Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

This is very very good. Like blocker said, you have to watch the ball instead of a big round doughnut which is so much better and realistic.

Hats off to Ross and everyone else at Big Ant :cheers

I SUCK AT THIS.

(But its my fault, not BigAnt's or the controller's)

Any tips? I think I suck with the left analog stick I don't know how to use it properly (I mean it is for feet... but is it just move up for front foot and move back for back foot)?

Second all of this.

I have no control over where the ball is being hit at all (when I can actually hit it that is).

Anyone else having trouble downloading it? I've tried twice and the download has stopped at 12mb and 331mb.

Hey cool - the commentary names are updated to what was on the disc version at the world premiere!

Awesome :cheers.....Now feeling good that game moved to 2014 bcoz we could play Nets :D

Sometimes I feel Audio Sync Problem ( The sound when the ball is fired from the machine appears early than really the ball is fired ).

Can Someone tell me how to use Left Analog Stick ( Foot Placement ) while playing. Is it for Front foot/ Back Foot Shots ? Can Someone Illustrate How to use it. I didnt get it..:wave

I have been playing on Legend Difficulty without any of the batting aids/hud elements on and I have to say, this just feels so... right. It is so intuitive and real, right down to the echoing of bat on ball around the gym when you dab the 50th consecutive Blocker-esque front foot defensive shot back to the machine.

How on earth did cricket games ever stand up in my mind without these batting mechanics?

Oooooh, might be getting the hang of foot placement - I thought it was a left-right thing and didn't understand why it was having no effect. Just tried the front-back option and got a nice 'going-for-six' shot off the back foot. Hadn't been able to get any elevation before that.

So, left stick is front/back balance, and right stick is everything to do with direction?

Put it on spin. Can't hit it at all, haha! Still don't fully understand the interaction with the left stick at the moment. Definitely getting some results completely the opposite to what I'm assuming should happen, so I clearer explanation of how to actually use the controls would be useful.

I agree that spin is a tad more difficult but overall still manageable.

Has anyone played a reverse-sweep, is it just using LB?

Cheers

got my streak up to 8! left-arm fast too, england take note!!

really struggled against spin though, and not got the hang of anything too short/wide, but if you can drive it or forward defensive it's mine!

Users who are viewing this thread