Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Perfect, thanks for teaching me!

You're right, we should probably be able to play the leg glance with 'ideal' timing just as we can play the cut to third man with 'ideal' timing. Aiming towards fine leg with ideal timing currently somehow makes the batsman play a cut towards third man.

That happens when you move las towards fine leg, to play to fine leg direction las (footwork) should be either forward or backward and ras towards fine leg. Best strokes result from las in either forward or backward direction as it saves you from shuffling across the stumps and missing the line.

I have installed it and get everything up and running but when im playing in the nets I can't play any shots, its as though the control pad does not work only it works fine in any other game I play, and works fine for navigating through the Cricket 14 menus to get to the nets.

I have the official Xbox controller for pc/xbox...

Any suggestions?

Hi, I have been practicing in the nets think i am getting better, however, I do have a question. How do I play delicate shots around the corner for singles, etc, like Neil Fairbrother/Javed Miandad - those kind of players?

I have installed it and get everything up and running but when im playing in the nets I can't play any shots, its as though the control pad does not work only it works fine in any other game I play, and works fine for navigating through the Cricket 14 menus to get to the nets.

I have the official Xbox controller for pc/xbox...

Any suggestions?

seems your controller analog is not activated. If there is a analog button press it before launching ca. Check functioning of las and ras in device manager-controller-properties.

----------

Hi, I have been practicing in the nets think i am getting better, however, I do have a question. How do I play delicate shots around the corner for singles, etc, like Neil Fairbrother/Javed Miandad - those kind of players?

they say shot power is controlled by pressure on analog trigger so you should be able to play delicate shots.

I do have a question. How do I play delicate shots around the corner for singles, etc, like Neil Fairbrother/Javed Miandad - those kind of players?

Keep R2/RT (Right Trigger) pressed 1/4th way down and play the shot.

One thing I've noticed in this 99.94b update is that the AI hardly bowls delivery where I can freely play shots to the off-side (Legend difficulty). Most of the time AI is targetting the stumps. I remember when the Nets first came out AI used to bowl few wide half-volleys or short balls outside off so I can freely play shots to the off-side.
Just wondering if this thing is also happening to you people..

One thing I've noticed in this 99.94b update is that the AI hardly bowls delivery where I can freely play shots to the off-side (Legend difficulty). Most of the time AI is targetting the stumps. I remember when the Nets first came out AI used to bowl few wide half-volleys or short balls outside off so I can freely play shots to the off-side.

They have tightened up the line a bit as people were complaining of too many wides resulting in a lot of unplayable shots that would ruin streaks. That being said, on most bowling types I've had enough width to play shots either side as needed.. just need to use the feet (good practice, IMHO).

It's not really 'AI' - it's just random bowling.

It won't be reflective of batting in an actual match

They have tightened up the line a bit as people were complaining of too many wides resulting in a lot of unplayable shots that would ruin streaks. That being said, on most bowling types I've had enough width to play shots either side as needed.. just need to use the feet (good practice, IMHO).

Yes I've managed to play quite a few 'manufactured' shots to the off-side like inside out towards cover or backing away and cutting a ball on middle stump towards third man or by just making room with good footwork (straight down or towards legside). But I sort of really miss the those wide half-volleys for some strange reason. Probably because I nicked a few after AI bowled tight lines and then threw in the sucker ball! :p

It's not really 'AI' - it's just random bowling.

It won't be reflective of batting in an actual match

Ofcourse it'll be.. I mean it's just Nets!! Guess I should've worded it more precisely..

In the controls option on CA I noticed the "walk" button by pushing up on the controller d pad. Is this walk as in give yourself out or walk as in instead of run? Also if it is indeed to give yourself out does it only work if you've edged a delivery or can you accidentally press it and give your wicket away?

In the controls option on CA I noticed the "walk" button by pushing up on the controller d pad. Is this walk as in give yourself out or walk as in instead of run? Also if it is indeed to give yourself out does it only work if you've edged a delivery or can you accidentally press it and give your wicket away?

There is a walk button, also known as a "doing the opposite of Stuart Broad the cheating ----" button.

Users who are viewing this thread