Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

The problem is, my good fellow, that many people make very relevant and salient points, but are ignored by the chosen few. Whereas, certain folk can make ridiculous and snide comments and are thanked by all in his circle of chums.
Use 'Thank' by all means but make it actually mean something.

----------

You seem like a right Thanker Biggs.
P.S. That was light hearted banter. :yes

thank was for the last bit ;)

i honestly don't think people ignore/not thank valid or good points because of where they came from - unless someone like the fonz had a single valid point in the middle of his torrents of bull, but then you can hardly blame people for having stopped paying attention.

as for "snide comments"/comebacks etc. by some people getting thanked by the same few people, it is possible that a few people have a similar sense of humour, and so thank similar posts that would by definition happen to be by the same people. if it's not your humour it's understandable you wouldn't see the point.

i think you are taking it far too seriously, though!

Last edited:
Everytime i've thanked Snowy... I was faking it.

There it is. Its out now.

The problem is, my good fellow, that many people make very relevant and salient points, but are ignored by the chosen few. Whereas, certain folk can make ridiculous and snide comments and are thanked by all in his circle of chums.
Use 'Thank' by all means but make it actually mean something.

Well I personally thank posts if they amuse me, are informative, share the same point of view as me, etc. I don't thank posts because my friend posted it. I don't have friends. But if you think people thank posts for this reason, I won't disagree with you. I don't pay enough attention, and it really doesn't bother me all that much.

Well I personally thank posts if they amuse me, I don't pay enough attention...

Thats disgusting. Do you thank your mother with those hands?

You gotta think before you just go thanking willy nilly.

It means something...

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I disagree. Certain members are very selective who they thank and who they don't thank, to the point of even thanking ridiculous 'come backs' and 'smart arse' replies to gain brownie points.

Can't say I like comments like "certain members" as it casts a brush across all of us. I would personally prefer you to out all whom you are levelling this at so that they have the direct right of reply.

I'll thank *anyone* that makes me laugh, helps someone with an answer to a question/issue, but I cross the line all of the time and may well be part of the "certain members" you refer too.

Zombieian I don't see why you want to be thanked by the cliques. Some of the dudes on here probably spend half their night crafting a response or some supposedly clever quip (e.g the thankfest from ol mate Biggs). Some of the same members and fanboys make some really interesting comments about DBC
and cricket in general which is why I read the PC forums. Like life not everyone is going to get along. Wouldn't take it too personally.

Perhaps in place of the 'Thank' button we could have a ten bullet point list i.e. :
'Strongly agree' through to 'Strongly disagree'?
Not really, but at least it gave us a discussion point. Next!

...we need a poll for this! To the threadmobile!

Can't say I like comments like "certain members" as it casts a brush across all of us. I would personally prefer you to out all whom you are levelling this at so that they have the direct right of reply.

I'll thank *anyone* that makes me laugh, helps someone with an answer to a question/issue, but I cross the line all of the time and may well be part of the "certain members" you refer too.

They know who they are.;)
Certainly not you Ross. I would be committing forum suicide. Over to you Biggs.:rolleyes

Thats disgusting. Do you thank your mother with those hands?

You gotta think before you just go thanking willy nilly.

It means something...

I'm somewhat of a thank whore, a thank addict if you will. I can't help it. I am currently seeking counselling, but I make sure I always thank my counsellor at the end of each session.

Last edited:
By the way, I often thank ironically. That's not an entendre.

Yet.

Zombieian I don't see why you want to be thanked by the cliques. Some of the dudes on here probably spend half their night crafting a response or some supposedly clever quip (e.g the thankfest from ol mate Biggs). Some of the same members and fanboys make some really interesting comments about DBC
and cricket in general which is why I read the PC forums. Like life not everyone is going to get along. Wouldn't take it too personally.

I'm certainly not looking to be thanked by anyone especially those of should not be mentioned.
Many well made and constructive points do get lost in the scramble to gain cheap 'thanks' by various attempts to be funny at the expense of the person making the original post.

So, let me get this straight... there has been three pages debating the meaning and the depths of 'thanking'.

Come for the information on DBC14, stay for the conversation.

Now I expected everybody to thank this post. Expect those "certain members" who apparently know who they are.*

*Am I one of those members... surely not. No, probably not... never mind. Carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread