Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94a Download

Surprised no one else commented.

Just after 99.94 was released, someone asked if it was a requirement to hit a button on the loading screens before continuing could be added so we can see the info that is on the splash screens. Not two days later, bam.. you have to hit A to close the splash screen.

LOVE IT! :clap

Yeah, no coincidence, took the feedback from here and implemented it.

CA is the test bed for us, so some things are the same as the final game, some not. The speed and spin of 99.94a are closer to that of the final version.

Great! Wouldn't read too much into lack of edges in that case :thumbs

I think Angad writes better code :)

To get every third ball also need to include something like
and random(1) <= 1/3

To be honest Angad's code had in it what is of the most over-looked elements of good coding; design of how the algorithm should go which is way more important than the actual syntax.

Any chance of letting me choose my guard? In pro cam it feels like I'm on middle, in real life I take two.

You can use the left stick to move around the crease.

Yeah I know that, but that means moving every ball, and in pro cam I'm not 100% how far I'm moving. I just end up staying in the initial position so I'm sure where my off stick is.

Oh right, yeah of course. Every time you get re-set, rather.

It's no biggie, anyway.

Great! Wouldn't read too much into lack of edges in that case :thumbs

It's more realistic that there is no edges given it's Bradman ;)

I'm sure other players won't fare so well... but yeah, I haven't had one edge since the update.

Well maybe I'm just a doofus who can't tell where he's standing in pro mode then.

I'll have to check with the rear camera.

True story : Yesterday I bought Bioshock Infinite in the steam sale. I quit half an hour in because I had the urge to go back in the nets to work on my shot selection outside off stick.

----------

Ok, I had a look in rear cam and yeah, I'm a doofus. One nudge left looks like it puts you on two leg, and you stay there. Problem solved.

I much prefer that to previous cricket games where you would often stand outside leg stump or on leg stump. As someone who takes middle or two, it's nice to see the change. I'm a fan of the possibility to change how deep in the crease you are as well. It could be useful against different types of wicket.

Well there's just no comparison with previous cricket games. I'm genuinely watching the ball, and my thought process for shot selection is really similar to real life. I'm on legend / pro cam / hud off and absolutely loving it.

Bit of extra pace in the update is nice. It's just enough that I feel like a full straight one will get through me if I'm not paying attention. I drove over the top of a couple and got bowled and reverted to defending the straight ones, which felt really authentic.

If it strays on to your legs the leg glance or flick behind square feels really natural, and the ball goes pretty much where I tend to hit in in real life. Little bit of width and I can open the face and run it down to third man.

I'm really starting to think about where I can score safely and watching out for potentially dangerous deliveries. Pulling the short ones is my favourite, I think. Really satisfying.

I hadn't even thought about how deep I am in the crease, didn't realise they'd put that in as well. Bonus.

Contemplating whether i should download this or not, as it seems to make things easier + no edges for fast bowlers.

Contemplating whether i should download this or not, as it seems to make things easier + no edges for fast bowlers.

I was thinking same thing israr, if its not as realistic as it was before its probably better for my own practice to tough it out with the original!! Was a nice touch to put the santas in, but if its harder to play on version before update ill stick with it.

Hopefully wont be too long before we get the real thing!!

Users who are viewing this thread