Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Advancing the down the wicket and playing shots became easier. Just played an inside-out sort of lofted drive off a spin bowler :thumbs

Advancing down the wicket and blocking :thumbs

Would have loved to see bowling speeds as well, but can't complain. We already have enough with us.

My second go on the latest update.
The LBW appeals now seem to be working but some of the decisions are outrageous! :yes. A bit like playing against a club team, who provide their own umpire, who is the bowler's Dad.
I like the 'Don Dip' but his leg and his bat pass through the stumps at times, without disturbing them.
Good work. It's getting there.;)

Last edited:
but his leg and his bat pass through the stumps at times, without disturbing them.

I'm pretty sure that's just a CA demo thing, which understandably wasn't given much attention to.

Last edited:
Ross, have you made any change in the pace of the deliveries? I found fast bowling a little more faster than earlier.

I'm pretty sure that's just a CA demo thing, which understandably wasn't given much attention to.

Yea even when the batsman plays a back-foot shot and relaxes after the shot his bat goes inside the stumps :D but yet again it is a CA demo so no worries :thumbs

We were asked to report any problems with the CA. That is the reason we have had a chance to try it. If I see what I think is a potential issue I report it.
We are not to know what has been included in the game patch.

Absolutely, I'd rather them be reported than not.

----------

Ya so was on 48, then played a lovely flick shot. Ball hit the nets rolled back on stumps and out.:D #UnluckyBastard .

Yeah, happened in testing but we decided it was too much work to fix (obviously it's not in the game as this mode is just for CA).

At least we removed the bug that you were out if you hit the nonstrikers stumps, that really sucked.

If you defend with half power you get a point guys, easy way to score:spy. I know playing with soft hands sometimes defends the ball differently to a harder defend but does a soft defend always travel more distance.

I thought it would be the other way around ?

PS Still good update but I do miss the Santa/Pirate from the other versions.:yes

Ross is there any surprises in the nets for the full release, are you moving them across to the full game or just a little fun for us nuts here.:D

Best version so far. Really good that the focus has shifted from hit every ball to don't get out. Still easy to find yourself playing every ball but some of those bouncers are basically unhittable anyway!
interesting to see that the slog button gives 2 runs whereas all the others including special shots and advance only give 1.
I reached 31 on legend but after getting out once managed to get out 4 times in a row. Just like real life...

Best version so far. Really good that the focus has shifted from hit every ball to don't get out. Still easy to find yourself playing every ball but some of those bouncers are basically unhittable anyway!
interesting to see that the slog button gives 2 runs whereas all the others including special shots and advance only give 1.
I reached 31 on legend but after getting out once managed to get out 4 times in a row. Just like real life...

Thanks, we had to keep it simple, really wanted to give something to pass the time for people (none of this is in the game) which is why I asked for suggestions for what to put in the update.

Also probably made an error on the aggressive ground stroke (pulling the defensive trigger nullifies the score) as @angad also pointed out.

----------

I should add that if you imagine career mode as a batsman when that happens you get really annoyed because you care for your wicket a lot more than ever before.

am I the only person that cant seem to block when advancing down the wicket?

when I advance, it seems like just a normal shot ?

im sure im doing something wrong. just cant figure it out

Users who are viewing this thread