running between the wickets wherein he tries to reach the crease no matter what (except obv last ball/number 10 sacrificing for a higher order batsman in the last over) if the ball is within a few metres from the stumps.

I remember Ross telling us that the AI will deny a single if it thinks the player might get out. So sliding in or diving by itself should be a mere add on to that AI I suppose?

Just in case this is the better thread to post this, I'd like some opinions on my proposed workaround to the current career mode linking issue:

For Australia and England, are you able to make custom team lists but in them just place the Australian and English teams from CA? Those should have the CA-made attributes. You'd basically be doing just what you would do for the Indian and Pakistani domestic teams, which aren't in the career by default.

If someone with the game could test that it'd be brilliant! You'd need to test that:

a) the attributes are from CA, not the disk, which is what everyone wants
b) there are no wicketkeepers bowling and stuff like that

So correct me if I'm wrong but the only real issues identified to date are:

1) Issue with the way players are linked and normalised in career mode (both of which @Ross has agreed to fix)

2) AI appears to bowl too straight (although mostly based on limited overs matches where bowling straighter is expected)

3) Running/grounding the bat

Have I missed anything?

If I could add a couple of things I've noticed:

A) position of keeper/slip seems too deep with the ball often being taken on the bounce or around the ankles (maybe the keeper doesn't adjust position to allow for slower pitches?)

B) Camera angle when batting after playing the stroke seems too centred on the batsman making the running between wickets hard to judge. It also seems inconsistent as can be seen comparing 3:40 and 4:20 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUZlOYzPOY&list=UUOuTKgRsrb_O9Uae0MPqaIA (for the record I prefer the latter approach but it seems to be the only time it happens in the video)

C) A personal gripe but AI seems to love leading off with a silly mid off to the opening bowler rather than a short leg; just seems a little off...

To add few observations from the videos and going through the forum.
i) Too many reverse sweeps.
ii) Too many direct hits even from deep outfields

However these are not my views and I am keeping my opnion reserved until I play the game.

may have already been raised, but issue number 1 for me is the ridiculous fields the AI is setting. look here - they've got the opponents on their second innings, 3 wickets down and 236 runs behind, and no slips and the only catchers are a short-mid off and a gully... that would just straight up ruin any immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:
may have already been raised, but issue number 1 for me is the ridiculous fields the AI is setting. look here - they've got the opponents on their second innings, 3 wickets down and 236 runs behind, and no slips and the only catchers are a short-mid off and a gully... that would just straight up ruin any immersion.

Maybe the AI is just too cautious. This could be fixed by making the moderate fields more attacking and some of the defensive fields more moderate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread