Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a couple of close calls on run outs or stumpings that haven't gone to the third umpire. Normally they check everything.

Whilst I'm here, as I'm not sure where this goes, I think that they should show Big Eyes more on close LBW's. It seems it's only shown for reviews at the moment (could be because the user skips the replays?). Same for caught behind, or in the slips, replays being infrequent. Could someone who has the game confirm if this is the case?

Last edited:
There have been a couple of close calls on run outs or stumpings that haven't gone to the third umpire. Normally they check everything.

Whilst I'm here, as I'm not sure where this goes, I think that they should show Big Eyes more on close LBW's. It seems it's only shown for reviews at the moment (could be because the user skips the replays?). Same for caught behind, or in the slips, replays being infrequent (could someone who has the game confirm if this is the case).

yeah i seen that too also on the bowled... goes to a replay of the ball hitting the stumps side on... id like to see it from behind the bowler...

Great ideas guys but make them for the next game as there will be enough to fix in the first patch.

Fielders seem to act a bit weird sometimes. Kinda strange how the bowler and fielder run backwards to collect the ball instead of catching it straight away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the camera jiggles when the stumps are hit :thumbs ...didn't see anything terribly bad in that video though.

----------

Well it would be nice if the game did notice the date - especially on Boxing Day

Missed by 99% of people. Perfect.

...also, I hear on scoreboards the game just says "Early September" on month 9 of career mode.

Just to make things easier to identify for us, I'd like to recommend people use a template in posting their issues or anomalies.

Mode:
Match Type:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams:
Get Best:
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10):
Description of Issue:

This will help us quickly attempt to identify anything you deem to be needing a look at and potentially fix if it's deemed to be an issue, bug, anomaly or otherwise.

Any more information that you can add only helps us find it quicker.

....quoting again.

Mode:Casual
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 14th over
Ground:I think Colombo (not sure)
Teams: India, Sri lanka
Description of Issue: the bowler delivered the ball and I blocked, the bowler than ran towards the ball and in his speed ran behind me(the bowler was in front of the stumps with me behind him), being behind me somehow he was able to push my player out of the crease he basically just hit the stumps and ran me out?????

Issue#2: Mode:Career
Match Type:odi
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):the other teams turn(2nd innings) around 37th over
Ground: not sure
Teams: the Tasmanian one and the other one is sa(Australian squads in career mode)
Description of Issue: basically I was bowling with my career youngster, I bowled a good length ball and it hit the batsman right on his thigh(the area above the pads) however his thugs were right in front the stumps, thus I appealed for bars(after the umpire said no) the replay just showed me where the ball hit and cut to the umpire saying not out again??? Hotspot wasn't used, this has occurred several times during 4 dayers with my pro too. Does the umpire only take in account the pads as lbw?

Last edited:
First one is a little funny but yes sounds like two new bugs(small)

Career mode selection issues: I'm a batting all-rounder(fast bowling), the Ai selection was perfect at the start of the career until I was picked for the Aussie t20 by a team, I started a game there with my bowling which was great but wasn't selected in 4 matches for bowling(2 of them were rain inflicted) and in 2 of them I wasn't able to bat because Ai decided instead of slogging the final overs to try to win the match they were blocking anyways we won 1 game in the whole tourny, returned to play for the regular 4-day squad where I'm hardly being picked for bowling and when I am being picked I'm 8th or the 9th bowler I mean I have a great record of wicket taking infact im 9th in the stats for most wickets, 3rd for the best economy etc...
Also fielding choices aren't set they change everytime I come in for a new over, shouldn't it be fixed as my choice for the rest of the game?

It is up to the captain to set the field. You need to bowl to it.

no, not only career mode, even normal matches that I play they keep changing which is a bit annoying cause I manually set the field.

Manually re-setting the field for your custom fielding setting every game would get incredibly tiresome. Maybe it's being looked at in the patch coming at some time?

Butu you can create and save custom fields can't you; so just do that in the main menus and you can just select your pre-saved custom field in-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread