Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94a Download

Not getting edges against fast bowling (seam) anymore whereas it was a regular occurence in the pre-update version.

@BigAntStudios (Ross), can you let us know which version is indicative of the real game - the pre-update version or the update one with hardly any edges against fast bowling?

Here you go ;)

If ($user=="Angad") {;
$edge = TRUE; //about every 3 deliveries!
};

Dim user as String, edge as Boolean
If user="Angad" then
edge = TRUE
End if

Here you go ;)

If ($user=="Angad") {;
$edge = TRUE; //about every 3 deliveries!
};

Dim user as String, edge as Boolean
If user="Angad" then
edge = TRUE
End if

I understood Angad's better...

@79c there may well be a bug, that's not the issue, we always want to get feedback on bugs.

The issue was you said there definitely was a problem then said maybe there wasn't. Before postng there is a problem it's best to be sure because otherwise you send myself and others on wild goose chases.

----------

Not getting edges against fast bowling (seam) anymore whereas it was a regular occurence in the pre-update version.

@BigAntStudios (Ross), can you let us know which version is indicative of the real game - the pre-update version or the update one with hardly any edges against fast bowling?

CA is the test bed for us, so some things are the same as the final game, some not. The speed and spin of 99.94a are closer to that of the final version.

Ross, Have you eased out the difficulty a bit or its just because of practice that we are finding very few edges against the pace bowlers?

I just played for an hour or so and didn't get any edges against fast bowling, other than that it's a nice little update, cheers! :thumbs

CA being a test bed is a good idea imo, maybe that could be a thing to keep going for future patches and future iterations, trialing things in CA nets and getting feedback before deciding whether it's going to make it into the actual game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difficulty hasn't changed as much as it looks but we toned down the wides.

Had to struggle for 22 mins ross to get this,with my batman as opportunist average and bowler as legend not able to get edges at all with seam legend.
when there is an edge its not detected not getting vibration and streak resets
btw i used the incremental update could it be due to this.

CA being a test bed is a good idea imo

Surprised no one else commented.

Just after 99.94 was released, someone asked if it was a requirement to hit a button on the loading screens before continuing could be added so we can see the info that is on the splash screens. Not two days later, bam.. you have to hit A to close the splash screen.

LOVE IT! :clap

Just after 99.94 was released, someone asked if it was a requirement to hit a button on the loading screens before continuing could be added so we can see the info that is on the splash screens. Not two days later, bam.. you have to hit A to close the splash screen.

I also noticed this and was just about to make a post about it, it's great that we can now read those screens :).

was israr i think,and bigant is lot like cdproject the guys that make witcher,whatever the fans request they release in their next patch.

Yeah, I was wrapped about this. I also asked for it not so long ago as my SSD loads the nets in less than 2 seconds, sometimes 3 if I've got stuff running in the background.

When I first loaded the update I tried to read the splash screen and just kept reading. About 10 seconds later I realised it hadn't gone away and saw the "press A to continue" sign. A smile emerged on my face :)

Great to see the team at Big Ant being so responsive to everyone's requests. Not just this, but there are many things they have introduced/improved based on feedback. They can't change everything but little touches are nice to see.

Either that or it's a massive coincidence!

Users who are viewing this thread