Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

am I the only person that cant seem to block when advancing down the wicket?

when I advance, it seems like just a normal shot ?

im sure im doing something wrong. just cant figure it out

Press the Right Bumper (R1 on a ps3 controller) and move the Right Analog Stick back.....that should do the trick

Thank you for the update. Just a few points.
There appears to be slightly more bounce, so it is more important to play off the back foot to short deliveries and front foot to full deliveries.
I like the fact that you can now advance to play a defensive shot and it appears to be slightly easier to advance and play aggressive shots too.
I played the nets for 15 mins and didn't get any appeals for LBW even though I purposefully stood in front of my stumps and left the ball.
I liked the appeals for edge nicks, but I've got to be honest, I don't like appeals for being bowled. This might happen in primary schools but it has no place in 1st class cricket or club cricket, so I don't understand why it is there.
It's been mentioned before but the Don does a funny 'dip' after playing some shots. On one occasion when I played back to a shot, Don did his little dip and his leg passed straight through the stumps. I take it that you can't hit your own wicket in the game?

Not sure if this has been answered - but in the actual game we don't appeal for clean bowled - this is just for the nets game release of this Cricket Academy.

...well look who swam in...

am I the only person that cant seem to block when advancing down the wicket?

when I advance, it seems like just a normal shot ?

im sure im doing something wrong. just cant figure it out

The key is to move first then play your shot - just like real cricket!

L Stick in the direction you want to play + R1, then R stick down.

Re: the update - the extra bounce is great. It's harder to play forward to short balls now; edges of the shoulder of the bat, gloving it behind and having the ball whizzing past your earholes seems to be the order(s) of the day!

Definitely very good at this point. I like that I can now play shots freely around the ground instead of trying to just touch the ball to not get out.

Advance down the wicket shot now is a sure shot. A couple of versions ago, leg shot was sure shot.

Some LBW decisions were dubious which should make appeals system worthwhile. I like that part. They should leave the cheating umpires in the game so I can laugh as their lbw decisions are overturned.

Users who are viewing this thread