Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Think I might have sorted the controls out finally but I'm going to have to wait and keep checking to be sure, and then hope the bowling and everything functions fine. Even with my problems with the controller set up though, I can't imagine how anyone can even conceive of trying to play it with a keyboard, haha! Good luck with that! :thumbs

Ross I just noticed something, can you confirm if it is in the final version of the game.

Before a ball is bowled if I move my batsman's position it is saved as a default location for the next ball. Is the permanent.

Does anyone know why there's the option to change The Don's mentality in the nets? I thought that only made a difference if the AI was controlling the batsman? But it's in the options menu on a practice mode where you're controlling the batsmen - does it change the type of shots played or something?

I didn't notice a change when I played with the setting.

I guess it would be relevant if you were bowling and needed to set how you wanted the batsman to play (which makes me hope that we can also bowl in the nets at some point).

Yeah it would be cool to get one more update with bowling between now and release.

I think my control problems have abated (for now) - I can finally get back to batting practice. Feels goooood. I'm very worried about the amount of shots that would be caught though, haha! It's probably for the best I'm only controlling one player in a team! :lol

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to dance down the pitch (R1) and then defend the ball (R2).

It doesn't seem to work for me unfortunetly, it isn't that big of a deal, but it is a big part of facing spin bowling. (ala Clarke)

The spin bowling is actually incredibly loopy and a bit slow. I never played high level cricket, just 4th grade. Is that how the good spinners bowl? I was expecting it to move through the air a fair bit faster.

I don't think you can dance down and defend - at least I haven't been able to - the dancing down already seems to set it up for swinging bat motion. I've been a bit confused by the spin too. Lots and lots of drift but that is on Legend mode so it might just be bowling spin that's really difficult to play. Lesser bowlers might be a bit easier.

Hey guys, I was wondering if it was possible to dance down the pitch (R1) and then defend the ball (R2).

It doesn't seem to work for me unfortunetly, it isn't that big of a deal, but it is a big part of facing spin bowling. (ala Clarke)

The spin bowling is actually incredibly loopy and a bit slow. I never played high level cricket, just 4th grade. Is that how the good spinners bowl? I was expecting it to move through the air a fair bit faster.
Best I ever faced was the ex spin coach of a rather well known Indian spinner. Had me in a tangle

Honestly though, this is the first game in a long time where I enjoy failing. I love getting a little nick or dancing down the wicket to smack the ball only to get outspun, just insanely fun.

My favourite moments in the nets so far was the first ball that I faced that was aimed at my head! The ducking animation looks fabulous! I set up the bowling markers to bowl constant bouncers at my head. I took some footage of it if people want to see, but I think that ship has well and truely sailed now with everyone having had a ping at the game.

Honestly, this is the first game where it feels like you are batting, not that you are controlling a man on a screen. I just played for an hour straight, I got so into it and I didn't even realise how close I was to the computer screen. When I play FIFA, I get bored, when I play this, I am totally focussed on the ball, it is insanely fun.

It just feels like cricket, the inswinger from around the wicket that makes you play down the wrong line and hear the ball just clip the top of your off stump. Being bamboozeled by the spin, ducking under bouncers, getting drawn into an attacking shot after 20 straight blocks. Insanely fun, and it really is a true representation of the game.

This is the most impressed I have ever been by any game demo in my entire life, ever. I've played plenty too! It all makes sense now why the Bradman Foundation trusted you guys to use his name, the game is exceptional. Cannot wait to get my hands on the full copy of the game!

Managed to download successfully through the torrent link after the direct link failed twice.

mate which link did you use ive tried to download it 5 times via the facebook page link as well as the link provided on the forum but all in the drain,:cheers

Honestly though, this is the first game in a long time where I enjoy failing. I love getting a little nick or dancing down the wicket to smack the ball only to get outspun, just insanely fun.

My favourite moments in the nets so far was the first ball that I faced that was aimed at my head! The ducking animation looks fabulous! I set up the bowling markers to bowl constant bouncers at my head. I took some footage of it if people want to see, but I think that ship has well and truely sailed now with everyone having had a ping at the game.

Honestly, this is the first game where it feels like you are batting, not that you are controlling a man on a screen. I just played for an hour straight, I got so into it and I didn't even realise how close I was to the computer screen. When I play FIFA, I get bored, when I play this, I am totally focussed on the ball, it is insanely fun.

It just feels like cricket, the inswinger from around the wicket that makes you play down the wrong line and hear the ball just clip the top of your off stump. Being bamboozeled by the spin, ducking under bouncers, getting drawn into an attacking shot after 20 straight blocks. Insanely fun, and it really is a true representation of the game.

This is the most impressed I have ever been by any game demo in my entire life, ever. I've played plenty too! It all makes sense now why the Bradman Foundation trusted you guys to use his name, the game is exceptional. Cannot wait to get my hands on the full copy of the game!
Hey mate, I can't play the game yet and haven't seen any bouncer footage. I'd love to see your video!

Hey mate, I can't play the game yet and haven't seen any bouncer footage. I'd love to see your video!

Ok mate, I shall upload it as soon as I can and tell you once it is done!

yeah i noticed that like some cover drives go up for a easy catch even with good timing because didnt get the feet perfect will make so much more interesting to play and getting out with out it being cheap, hope will be very hard to master as a game so will always we learning, if the bowling is even 90% as good as the batting then this will be one of the best sports sims around

Were they for slightly shorter pitched balls? Probably needed a back foot drive.

I think I can only play pace, haha! If I drop it down to Medium, or introduce some swing or spin, I'm hopeless, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread