Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Not many, tbh. I can't actually tell a huge difference from very good to very poor batting skill level (unless it's not implemented?)

Also it seems way to easy to get ideal timing every time on legend.

Wouldn't know as I played with the default batsman (average). But you gotta keep in mind that Nets is just a way of us getting used to the controls and not the way AI or game interprets all the attributes, at least not in the CA Beta.

I would be highly surprised if Clarke and Lyon are equally adept at batting in the game, given the attention to detail I've seen so far.

Last edited:
Wouldn't know as I played with the default batsman (average). But you gotta keep in mind that Nets is just a way of us getting used to the controls and not the way AI or game interprets all the attributes, at least not in the CA Beta.

I would be highly surprised if Clarke and Lyon are as adept at batting in the game, given the attention to detail in the game.

yeah true, I guess we are playing as Bradman :P

Playing fine needs to be late. One of my favourite shots is the late cut to a spinner. Obviously it shows Im late but its such a delight to play.
Also the leg glance, I was so late that it was more of an edge that went so fine that the keeper may have caught it.

I tried playing flick and leg glance to fine leg, and glides to third man but couldn't pull them off. But cover drives, on & off drives and pull & cut shots were much easier to pull off. Maybe we need to figure out the timing for behind the square shots.

One of the crowning achievements of this batting system so far is that it shows you really can bat, and enjoy it, without needing a pitch marker!

And, as someone said before, it makes you watch the ball, which is how it happens in... ummm... REAL cricket.

Exactly. My only complaint is my eyes hurt like hell after looking at the screen for so long. I need this on my TV, not on a small screen... But you're actually watching the ball, picking the delivery... playing for spin (or swing). It's incredible.

RIP Circle on a pitch.

- didn't see any marked diff between front foot and back foot shots animation point of view
- moving right stick (xbox 360 controller) just a bit doesn't cause any movement. Need to move it almost all the way. So how do you control shot speed for say a quick single type shot?
- advance down the wicket is almost impossible for fast bowlers, doable easily for spinners. The batsman moves in a diagonal exposing stumps and hitting cross bat like baseball instead of straighter.
- how do you play sweeps?
- left stick back and front foot movement - how does the analog stick moving sideways affect that?
- how do you move batsman before ball is pitched? the guy wasn't moving with left stick
- couldn't do lofted shots with just trigger + right stick. He just kept hitting it like without trigger
- helmet cam looks good but is a bit headache inducing
- shot timing was a mystery to me. Without the feedback I wasn't sure whether it was good contact or not although I seemed to middle most shots.
- saw a bunch of edges but nothing like top edges or 'realistic' ones.

*You have confused Front foot and Backfoot with bent down and upright positions. What do you expect the batsman to do on a backfoot to a full ball? Standup and hit it? This ain't AC09/IC10. Its more like move front, move back, move sideways in front/back.
*This is not the century stick of EA. Power is controlled by the triggers.
*The batsman moves according to your left analog. If you don't choose a direction(which is in line of the ball) then it moves in the default direction. Also the bat is high cause its more of an aggressive shot as I guess drives and defences are not in this iteration.
*Sweep-Press L1/LB and move the right stick to the left side(for right handers), if you do it the other way it will be a reverse sweep.
*The batsman doesn't move much. Its more like a taking guard movement. Once you do, he wont move again until you do so.
*Again, you can't loft because you want to loft. You need to time it but most importantly you must have the elevation. That this down to physics.(Its called an aggressive trigger not a lofted trigger)
*Helmet cam is the best IMO(without HUD).
*The timing meter shows when you hit it. Not how good you hit it. Try hitting early for chips/late for fine cuts.
*All edges are hands down 'REALISTIC'. Period.

----------

I tried playing flick and leg glance to fine leg, and glides to third man but couldn't pull them off. But cover drives, on & off drives and pull & cut shots were much easier to pull off. Maybe we need to figure out the timing for behind the square shots.

It was hard for me initially. Then I put the marker on the pitch just about a foot or two from where I was standing. It was leg spin and the ball would bounce just above the stumps. I moved away and played a cut late. I kept doing that and finally got hold of it. :D It would be nightmare against spin greats who vary speed and even direction of spin OR if the bounce varies.

Exactly. My only complaint is my eyes hurt like hell after looking at the screen for so long. I need this on my TV, not on a small screen... But you're actually watching the ball, picking the delivery... playing for spin (or swing). It's incredible.

RIP Circle on a pitch.

Pro camera with no hud markers is next level, it feels more like playing cricket than playing cricket does (Given that you're controlling a player who can actually play well whereas I'm in control of me who cannot)

I tried a bit of the Pro camera, but because of my Laptop screen size, it makes me feel a bit weird after looking at it too long. But it's going to be much better once its on the big screen at home... I'll bust out the HDMI cables after Christmas.

I tried a bit of the Pro camera, but because of my Laptop screen size, it makes me feel a bit weird after looking at it too long. But it's going to be much better once its on the big screen at home... I'll bust out the HDMI cables after Christmas.

Already done it. Looks fantastic. Specially a bouncer coming at you and you trying to get your head out of the way and you seeing the ball passing your nose by a whisker.....EPICNESS!!

One of the crowning achievements of this batting system so far is that it shows you really can bat, and enjoy it, without needing a pitch marker!

And, as someone said before, it makes you watch the ball, which is how it happens in... ummm... REAL cricket.

but cause pain to eyes after playing for 15-20 minutes with all HUD elements turned off..

Btw, help me understand what if I only use left & right stick without any other buttons(rt,lt, rb etc..), I am able to hit the ball but not sure if its aggressive shot or just a drive..

One thing I want to bring it to attention is the way the ball drifts when a facing spin deliveries.

When the machine is bowling off-spin Over the Wicket to a RH batsman, the ball drifts outwards and then turns in after pitching... i.e it drifts from L to R of the screen and then turns in.

I feel that this is wrongly implemented. In real life if you watch Swann or Ajmal bowl to RH batsman Over the Wicket, the ball drifts in from outside and then turns in.. it has a inward curve. Whereas the game is portraying the off-spinners drift as an outward curve.

The kind of drift the Bowling machine is imparting for off-spin would be perfect for Leg Spin delivery but for off-spin it's wrong, IMO.

Last edited:
One thing I want to bring it to attention is the way the ball drifts when a facing spin deliveries.

When the machine is bowling off-spin Over the Wicket to a RH batsman, the ball drifts outwards and then turns in after pitching... i.e it drifts from L to R of the screen and then turns in.

I feel that this is wrongly implemented. In real life if you watch Swann or Ajmal bowl to RH batsman Over the Wicket, the ball drifts in from outside and then turns in.. it has a inward curve. Whereas the game is portraying the off-spinners drift as an outward curve.

The kind of drift the Bowling machine is imparting for off-spin would be perfect for Leg Spin delivery but for off-spin it's wrong, IMO.

IF a ball is going to drift it will drift away from the direction it is spinning. So if it's a right hand off-spinner the ball should be drifting away from a right hand batsman and then turn in towards him.

Does it actually require a controller to play? If so, any idea how I can use the original PlayStation 3 Wireless Controller with my laptop to accomplish this? I do have a USB cable if that can be used to connect the two instead of some sort of receiver.

I don't mean to be rude but this question has been asked and answered more than once. Please take the trouble to read the preceding questions.

hi Ross i would like ask that the 0.9994 CA has solved the sharing players problems on server where a player would replace other player if they have same first alphabet, same last name and same age regardless of the their differnt nationality and teams. Kind regards.

I feel that this is wrongly implemented.

Post Joke of the day!!!!:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread