Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94a Download

Contemplating whether i should download this or not, as it seems to make things easier + no edges for fast bowlers.

But it has the santa thingy you try to hit. It definitely keeps you engaged but yeah it's not as challenging as the earlier version - at least against the fast bowling.

You'd be crazy if you didn't grab the update. I've had plenty of edges, although less than the last update but the fast bowler simulation is good, the santa thing is great fun and any curmudgeons who don't like it can suck a sleigh...

You'd be crazy if you didn't grab the update. I've had plenty of edges, although less than the last update but the fast bowler simulation is good, the santa thing is great fun and any curmudgeons who don't like it can suck a sleigh...

Lol. Would have gotten it anyway. My two weeks break from work started. Would have to be crazy not to download the update at least to complete/update the teams.

Ross, Have you eased out the difficulty a bit or its just because of practice that we are finding very few edges against the pace bowlers?

Maybe by reducing the drift (which I guess is done by not giving the perfect input, as hbk had mentioned that in previous version the ball was drifting so much as the bowling machine is bowling with perfect input) the seam movement also got nerfed a bit, thus we are seeing not as many edges now,.

We're looking at the edges to see if we've dampened them down too much, if so I'd expect a 99.94b over the weekend/Monday

The game itself may well play differently but it's all good practise. Those with the head start on CA in the nets will likely kick butt online for sure :)

We're looking at the edges to see if we've dampened them down too much, if so I'd expect a 99.94b over the weekend/Monday

The game itself may well play differently but it's all good practise. Those with the head start on CA in the nets will likely kick butt online for sure :)

I'm sure you have. I had a streak of 12000 as a 'Very Poor' batsman against Fast bowling on Legendary and didn't get even a single edge. The only edge I seem to get is against wide deliveries and it should go to 4th slip or thereabouts. All those thin edge against fast bowlers seem to have disappeared.

By the way Ross, is it possible to have a setting in the game for edges where you can select the frequency of edges? As we get used to the game it would be fun way to keep things interesting by ramping up the edge frequency.

For what it's worth. I find the spinners virtually impossible to play/predict even with the guides. But I'm loving it, so not a complaint more an observation.

ie until they decide to bowl ;).

Btw, if someone wants a real challenge when facing fast bowling in nets, here is what I suggest you should do:

1) Difficulty = legendary
2) Batsman = very poor
3) HUD assists = off
4) Mute the sound on your laptop/pc

:cheers

Something has definitely happened with the overall difficulty in this update, not just edges. Im sure you guys have it under control though

Something has definitely happened with the overall difficulty in this update, not just edges. Im sure you guys have it under control though

Yup. There doesn't seem to be any difference across difficulty levels or even the type of batsman you play as (Poor, Good, very Poor etc.)

Ross, previous version had the perfect difficulty. Don't mess with it. Bring it back. We want the challenge.

If they include this, a feature has to be implemented where he get to watch the 20 seconds adjusting of the machine and the option to call him a w****r after he bowls a beamer at your ribs.

@BigAntStudios (Ross), if you are planning to come out with another version of CA (.99.94b) to increase no. of edges against fast bowling, you may want to fix one other thing related to 'Off Spin' in the same update. Right now bowling machine, when set to 'Off Spin' bowls an unhittable wide delivery every 8-10 deliveries. Sometimes this full length wide delivery is so wide it actually hits the white sheet on the side of the net on the full!

Is there outdoor nets in the full game? That would be a cool feature to test all the wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread