Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Guide you on what?

On my issue to play this game with my joystick. I am able to move the batsman left, right and back, i can raise the bat to probably show the side screen thing but i am unable to play any strokes, unable to advance. If my joystick is faulty none of them should work but that's not the case. The other buttons work well with other games but not this one alone. I posted my issue and some morons just made fun and went away, no one really wants to help me i suppose. Racist and self centered people everywhere. :mad

Even @BigAntStudios did not help me find a solution. :(

On my issue to play this game with my joystick. I am able to move the batsman left, right and back, i can raise the bat to probably show the side screen thing but i am unable to play any strokes, unable to advance. If my joystick is faulty none of them should work but that's not the case. The other buttons work well with other games but not this one alone. I posted my issue and some morons just made fun and went away, no one really wants to help me i suppose. Racist and self centered people everywhere. :mad

Are you using PS3 or X360 controller? I'm afraid these are the two most common controllers being used and there's a thread for making them work. It's just that there are so many different controllers around it's tough to provide a solution across various permutations & combinations. But I'm sure once the game comes out, the devs will provide support.

By the way did you have the same problem facing spinners? I had a similar problem facing pacers initially and found out it was coz my laptop was under-powered and there was a lag. When I lowered the resolution from the default one the problem went away.

Racist and self centered people everywhere? Don't be so ridiculous. Blanket, insulting statement because you can't get a controller to work? Get a grip.

Anyway, what controller is it? Ps3? Official?

He posted a pic before, of a generic controller, and said "it's like this, only not branded"... it may well be a controller issue.

@MadhavanGovind hi nobody owes anybody anything this is not some paid support forum, the people of the community help each other out of their good heartedness, just because your question is not answered does not give you a right to slander others. A better way would have been to re-post your problem and ask for help politely again.
To your problem are you using any emulators like x360ce? did it work well before?
is analog mode working well in other games , you can check it in control panel game controller settings ?

Last edited:
@MGovind; Ridiculous statement trying to make a race issue of not getting help. Someone is going to find themselves unable to post with rubbish like that.

@MadhavanGovind I'm Indian. So pretty much same race and yet I find you highly irritating and I just can't bring myself to help you even when I can. Forum is a place of discussion. If your query is not answered then it could be because of number of reasons. Maybe a lot of people were posting that day and your post just got buried somewhere deep before more people got to read it. Maybe you provided less info about your problem/pc config/ other hardware thus people can't really understand your problem.
Just keep calm and ask your question again. You can also send a PM to Ross. He may not reply immediately but you will get a reply.

P.S: Or maybe we all are just a bunch of racist fishes. :spy

----------

He posted a pic before, of a generic controller, and said "it's like this, only not branded"... it may well be a controller issue.

It has to be a controller issue. I have a old generic controller which i tried it had the same issue with some keys working and others not.
People should just close eyes and buy a XBOX controller. Its a damn good investment. I've one working for last 3 years without any problem. finished at least a dozen games with it.

User error. Uninstall Moron 1.94

...or buy a proper controller.

#solution

Still no one to guide me properly here. Thank You.

No one can damage the ring generic controller. It can only be unmade in the place it was made: Mt. Doom crap, in Mordor. So, it can be destroyed, but not casually. So head north my dear frodo.

User error. Uninstall Moron 1.94

...or buy a proper controller.

#solution

Respected Biggs,

It would have been much better if you had told this earlier. This was pretty much a kind of reply one would expect in case of a problem. Thanks.

I don't really want to be certified by you Gaurav. I don't remember if it is you or someone, he needed some Nokia software and i quickly downloaded it and uploaded it in my sky drive and shared the link with him even when i had a few works to be done. @All others who have managed to reply when i posted something when i felt bad that no one helped me out and kept silence when i had a problem with my joystick: There are a lot of un wanted chats going on in the forum but thats not my problem, i posted that i had a problem in playing the game and a gentleman told me to consult a urologist. This is not funny. I was really furious when he got personal. See here who is a urologist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urology

I was annoyed with that because i had a personal attack there but he is safe and happy and i have got an infraction. No one knows me personally here, so there is a possibility that it can be a racist issue, so i pointed it out. Kindly step into my shoes and see and still if you feel i dont have patience and stuffs, you can continue to think i am stupid or irritating.
@grkrama : Shall i abuse your personal things and will you say the same again?

Last edited:
Respected Biggs,

It would have been much better if you had told this earlier. This was pretty much a kind of reply one would expect in case of a problem. Thanks.

I don't really want to be certified by you Gaurav. I don't remember if it is you or someone, he needed some Nokia software and i quickly downloaded it and uploaded it in my sky drive and shared the link with him even when i had a few works to be done. @All others who have managed to reply when i posted something when i felt bad that no one helped me out and kept silence when i had a problem with my joystick: There are a lot of un wanted chats going on in the forum but thats not my problem, i posted that i had a problem in playing the game and a gentleman told me to consult a urologist. This is not funny. I was really furious when he got personal. See here who is a urologist: Urology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was annoyed with that because i had a personal attack there but he is safe and happy and i have got an infraction. No one knows me personally here, so there is a possibility that it can be a racist issue, so i pointed it out. Kindly step into my shoes and see and still if you feel i dont have patience and stuffs, you can continue to think i am stupid or irritating.
@grkrama : Shall i abuse your personal things and will you say the same again?

Ok. Right. What controller do you have? What have you downloaded/installed to make it work up until this point?

@MadhavanGovind The comments made on you were made by angad and snowy both were made as light hearted jokes and you could have bantered with them in the same light hearted manner, if indeed you felt offended by their comments you could have let them know it and also reported their posts, not slander the whole community as whole and flaming us as racist you do realize angad is an Indian.

And regarding your controller thing get a new proper one generic ones or cheap china products that will not work and cause you more problems, if you feel Xbox controller price is steep get atleast a logitech one like F310.
@angad buddy i rarely have seen you banter and the one time you did it goes off like this :facepalm

Last edited:
Ok. Right. What controller do you have? What have you downloaded/installed to make it work up until this point?

A generic joystick. I had posted an image on how it looks already. I don't use joystick to play because being a die hard GTA fanatic i felt comfortable with my keyboard. Now DBC needs a xbox controller, i dont mind buying one but i just want to see if this one can work with some troubleshooting.

I have the latest CA release now, my controller is connected and turned on, i enter the nets, i am able to move the batsman left, right, back with it but unable to play any shots, the batsman does not even attempt to play a shot. I use this joystick to play a few other small games and all buttons work well, so i am sure all the buttons are working. Even the game recognizes the device and so i am able to navigate the menu etc with joystick but unable to play the shots alone. I tried lowering the resolution, re installed the game again, still the same. All versions till now have the same issue.

----------

@MadhavanGovind The comments made on you were made by angad and snowy both were made as light hearted jokes and you could have bantered with them in the same light hearted manner, if indeed you felt offended by their comments you could have let them know it and also reported their posts, not slander the whole community as whole and flaming us as racist you do realize angad is an Indian.

And regarding your controller thing get a new proper one generic ones or cheap china products that will not work and cause you more problems, if you feel Xbox controller price is steep get atleast a logitech one like F310.
@angad buddy i rarely have seen you banter and the one time you did it goes of like this :facepalm

I am basically a serious person, i occasionally enjoy jokes, but thats my own problem and i dont expect people to know that. But abusing me by talking about the reproductive system etc is all not a joke mate. Seriously. Even jovial persons would not feel great on seeing such a comment directed at them. I do realize he is an indian and he has replied a few times to my issues in the past, i thought he would surely provide a valueable suggestion but instead he abused me personally.

^ can you calibrate right analog stick in game controller settings?
are you using any emulators like x360ce?

Okay
Great that people want to help and the question has now been asked in a decent manner. Lets lay off the personal stuff and see if we can be helpful. The solution unfortunately seems to be leaning towards a new controller or to use something like motion in joy.

Users who are viewing this thread