Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MattW there is a possibility that the way you're bowling is flicking the stick down then up straight away. This will result in significantly slower bowling consistently.

The best way to find the correct form (and what taught me the best way) is to follow the image in the manual (page 3 on 360/page 4 for PS3).

GuMZo8m.jpg

The best way is to follow the animations and pull back on the stick when the bowler gets into the above pose and then push forward on the stick when the arm is at it's highest point.

We're advising this purely because when we try both forms of bowling, the speeds for the one that uses the above image for M.Jones provides around 140+km/h, but using a quick flick down and up provides speeds of around 90-100km/h.

Bug with Free Hit

Mode: Career
Match Type: AUS Domestic 50 Overs
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): can't remember
Ground: can't remember
Teams: WA VS SA
Get Best: NO
Description of Issue: Bowled a no ball, as should be the case next ball will be a free hit for the batsmen and can only be out if he is run out,
next ball the batsmen is hit on the pads in front of the wicket, I just appealed for the sake of it for my surprise the batsmen was given out LBW when he shouldn't have been out

also I have question how much of a speed drop should I be expecting for a Fast Bowler in career mode as the Bowler get tired during a game?

I have seen about 30Km + difference is this correct?

Description of Issue: Bowled a no ball, as should be the case next ball will be a free hit for the batsmen and can only be out if he is run out,
next ball the batsmen is hit on the pads in front of the wicket, I just appealed for the sake of it for my surprise the batsmen was given out LBW when he shouldn't have been out

also I have question how much of a speed drop should I be expecting for a Fast Bowler in career mode as the Bowler get tired during a game?

I've been having that much speed drop as well, it's only taking about 3 overs before I've lost that speed as well.

Frustrating point, started career with Victoria, I downloaded the teams at first. Yet Aaron finch and bobby quiney always open the bowling. So annoying.
Also, I've managed 4 5fas already and my highest score is only 20 with the bat and I'm a batting all rounder. Batting is hard. Bowling is fun for a change! I'm loving it

I've been having that much speed drop as well, it's only taking about 3 overs before I've lost that speed as well.

Are you using effort ball (R1) a lot?

I found that using that increases fatigue significantly so save it only for rare occasions (like when the batsman belts me and I decide to try knock his head off)

Are you using effort ball (R1) a lot?

I found that using that increases fatigue significantly so save it only for rare occasions (like when the batsman belts me and I decide to try knock his head off)

Nah, I hardly use it at all. I pretty much just use good length seamers. And the first over or two are around 145km then it drops into the 130s and then 120s and just hangs about there

@hbk
Please have a look at my post in the previous page as well.
We look at every post in this thread and take note of everything said as well. Which is why it would be super helpful for everyone to post their issues in this thread and not spread it around.

We won't or can't respond to everything as it takes time to find if there is something wrong and if there is, I can assure you that we'll be working on a way to fix it.

Are you sure it was given as a free hit? We disallow appeals on free hits for this exact reason.

Maybe, if you could, try it out in a casual match and see if it still occurs?

We look at every post in this thread and take note of everything said as well. Which is why it would be super helpful for everyone to post their issues in this thread and not spread it around.

We won't or can't respond to everything as it takes time to find if there is something wrong and if there is, I can assure you that we'll be working on a way to fix it.Are you sure it was given as a free hit? We disallow appeals on free hits for this exact reason.

Maybe, if you could, try it out in a casual match and see if it still occurs?

Had something similar happen in a casual match local PvP (against my brother)

Bowled a no-ball then bowled a wide on the free hit ball so next ball should still have been a free hit.

He hit it to mid off and was given out... i was laughing, he wasn't :lol

In 50 over matches also does no ball causes free hit?:spy

No wonder my bowling is a bit slow:
VRsf33E.jpg

(resuming saved career mode match)

Is there any way to bowl a no ball from a spinner? I never bowled a single one yet.

----------

Also, why there is no review for outfield catches ? There is a possibility that bowler must have bowled a no ball and umpire missed it. Or umpires do not miss it ever?

@MattW there is a possibility that the way you're bowling is flicking the stick down then up straight away. This will result in significantly slower bowling consistently.
That might have been it - I've since managed to nail a few faster deliveries, so clearly no bug there.

Just bowled at 129 with my career player (a fast-medium) to get a great catch. Not getting them consistently yet, but I'm in the 100s more often than the 90s now.

Is there any way to bowl a no ball from a spinner? I never bowled a single one yet.

----------

Also, why there is no review for outfield catches ? There is a possibility that bowler must have bowled a no ball and umpire missed it. Or umpires do not miss it ever?

I think I may have bowled a no ball with a spinner...

I think if you are late with the delivery release input (right stick) but not 100%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread