Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the AI is just too cautious. This could be fixed by making the moderate fields more attacking and some of the defensive fields more moderate.

and here fist ball of the game, a single slip and a silly mid-off.

stuff like that should not be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
and here fist ball of the game, a single slip and a silly mid-off.

stuff like that should not be wrong

I agree that the AI definitely needs polish in some areas. For the field placements it only picks from a pre-determined set, and you can edit that set. Perhaps it's possible to fix this?

I would love to see different captains like say Cook vs Clarke in the next game but for this game. The AI should start attacking at the start and move fielders back when the score goes up with no wickets or say one or two down. There should be a huge difference between say 1/100 to say 4/30.:spy PS Test matches or oneday cricket i am talking more here.

I agree that the AI definitely needs polish in some areas. For the field placements it only picks from a pre-determined set, and you can edit that set. Perhaps it's possible to fix this?

just to get something basic so wrong has to give you concerns about the AI in general?

and the commentary, seriously a 16 year old getting out for zero on debut "is massive, such a huge scalp"...???

they have got so much right, but what's frustrating is the bad stuff seems to be the basics.

----------

I would love to see different captains like say Cook vs Clarke in the next game but for this game. The AI should start attacking at the start and move fielders back when the score goes up with no wickets or say one or two down. There should be a huge difference between say 1/100 to say 4/30.:spy PS Test matches or oneday cricket i am talking more here.

and again, 0-0 2nd innings when the AI is up by 200 you should see a very different field to 0-0 2nd innings and the AI down by 200

just to get something basic so wrong has to give you concerns about the AI in general?

and the commentary, seriously a 16 year old getting out for zero on debut "is massive, such a huge scalp"...???

they have got so much right, but what's frustrating is the bad stuff seems to be the basics.

Bigant will fix it so i am not to worried blocker, we all new this would happen as it is there first cricket game.

----------

and again, 0-0 2nd innings when the AI is up by 200 you should see a very different field to 0-0 2nd innings and the AI down by 200

Honestly, I think the commentary will just be like in most games, where for a given action they have 10 or so possible lines. Sometimes they will be relevant, e.g. if Tendulkar just got out, but sometimes they won't be. I don't think that's an AI issue, at least in terms of gameplay.

Ultimately, even if some of the aspects are a bit off (field placement, bowling too straight, reverse sweeps) I'll still be happy if the game produces realistic scores and run rates.

Yes Blocker you are right, this area no game has got right. In IC2010 the field was to attacking as they never set the fielders out, in tests i mean. :spy

one other thing, not a gameplay thing at all but just a "nice to have" if you "simulate to career player" when batting, it shouldn't start with you at the crease already it should show you walking in.

may have already been raised, but issue number 1 for me is the ridiculous fields the AI is setting. look here - they've got the opponents on their second innings, 3 wickets down and 236 runs behind, and no slips and the only catchers are a short-mid off and a gully... that would just straight up ruin any immersion.

What are you talking about? That's exactly how Alastair Cook sets his fields...

one other thing, not a gameplay thing at all but just a "nice to have" if you "simulate to career player" when batting, it shouldn't start with you at the crease already it should show you walking in.

Yes i saw that. Still that is not a biggy.

I was watching the Ind Vs SA test kit video. And at around 10.30 mark you can see the non striker reaching back to his crease asap after backing up for a run when he sees the batsman has hit the ball in the V. So its not like the batsmen dont know to ground the bat but it doesn't see to happen when they start running. Also would recommend a closer V region, cause hitting the ball in the covers isn't dangerous but only straight.

Also the bowler whipping the bails every ball is really annoying. PLEASE look into it BigAnt.

Honestly, I think the commentary will just be like in most games, where for a given action they have 10 or so possible lines. Sometimes they will be relevant, e.g. if Tendulkar just got out, but sometimes they won't be. I don't think that's an AI issue, at least in terms of gameplay.

Ultimately, even if some of the aspects are a bit off (field placement, bowling too straight, reverse sweeps) I'll still be happy if the game produces realistic scores and run rates.

oh no i meant commentary very distinct to AI... just well i have seen 2 or 3 career player videos, and it has said that almost every time the career player has got out - he's 16 and hasn't scored a run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread