Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Does it make a difference if you leave by pressing the leave button as opposed to playing no shot?
I also find that I'm getting hit quite a lot trying to leave short balls.

Finally, I got my hands on the CA. Just couldn't control to install it on my office laptop itself. :D

Wow, just wow. As a consistent IC2010 gamer, I continued to choose close batsman camera mode & batting experience in nets was just fabulous. Felt that getting frustrated for throwing away the wicket on slogging. Still struggling to cross 15 runs streak in pro fast bowling mode. :p Able to get through fast medium but spin & fast makes me nervous in nets, LOL! No way that am going to start my career mode after release until I get some good control over ball placements. Some dismissals like getting bowled from edges(once, mistimed aggressive leg side shot got me out with ball hitting the leg stumps) are just classy to feel it while playing.

Looks like aggressive ground strokes awards you no runs in this update. Overall, it is the way to go for a cricket game. Thank you Ross & co for taking so much efforts to take this game as close as the reality.

Does it make a difference if you leave by pressing the leave button as opposed to playing no shot?
I also find that I'm getting hit quite a lot trying to leave short balls.

We call it the "South African Experience" :p

I will check it out.

Post animation of the batsman, to bend his legs for balance, I would assume that it was put in place for standalone CA. He is doing after every aggressive ground strokes outside defensive strokes & it's bit funny to see that when ball is already near the boundary ropes. :p Not a big deal though in nets, we would have triggered for a run anyway in the match/game.

few notes -

- the mouse pointer should be auto hidden when the game starts. I have a controller connected and the mouse pointer is still there.

- The batsman in the game should not keep doing the bending down animation after most shots like in the Nets

- My char sometimes clips the stumps but doesn't dislodge it. Some cleanup needed there. Sometimes he appears to just go through it

- Sometimes after hitting a shot he slides around the ground as if someones just pushed him and they're all standing on a skating rink. Some cleanup needed there post shot

- some shots are very tough to pull off and should be tweaked to make it easier. Right now it is biased towards straight, off, leg shots. Pulling glances and square cuts are very tough, almost impossible for leg glance. Third man edges are probably not there in the game like in real life - back foot late third man glance.

- square cut animation needs some polish in that animation if possible. Introducing exquisite front foot square shot and back foot square cuts would be a plus. I also didn't find the back foot pull hook shot anymore? Maybe it is there.

- Also how do you actually "leave" a shot?

Last edited:
I'm all for providing feedback...but when you provide feedback without reading previous feedback/replies, it's ultimately pointless. Half of those points have already been discussed ad nauseum

Last edited:
I love feedback but really don't enjoy the emotive comments such as "laughable", etc which not required at all.

Constructive, is the key word here folks. Less "come across like a self-entitled dick" and more "here's something I found, I wonder if it could be fixed?".

It's not what you're saying, but how you're saying it... as Grandma says.

EDIT:

Or do comedy red circles on screengrabs. Oldie but a goodie...

Last edited:
square cuts are very tough, almost impossible for leg glance.
Square cut is almost as easy as straight drive once you get it, check out a few videos in CA vids and screen shots for square cuts and leg glance. , you can even square cut off the leg stump if you move properly and i think the animation are pretty good and organic. May be if you post a screen shot or vid showing what you find odd it would be more helpful than just saying its laughable.
You play leave shot by pressing the RS like a button.

Plus, more practice you get - better control we get at those shots. Was just practicing straight drives & am able to pick it up now in pro fast mode. I am still working at other areas, frankly I am so horrible other than straight drives & defensive strokes.

So if I call leg glance as tough, it's really not appropriate. Answer to those tough shots is, 'go & get a practice for some more time!'. :)

Oops, never thought CA took my weekend time, can't imagine what I would be doing during first week of April. :D

Who would've thought its going to take some practice to pull off certain shots, It's almost as like people don't want a challenge and just want to hit the ball exactly where they want wherever the ball is pitching. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, if you want that those games are out there, go play those.

Having problem using ps3 controller....Am using that motioninjoy for that but the problem is in the nets the player is automatically playing without my input...This happens for some time and then I am able to play..But this keeps on happening....

I love feedback but really don't enjoy the emotive comments such as "laughable", etc which not required at all.

Although I appreciate you reading it, you should realize that feedback will not always be positive and will sometimes be scathing. This is true for any review including plays, movies, music etc. Feedback is usually from an emotional point of view because of the positive euphoria or sheer annoyance feelings imparted on you by that experience.

Leaving out the emotional aspect makes your review robotic without a personal touch. The emotional aspect conveys a degree of how much a person loved or disliked a particular aspect which could be invaluable feedback. I agree that the feedback should not be personal but always reflect the product in question.

Still, I have edited that comment to strip out whatever I felt was necessary

Users who are viewing this thread