England in Sri Lanka

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
That was a good match to watch at the end.
I thought it would be over when Swann was bowled (cracker of a delivery) but Broad and Sidebutt did it again.
They are turning out to be better allrounders then Freddie has been for the last couple of months.

Eddie

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That was a good match to watch at the end.
I thought it would be over when Swann was bowled (cracker of a delivery) but Broad and Sidebutt did it again.
They are turning out to be better allrounders then Freddie has been for the last couple of months.

months?? u mean years :p

Sureshot

Executive member
Well SS we need 2 spinners and who looks like the second spinner at the moment? We will have to pick 2 fast bowlers since we need 2 spinners in those conditions as I don't see Rashid playing at the moment looking at how he's gotten on this season averaging 39 with the ball proving he has a lot to learn.

On the flip side Rashid is a much better batsman than Swann. It's going to be a brave decision to call.

So we're off to Colombo on Wednesday for another D/N game, predictions? From what Mahela said I don't think Murali will be back.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Swann is the better bowler and thats whats most important.
As much as I am a fan of Adil I don't seem him prefered to Swann considering the series he has had so far.
Bearing in mind people are talking down Rashid's chances of playing.
We'll see him play for England in a few years I'm sure.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I am impressed of what i see of swann,Also england are showing win over india was no flash in the pan,they are evolving well and all credit to paul,
they are winning with out huge contribution from k.p so when he fires they will be a better side surely and freddie back in bowling they will be a damn good odi side.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Very close game but I think we just about deserved the win. Broad showed great determination and 'nerves of steel' to win that game, Swann was excellent as was Sidebottom. I hope Notts think of some bowling back up next summer...

7 wicket defeat isn't a thrashing?

Well no, but judging by the amount of balls left it wasn't IIRC. That said if I was the kind of person to doctor statistics I would have left that one out as it does kind of detract my point.

EDIT: I think that innings by Broad last game was very important: obviously for winning the game but also it highlights how well he has got over the 6x6, got to say I am increasingly impressed by him, even if his bowling seems to fade out alot of the time.

Oh and
I was impressed with our fighting today, one thing I've noticed under Moores though is the players coming in all seem to be very strong mentally, Bopara, Broad, etc.

Broad and Bopara were introduced by Mr. Fletcher...

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
How should we line up tomorrow?

Do we change a winning team and drop Cook who is clearly struggling? I'd keep him.

As long as Monty doesn't play i'm happy.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
How should we line up tomorrow?

Do we change a winning team and drop Cook who is clearly struggling? I'd keep him.

As long as Monty doesn't play i'm happy.

Well you guys gotta remember that you're playing in Sri Lanka. Slow pitches-pro slow bowlers. I don't see the harm really in playing Monty.
I'd go with the same side, maybe stick in Monty for Bopara or Shah.
I'd keep Cook in there.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I see the harm in playing Monty. He's not very good in one-dayers. That's the harm.

Eddie

International Cricketer
wow..20-2 off 10 overs!!

jayasuriya out for 3 off 22 balls ???

ermm 20-3 off 11..

now only 29-3 in the 15th over..

this is slow in a test match ...whats going on ??

Last edited:

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka are building a partnership now with Sangakkara and Silva and getting back to a bit of respectability.

With the quickies tired hopefully Swann can weave his magic as this partnership could be damaging to England's cause.

wolf

International Cricketer
We are doing well, reducing Sri Lanka to 211-9, Anderson and Sidebottom taking 3 wickets each for not many runs.

We are 35-1 after 7 overs, Mustard out for 19.

Our ODI team is really coming together now, we have a settled, competitive squad who all know their roles in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread