Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

this is not just the game, its a cricket book, whomever want to learn cricket can play this and they can become a master, i am seriously telling this :clap

After having played the nets for quite some time now, its fair to say that at any level above 'PRO', it will be a challenge to score runs freely.

Wait..what? You got it working? I thought you said your system wasn't supporting it.

A suggestion:

Have a "hit button to start" on the loading screens with the score-cards.
I have installed on an SSD and this screen only shows up for 3 seconds maximum. I want to read it all and it would be a shame for all the work developers have done to include these things only for people not to have the chance to read them.

Argh! I don't tweaking understand this game! It's gone BACK to the mixed up controls, EVEN THOUGH I've set them up properly in the emulator in the game folder and they worked fine first time!

Wait..what? You got it working? I thought you said your system wasn't supporting it.

I thought it wasnt supporting it, But then re-downloaded the installation file, reinstalled .net 2010 and the game started ruuning on my system. Infact, it runs absolutely fine without any lag now on even the highest settings (which is surprising, as the previous version of CA used to lag on my laptop) :yes

Oh man..lucky you. Enjoy!

This is definitely pissing me off a bit now. I can either get the controller working perfectly on the menu (in which case the batting controls get all messed up), or I can get the batting set up right (in which case the menu controls get all screwed up). I have no idea what the effect is on bowling because I can't find out yet. If I can get the batting and bowling working together at the same time with the controller, then I can just use keyboard on the menu and no real harm done, but if for some reason the game isn't going to function properly unless I change the control set up all the time, it's going to be a real pain in the arse. Unfortunately I can't find out how the bowling behaves in relation to the control mix up until I get the game.

Just wanted to say a big thanks once again to Ross for releasing the nets. Of course it was disappointing not to get the full game before the end of the year but what a fantastic alternative. Instead of nothing, or a demo that gave you a mini game, we get a chance to practice batting and learning how to play completely before getting the game. This way we should be confident enough with the controls to go straight into playing matches when we get the game, rather than spending our first couple of weeks in the nets or going straight into games as novices and being skittled out for nothing.

Really enjoying the nets practice and the controls seem revolutionary compared to what we have seen before. Everything just makes sense.

eagle%20xbox-06.jpg

FFS. You may as well just stick with Cricket 07

And where is the logic in buying something like that when you can just buy a controller in the first place...

Last edited:
for me i struggled to hit the ball a bit on lower difficulty's on legend found it easier to do good shots because of more control over the angles and feet, anyone struggling might help to try legend and just remember to block the good line and length bowls, so realistic spin as well usually spin is like hitting easy slow balls this you really have to wait and time it with the spin

Love how the ball doesn't always go in the intended direction even when the timing is ideal... All because you didn't get your feet placement correct.

yeah i noticed that like some cover drives go up for a easy catch even with good timing because didnt get the feet perfect will make so much more interesting to play and getting out with out it being cheap, hope will be very hard to master as a game so will always we learning, if the bowling is even 90% as good as the batting then this will be one of the best sports sims around

Users who are viewing this thread