Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

*tumbleweed*

...soooooo how's everyone enjoying the beta 99d?

how's everyone enjoying the beta 99d?

By downloading it onto a computer, plugging in a controller, opening the academy, clicking on "practice nets", randomly pressing buttons and coming back to planet cricket and pretending I understand how to score runs. How do you enjoy it?

...it tastes... metally...

....doesn't work either, now there's this weird smell.

Move the files to: 'my backyard' and see if there is still a weird smell, if so you will need to re-download it, if a small giraffe, about the size of a mobile phone, tells you to pee behind the bushes then moving it back to: 'your house' will make the taste less metally. Don't forget though that this is completely different from the real game and so the real game will automatically taste nicer. :)

Wait, turns out it was just unplugged at the wall. It tastes like lemon and doesn't fit as well as it did before. Everything is back to normal...

Everything was fine with that update, however the animation after hitting the ball with a lofted shot or and aggressive ground stroke doesn't look natural...the batsman kind of loses his grip on the shot...it can happen sometimes but not all the time...please do something with that...

Just made my highest score in CA at legendary level - 87 ;)!

One thing which I feel has been brilliantly implemented is how you have a much much greater chance of scoring if there is surety in your footwork. The game doesnt actually require your footwork to be precise all the time (though you would be even better with it), but what it does require is surety in your footwork. What I mean by this is, if you are still moving the LAS while playing a shot or you moved the LAS just before hitting the ball (i.e unsure/unbalanced footwork)...there is a greater chance of you getting out. On the contrary, if you plant your foot just before the delivery is bowled (you have more time against a spinner though) and then play according to the line of the delivery, I noticed you connect with a higher percentage of shots even though at times your footwork was not absolutely perfect. The more I play the better this game gets :D! And its just a beta :yes!

Dont know if this is implemented on purpose (@BigAntStudios can throw some light on that...if they wish to) but it works for me :)!

^nice tip angad, it does feel easier to play with footwork selected first and then going for the shot, especially with the correct foot work selected it makes it easier to time the stroke.

Just made my highest score in CA at legendary level - 87 ;)!

One thing which I feel has been brilliantly implemented is how you have a much much greater chance of scoring if there is surety in your footwork. The game doesnt actually require your footwork to be precise all the time (though you would be even better with it), but what it does require is surety in your footwork. What I mean by this is, if you are still moving the LAS while playing a shot or you moved the LAS just before hitting the ball (i.e unsure/unbalanced footwork)...there is a greater chance of you getting out. On the contrary, if you plant your foot just before the delivery is bowled (you have more time against a spinner though) and then play according to the line of the delivery, I noticed you connect with a higher percentage of shots even though at times your footwork was not absolutely perfect. The more I play the better this game gets :D! And its just a beta :yes!

Dont know if this is implemented on purpose (@BigAntStudios can throw some light on that...if they wish to) but it works for me :)!

Yes, it is coded this way purposefully - 87 - remind me not to play you online :)

Speaking of which, while the "world tour" was on we played online flawlessly from Melbourne to Mumbai and Bangalore, and the UK. We also pulled cables on purpose and were able to resume the resulting saved matches.

Users who are viewing this thread