Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Thank you for the update. Just a few points.
There appears to be slightly more bounce, so it is more important to play off the back foot to short deliveries and front foot to full deliveries.
I like the fact that you can now advance to play a defensive shot and it appears to be slightly easier to advance and play aggressive shots too.
I played the nets for 15 mins and didn't get any appeals for LBW even though I purposefully stood in front of my stumps and left the ball.
I liked the appeals for edge nicks, but I've got to be honest, I don't like appeals for being bowled. This might happen in primary schools but it has no place in 1st class cricket or club cricket, so I don't understand why it is there.
It's been mentioned before but the Don does a funny 'dip' after playing some shots. On one occasion when I played back to a shot, Don did his little dip and his leg passed straight through the stumps. I take it that you can't hit your own wicket in the game?

We added appeals (noise) just so you knew you were out - it's a CA only thing.

The lbw etc were also added to make a game of the nets.

Last edited:
I think that if the stumps or bails go flying I know that I'm out. ;)
Should there be appeals on LBWs because I haven't had any?

Edges too?

It wasn't good without feedback to tell you you'd lost your wicket.

@isrararrafi We copied a whole lot of stuff in from the game that hasn't been three before, also the PC version optimisations have come across too.

We have to pick and choose what we bring across because we have limited QA on the CA and to release something that didn't work at this point would be bad for us PR wise, so we take baby steps with it and make subtle changes.

Was this reply in reference to Israr's "new follow through batting animation being added" or "advance down the wicket and play along the ground" comment?

You could turn the sound off :)

Would make it harder too.

We added appeals (noise) just so you knew you were out - it's a CA only thing.
Perhaps the 'yeah' sound effect might work for 'obvious' dismissals.

Of course that ignores that it's the bowling machine doing the appealing anyway, so there's a much larger issue with those sound effects if you think too much about it. Perhaps get the sound guy to get a computerised voice for it...

Pretty sure the appeals are just an indicator for your score being reset and won't reflect how they work in the game. There is a clip with sound of someone being bowled, and a few chat he's that wouldn't require an appeal pretty sure it's TWISTIES full batting footage, I can't check it right now. As I said earlier the dip is just the same as the batter retreating into the crease automatically when you advance, I'm certain you'll be able to do it manually in a game.

Edit: Beaten by miles, dat 3G net :p

Last edited:
I need DRS!!! I've been out lbw a few times when the ball would have gone over leg stump and wide!! Also I've trod on my wicket a few times and not been out, other than that, very happy with the new features, I don't think for one minute any if these issues will be in the game as I'm sure your guys would have picked it up so I'm not complaining!! Haven't played it too much as I'm watching the SA team doing an England against the Aussies!! Have to say I didn't see that coming.

So just watched the video I mentioned, on every occasion where there was an obvious dismissal there was no appeal, only a celebratory 'YEAH!'

Chill out fellas, maybe think a bit before posting aswell........ HOWZAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So just watched the video I mentioned, on every occasion where there was an obvious dismissal there was no appeal, only a celebratory 'YEAH!'

Chill out fellas, maybe think a bit before posting aswell........ HOWZAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We were asked to report any problems with the CA. That is the reason we have had a chance to try it. If I see what I think is a potential issue I report it.
We are not to know what has been included in the game patch.

Just saying, plenty of videos out there, may not seem like much but are filled with minor details like I just pointed out.

Users who are viewing this thread