Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Although I appreciate you reading it, you should realize that feedback will not always be positive and will sometimes be scathing. This is true for any review including plays, movies, music etc. Feedback is usually from an emotional point of view because of the positive euphoria or sheer annoyance feelings imparted on you by that experience.

Leaving out the emotional aspect makes your review robotic without a personal touch. The emotional aspect conveys a degree of how much a person loved or disliked a particular aspect which could be invaluable feedback. I agree that the feedback should not be personal but always reflect the product in question.

Still, I have edited that comment to strip out whatever I felt was necessary

You can be emotional and be factual at the same time too, and I would humbly suggest you look to your intended audience when choosing the writing style.

Also, asking a question that is answered from within the game itself and elsewhere many times on here in various posts does not lend weight or credibility to the "review".

Grrrhhh. Just noticed your signature. Steam integration is done already? :eek:

You can be emotional and be factual at the same time too, and I would humbly suggest you look to your intended audience when choosing the writing style.

Also, asking a question that is answered from within the game itself and elsewhere many times on here in various posts does not lend weight or credibility to the "review".

Alright. Fair enough.

Note that I wasn't attempting a review but sharing just some notes and observations.

I would hope people would keep that in mind when reviewing future games as well because for past games (Ashes Cricket 13), there were lots of emotional comments for which the same point applies.

Does In-Game means inside the game ie playing the game :eek: Ross what is this?some one please tell me on this

Does In-Game means inside the game ie playing the game :eek: Ross what is this?some one please tell me on this

Yes. It looks like a screenie of his Steam status. "In-Game" would normally mean "in the game" (you usually see status that says where in the game they are ("In the Menus" or "Playing the nets" for example). It's part of the Steam rich-presence integration.

Thats why he's offline. Bugger is busy paying the game on his PC. :mad

Bet the game is already playable on steam, hes just gonna make us wait 3 months to annoy us.:(

Curse you ross you are playing without me i am single without having relationship with don bradman cricket 2014 .Even I proposed i to DBC14 on valentines day :mad:mad:mad

Under players>online community, what is download new linkable players?

Alright. Fair enough.

Note that I wasn't attempting a review but sharing just some notes and observations.

I would hope people would keep that in mind when reviewing future games as well because for past games (Ashes Cricket 13), there were lots of emotional comments for which the same point applies.

If someone is performing brain surgery on me I would much appreciate them keeping their emotions out of it. However in a game review I would want the emotions to be steaming off the page.

I would want someone to be fully candid and explixcit in their experience of the game. I can make my own mind up whether to go with those emotions or not.

A game is in very essence a calling up of emotion. If not I might as well go play with some semolina. This doesn't mean however that I cannot be factual at the same time.

Matt's very candid, emotional and explicit review of Ashes 2013 saved me 15 Euro's and a couple of hours of whacking my scrotum with a croquet mallet.

----------

Curse you ross you are playing without me i am single without having relationship with don bradman cricket 2014 .Even I proposed i to DBC14 on valentines day :mad:mad:mad

If thats your attitude then it doesn't surprise me either.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously, stop. You're not funny. How does this even make the "submit reply" button click? Just embarrassing... Speaking of thinking before you mash the mouse...

...you should realize that feedback will not always be positive and will sometimes be scathing. This is true for any review including plays, movies, music etc. Feedback is usually from an emotional point of view because of the positive euphoria or sheer annoyance feelings imparted on you by that experience...

Incorrect. Professional reviewers must come at entertainment products without an emotional bent and almost always strive to be as level-handed and unbiased as possible. If we're making the comparison between "three sentences on PlanetCricket" and "review" then it's also worth noting that most reviews on websites don't have direct access to the CEO of the game posting on a daily basis, almost always acting on behalf of the community including requests and providing weekly updates in downloadable format.

I'm all for feedback, especially if it's warranted and makes whatever product we get better but there's a few folk (you included) who over-step constructive feedback and veer into the territory of keyboard warrior bent on pissing off Ross and the genuinely good banter we have in this forum with and open unrestricted line of contact with the people making the 1's and 0's into cricket balls and pigeons on the pitch.

If you want your feedback noticed by Ross, the best way to do it is be entertaining, be smart or provide it in a constructive manner. Spend time on giving quality feedback and you'll get quality results. There's plenty of example of a handful of guys (me included) giving comprehensive feedback in a constructive, entertaining and fun manner. The goal should always be "make the game better" not "get attention, be a hero and piss on everyone's parade".

@BigAntStudios - Not sure if it's a bug or just part of the game, but if you hold down the defensive trigger + L stick up + R Stick down (with either early or ideal timing), it does a kind of gentle edge along the floor/gentle 'run down to third man shot' depending on where you're standing - if the balls on or outside leg you edge down onto the stumps; if middle, off or outside off then a very delicate (with very little power it seems) edge along the floor occurs towards anywhere between first slip (balls on middle stump) to 3rd/4th slip (balls outside off). Anyone else seen/ played this?

Thanks, much appreciated, will check it out this morning.

----------

Grrrhhh. Just noticed your signature. Steam integration is done already? :eek:

It's well on the way, still got lots of QA to do and work out minumum specs.

Users who are viewing this thread