Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys any help with saving custom field setting ??? and not to do it again and again for every bowler and every batsman ???
Use the field editor in the Don Bradman Academy and make the custom fields and save them. Doesn't appear to be an in game save preset option.

Use the field editor in the Don Bradman Academy and make the custom fields and save them. Doesn't appear to be an in game save preset option.

Thanks mate.

How come every bowler in career mode ends up being a medium pacer?

1. Maybe everybody wants to have a batting all-rounder who bats at #4 and bowls fast-medium.

2. Maybe the poor 16-year old bast*rd doesn't have that much pace in him.

1. Maybe everybody wants to have a batting all-rounder who bats at #4 and bowls fast-medium.

2. Maybe the poor 16-year old bast*rd doesn't have that much pace in him.

I'm talking about the bowlers I face on other teams, they all bowl low 100s

I haven't faced any 145+ bowler so far in my limited career, but I don't recall every pacer to bowl in 100s. I think the average speed was somewhere around 125-135. I'm playing in the Australian domestic circuit for Victoria.

Your case may be affected by the teams you have downloaded from the Cricket Academy. I am playing with the default teams that came with the disk (because of the career mode issue that will be fixed in the 1st patch or so).

Some other guys (who were more active in CA, and are now ahead of me in career mode) will be in a better position to tell you though.

In the cutscene where you win the game.... and the players come rushing up to the winning captain to congratulate him... I put Graeme Smith (my skipper) at the deep midwicket boundary and the winning cutscene showed all the players right in front of the boundary ropes coming up to Smith to celebrate with him, could see all the crowd etc up close ;)

@mikeymerren here's a variation on that weird Run-Out Glitch that @MattW had earlier, except this one it looks as if he doesn't even hit the stumps, the bails just "fall off" when his leg is touching it, but I was INSIDE the crease when it happened, if you have a look... it was still given out.

Mode: "Quick Play" (I keep forgetting what it's called)
Match Type: 4 Day Test Match (barely went two, I suck)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): About the 8th or 9th over
Ground: MCG (where else?!)
Teams: PlanetCricket vs. BigAntStudios
Get Best: Yes
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): This is about the 7th or 8th similar occurrence, but none quite like this weird one.
Description of Issue: See Video, given "Out"

Last edited by a moderator:
...what that guy said.

Haven't got the game yet and most of these bugs seem pretty minor, which is good. But the one that could be huge for me is a couple of people seem to think the defensive shot is just as risky as an attacking shot. Is there anyone who has played the game long enough to confirm or deny this. If it was true it would be close to a gamebreaker for me.

One thing I am looking forward to is trying to defend my wicket at all costs lower down the order Matthew Hoggard style.

@mikeymerren here's a variation on that weird Run-Out Glitch that @MattW had earlier, except this one it looks as if he doesn't even hit the stumps, the bails just "fall off" when his leg is touching it, but I was INSIDE the crease when it happened, if you have a look... it was still given out.

Mode: "Quick Play" (I keep forgetting what it's called)
Match Type: 4 Day Test Match (barely went two, I suck)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): About the 8th or 9th over
Ground: MCG (where else?!)
Teams: PlanetCricket vs. BigAntStudios
Reproducible (Yes/No/How Many times out of 3/5/10): This is about the 7th or 8th similar occurrence, but none quite like this weird one.
Description of Issue: See Video, given "Out"

ok, looks like we are allowing the dive too soon. the animation should be that as you get up the bat is always in the crease until your front foot hits the crease.

Last edited by a moderator:
couple of people seem to think the defensive shot is just as risky as an attacking shot. Is there anyone who has played the game long enough to confirm or deny this. If it was true it would be close to a gamebreaker for me.

Depends on what you define as "risky". Every shot in the game carries an element of risk to it. It's risky in the sense if you're going to park yourself at one end and block the spinner, because he'll just start turning it away from you and it'll eventually take the edge, you wont read the line correctly and you're gone.

It's about pacing your innings and keeping the strike turning over in career mode. In the arcade games, you can do whatever you like because you're playing as the whole team, but patience is a HUGE part of the career mode. I'm finding it incredibly rewarding but incredibly tough, which is a good thing.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): around the 10th and 16th overs
Ground: not sure
Teams: England vs Australia (user)
Description of Issue: playing against a pro cpu on england vs aus tour in england 1st test, bowling first innings i bowled a couple good outties to a left hander followed by an inswinger which clipped the inside edge of the bat, i appealled and it was given not out, i challenge, the replays only showed a check for a front foot no ball and a single slow mo replay of the ball, no hotspots, or snicko just a single slow mo replay, then the umpire still gives it not out, and twice upon using the replay it shows the ball hitting the inside edge.

also ive noticed that when running if you cancel a run just after leaving the crease to run if cancelled the batsmen will turn and not slide his bat?

Attachments

• 20140404_182859.jpg
    20140404_182859.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Continuing my career and there is variation to the bowling now. There is not as much deliveries that I can flick down to fine leg now. It seems a bit straighter and I even had Peter Forrest (not sure why he was bowling) bowl an over of shirt pitch stuff to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread