Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Post some detailed impressions pl
I'll be able to have more detail later. But for now I'll say this:
The bowling seems to be slow enough that you're able to play a shot, but when you are playing it doesn't seem very slow which makes it challenging. Spin bowling was a little bit odd as the batsmen played his shot rather slowly, but that might be because of me.

Others may view this differently but I don't see the moon or half moon around the ball in time, so I mainly go off the colours and then I am able to see where it is going to play the shot. What I like is that it feels as if I am batting rather than me telling the batsmen what to do.

The most fun I have had so far was trying to survive in Pro Cam on veteran with the batsmen on very poor. It's a very good challenge when it starts bowling bouncers to you. From what I can see my favourite camera is Pro but I often go into far so I can see what shot I am playing and how I react. This will be easier when I can see the interactive replay

Also the controls are very intuitive and it means that I can play the ball. I haven't even used the marker yet. Ask me a question if you want. This is all just my opinion.
Also, can we use any other player apart from Bradman in the nets? like players we create in the player creator with their kit and everything?
No but you can change Bradman's skill level.

Last edited:
nets are amazing!! I was hoping would be good this is much better than I hoped I am crap at batting in real life and on this as well at the moment, which is good because im struggling to pick out the pace and delivery's just like real life.
In the full game can you set difficulty for batting and a different for bowling? So the ai can set a good score but i can have easier battting to hope to get it still the old ashes games playing test would be all out for about 400 in 20 overs
and ai would get about 100 all out twice in a row one day test matches every time, finally can say great job with the physics and the graphics look brilliant on my 1440p monitor up there with the ea sports games on the details and movement.

Last edited:
so been playing a few minutes. was bewildered at first, until i re-checked controls. got a streak of 7, even a couple of them were ideal timing, but i'm, mostly late.

put on the sepia filter, loving it.

most of all, i love that i am actually watching the ball, not the pitch.

controls will take a fair bit of getting used to!

A and B are definitely the wrong way round for me. As are the shoulder buttons (trigger is the button and button is the trigger and so on). There might be others. I really don't understand having no option to configure the controls in game, but there we go. Hit about 2 balls out of 10 so far.

A and B are definitely the wrong way round for me. As are the shoulder buttons (trigger is the button and button is the trigger and so on). There might be others. I really don't understand having no option to configure the controls in game, but there we go. Hit about 2 balls out of 10 so far.
What type of controller do you have? Try grabbing this and trying to get the buttons arranged as per the Xbox 360 controller x360ce - XBOX 360 Controller emulator - Google Project Hosting

The controls are truly amazing, hats off to you Ross.

started downloading the Academy update, then quickly going out to get me a Bluetooth adapter, (MotionInJoy + Better DS3 are downloaded and ready), cant wait to be back :p

Streak: 113

Bowling Machine Difficulty: Legendary

Batsmen Ability: Very Poor

:D Im loving this! I cant thank Ross and the guys at Big Ant enough, this is AMAZING!

What type of controller do you have? Try grabbing this and trying to get the buttons arranged as per the Xbox 360 controller x360ce - XBOX 360 Controller emulator - Google Project Hosting

PS2 controller through USB - I've used it for every PC game I've played in the past 6-7 years and I've always been able to configure it in game, or via a file in the game folder. Never had to run any other software at the same time for that. It seems the game is taking the button numbers and assuming they're in a certain place, which while convenient if it gets it right is a bit naive if it gets it wrong. I would assumed you could configure them in the final game, but why that option isn't here for this if it will be, then I really don't know.

The game does work otherwise, so maybe I just have to learn a different set of controls to those listed. Even though they're mixed up, I'm starting to get the hang of a couple. I can't play aggressive shots at all though. Hit about 5 from 30 and been bowled a few times from that. Got a streak of 2 defensives but that's it so far. Going to take a lot of getting used to and I can't get the hang of the foot movement at all so far.

I SUCK AT THIS.

(But its my fault, not BigAnt's or the controller's)

Any tips? I think I suck with the left analog stick I don't know how to use it properly (I mean it is for feet... but is it just move up for front foot and move back for back foot)?

Users who are viewing this thread