Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bug but the commentary files played are wrong sometimes. Played a domestic one day, all out for 167, bowled out the opposition for 166... commentary goes

"Caught! And that's the last wicket to fall. We now look forward to the innings reply."

:noway

umm. Finally got a chance to play...anyone else experience the bug I have... Half the letters are missing from scorecards, scoreboard, menu, my name etc...just weird symbols where letters F, H, E and others are supposed to be? Phone typing now so can't go into too much detail cause battery about dead. Just checking if this is a reported bug already?

Yes just restart your console and all is fine.

What difficulty level are you guys playing on to get the AI bowling on your pads and/or down leg side, because I've not experienced that at all. I've been playing on Pro/Amatuer and not experienced this at all.

Weird.

What difficulty level are you guys playing on to get the AI bowling on your pads and/or down leg side, because I've not experienced that at all. I've been playing on Pro/Amatuer and not experienced this at all.

Weird.

Same for me on Pro AI balls straightish line but not always. But also hardly ever balls really outside off or balls that can be cut or played with room on the off side.

Does the career mode roster bug affect your created player too? In my first year as a 16 year old in the County season I'm the 5th highest wicket taker of the season, with 25 wickets in 5 matches, averaging something like 7.50.. the leader has 31 wickets in 6 matches. The catch is, however, that in probably 2 or 3 of those completed matches I've probably bowled around 5 or 6 overs in total. I'm a #8 , bowling allrounder, fast, yet often the captain bowls me in like the 50th or 60th over of the innings and sometimes even never (although I'm mainly an opening bowler or first change at worst).

Mike what is your opinion on edges to slips, is this fine in the game or is it the AI bowling patterns ?

----------

Like i said above the defense shot is fine, i would like to see more edges to third man area but like i said to mike maybe its the AI line and length that's the problem, Snowy what's your opinion here ?

I've seen plenty of slip edges, both fast and spin bowlers - I think we've even had people on here post about edges.

I've edged it to the keeper plenty. Got a beauty bowled to me by Agar and clipped the edge when I pushed forward. Because I'm reasonably shit in career mode atm it's my most common dismissal. Edged and out, or caught and out.

Same for me on Pro AI balls straightish line but not always. But also hardly ever balls really outside off or balls that can be cut or played with room on the off side.

I've been cutting plenty, but they're always a fraction tight to cut...

Certainly experiencing nothing like this "always bowling down leg" or "on the pads" stuff that was initially reported...

Also, everytime my bowler gets 4 wickets (even if I've picked them up in like 4 or 5 overs), my captain takes me off the attack... no clue what he has against me, haha. Hence the reason why I have an unbelievable bowling average of 7-ish with no 5'fors. Is that something with the AI, too?

----------

Yup, just happened again. Bowled a good spell, got 4 wickets in around 4 overs.. was dreading the captain was going to take me off the attack. Luckily I got my 5th wicket in the same over. Spell was like 5-1-4-5.. captain takes me off immediately. No clue why this happens everytime?

----------

Surrey vs Warwickshire, my bowler got 2 wickets in the last 2 balls of his over and a wicket in the first ball of his next over, the hat-trick was not acknowledged :(

----------

And (not sure if this is a bug, but maybe?) I've often run out non-striker batsmen because a batsman has driven the ball straight back to me and I've been tapping O on my controller and my bowler has flicked the ball back onto the stumps with the non-striker still halfway through his 'getting back to the crease' motion (the natural one that happens a second or two after it's bowled, not the one you can force while pressing O when batting).

Weird.

Sometimes the AI bowls good line and length but then its 2 full and 2 good and 2 short. I would love to see them bowl to the slips outside off to 3 slips trying to get that edge or if there is no slips because i'm on 85 not out and finding it easy so the field is more balanced.

I would love to know how many fields the AI have right now to a fast bowler as the number is a little low.

I also understand this will take time and a lot of effort to get right, maybe they could just release a patch in the future to a select few first like yourself or Barmy/Matt and Dutch or Ross number one Blocker.:p

----------

I've seen plenty of slip edges, both fast and spin bowlers - I think we've even had people on here post about edges.

How about edges going for runs, so far i have had 2 one run of a fast and the other of a spinner. Go you think the speed of edges or of the pads needs a tweak as LB are rare.:spy

PS The no balls are perfect mike, also do the AI bowl more no balls if tired as i don't last past 29 overs in a test match yet.

Is there a way to save custom field settings. It is really annoy to set the field every-time with new bowler and new batsman coming and facing.

I seriously think Graeme Smith (my skipper at Surrey) hates me, lol.

Warwickshire 100ao, Surrey 353/9dec, Warwicks 153ao. Surrey win by an innings + 100 runs.

My match figures: 9 for 28. Graeme Smith's match figures: 8 for 97.

Man of the Match.. Graeme Smith. Couldn't have been his batting either because he got out for a cheap score during our innings.

Why :( :( missing out on LOTS of XP points here for my player because Smith is taking me off everytime I get 4 wickets and often just not bowling me at all.

I seriously think Graeme Smith (my skipper at Surrey) hates me, lol.

Warwickshire 100ao, Surrey 353/9dec, Warwicks 153ao. Surrey win by an innings + 100 runs.

My match figures: 9 for 28. Graeme Smith's match figures: 8 for 97.

Man of the Match.. Graeme Smith. Couldn't have been his batting either because he got out for a cheap score during our innings.

Why :( :( missing out on LOTS of XP points here for my player because Smith is taking me off everytime I get 4 wickets and often just not bowling me at all.

Graeme Smith shouldn't be bowling that much. There is an issue with career mode that is being fixed.

Graeme Smith shouldn't be bowling that much. There is an issue with career mode that is being fixed.

Does this mean, it is not actually Greame smith but a bowler who greame smith has replaced? :spy

Yeah, I'm already aware of that. My problem isn't that Smith is bowling, it's more that he's not bowling ME though my role in the team is a pacer/bowling allrounder who's averaging like 6 this season. He often doesn't bowl me in innings or bowls me in the 40/50th over.. and even after that I'm second on the wickets leaderboard for the County season.

Also something to do with the AI because I'm being taken off the attack just randomly everytime I get 4 wickets.. be it in my 4th over or in my 9th over, I'm just being taken off. The one time I got 5 wickets was when I got my 4th and the 5-for in the same over.

Also, the MoTM thing.. 9 for 28 vs 8 for 97 or something, clear who the MOTM should be in that case.

What is everyone's opinion on the wicket keeper catching almost everything(Not as bad as IC2010) and the bowler dropping to many. I would love to see the wicket keeper get hit by the ball the close in fielders and have a chance to catch it of a rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread