Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Ross, watching Peter tweaking Siddle terrorise English batsmen at WACA just thought whether the pitches in the game will behave as varied as bouncy WACA (good length ball chest high) to a subcontinental ankle grazer (good length ball knee high)?

fify

I've downloaded this twice and it won't install. I keep getting a NSIS error that the product wasn't downloaded correctly. What can I do to fix this?

hehahaa...just pulled some FIFA pals to play DBC14 net practise, they were not even aware of any such cricket game..man ! being an Indian and not aware of cricket games is sin !

The biggest complaint I have about nets is that the chair at mid off isn't solid. That is seriously the only thing I dislike.

The biggest complaint I have about nets is that the chair at mid off isn't solid. That is seriously the only thing I dislike.

Mine has to be that behind the wkt/square shots aren't easy to play. It seems much easier to play 'in front of square' shots such as cover drive than a fine leg glance or a glide to 3rd man. Maybe one of the reasons for the same is since we don't have the view of the complete playing area and field placement, there's no incentive to target those areas.

I actually may have found a minor cause for complaint. I made the batsman left handed and kept the bowling machine on the default. However, it only seems to be bowled as if the batsmen was still right handed. As in the majority of deliveries were down the legside.

I actually may have found a minor cause for complaint. I made the batsman left handed and kept the bowling machine on the default. However, it only seems to be bowled as if the batsmen was still right handed. As in the majority of deliveries were down the legside.

Did you make the bowling machine bowl round the wkt? Do that and see if you get the same result.

I gave it a go, and it seems to bowl normally for a left hander. It's only when it's over the wicket that it bowls to a right hander.

Just me or is it far too easy to hit shots down the ground? :P Kind of devalues the straight drive!

Even on very poor ability with no assists it seems too easy to do, very poor should be struggling to make contact :P

Last edited:
if I just use left stick and right stick with no other buttons, will that be aggressive ground shot or just a drive with less pace on the ball to take it the boundary ?

I gave it a go, and it seems to bowl normally for a left hander. It's only when it's over the wicket that it bowls to a right hander.

Maybe it's just a Nets issue and hopefully not a problem in the game. Would hate right arm bowlers gifting freebies on the leg to left handers.

Just me or is it far too easy to hit shots down the ground? :P Kind of devalues the straight drive!

Even on very poor ability with no assists it seems too easy to do, very poor should be struggling to make contact :P

Yeah but how many of those go up in the air. I guess we will know for sure when we play the game coz if some of the mishits are caught by bowler, mid off or mid on it wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah but how many of those go up in the air. I guess we will know for sure when we play the game coz if some of the mishits are caught by bowler, mid off or mid on it wouldn't be an issue.

Not many, tbh. I can't actually tell a huge difference from very good to very poor batting skill level (unless it's not implemented?)

Also it seems way to easy to get ideal timing every time on legend.

Mine has to be that behind the wkt/square shots aren't easy to play. It seems much easier to play 'in front of square' shots such as cover drive than a fine leg glance or a glide to 3rd man. Maybe one of the reasons for the same is since we don't have the view of the complete playing area and field placement, there's no incentive to target those areas.

Playing fine needs to be late. One of my favourite shots is the late cut to a spinner. Obviously it shows Im late but its such a delight to play.
Also the leg glance, I was so late that it was more of an edge that went so fine that the keeper may have caught it.

----------

Not many, tbh. I can't actually tell a huge difference from very good to very poor batting skill level (unless it's not implemented?)

Also it seems way to easy to get ideal timing every time on legend.

Timing isn't everything.

Users who are viewing this thread