FIFA 07 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Which one of these is the better soccer game in your opinion?

• Total voters
Damn it I wish EA would stop lying to me!

I went round to a friends to play FIFA 07 on the 360 and it's the same bloody game as FIFA RTWC. :mad:

I'm sorry but I think i'll stick to Pro Evo 6. EA are just pathetic.

evertonfan said:
Damn it I wish EA would stop lying to me!

I went round to a friends to play FIFA 07 on the 360 and it's the same bloody game as FIFA RTWC. :mad:

I'm sorry but I think i'll stick to Pro Evo 6. EA are just pathetic.
This is not the same engine as FIFA Road to World Cup!!

I've played a lot of football games, from International Superstar Soccer, to Pro Evolution, to this. This is by far the best.

I wasn't questioning how good it is, i'm saying the FIFA 07 I played has the exact same engine as FIFA RTWC, whether you just don't want to admit being wrong or not, it's the same engine from what i've played of it. The same old scripted nonsense. Fair enough though, the graphics are amazing yet the players are way too shiny; It's as if they have been covered in vaseline pre-match. So far the only problem i've had with PES is that Beckham is in the England squad and Phil Neville can score.

And when you say 'This is by far the best'. please can you say 'In my opinion' beforehand? Becuse i'd hate for people to think that FIFA is the best when in my opinion, PES is miles ahead. I'd stil rather play PES4 than FIFA 07.

evertonfan said:
I wasn't questioning how good it is, i'm saying the FIFA 07 I played has the exact same engine as FIFA RTWC, whether you just don't want to admit being wrong or not, it's the same engine from what i've played of it. The same old scripted nonsense. Fair enough though, the graphics are amazing yet the players are way too shiny; It's as if they have been covered in vaseline pre-match. So far the only problem i've had with PES is that Beckham is in the England squad and Phil Neville can score.

And when you say 'This is by far the best'. please can you say 'In my opinion' beforehand? Becuse i'd hate for people to think that FIFA is the best when in my opinion, PES is miles ahead. I'd stil rather play PES4 than FIFA 07.
I'm stating a fact- EA Sports have basically chopped up and burnt the FIFA Road to World Cup engine. This is totally new, built from scratch!

Skateboarder said:
I'm stating a fact- EA Sports have basically chopped up and burnt the FIFA Road to World Cup engine. This is totally new, built from scratch!

Well if that's the case then I musn't be very observant. :rolleyes:

When my mate put the disc in the console it definitley said 'FIFA 07' on it, so I expected this brand new game. Instead, I was given a club version of the WC game. Sorry if you don't see it, but as soon as I made the first pass i knew that i'd played this game somewhere else before.

I didn't say anything about that- I'm saying that it's not the same engine.

The best thing that can happen to Pro Evolution is for an English developer to buy the code. It will still have the great gameplay, but without that grotty, Japanese atmosphere that turns me away.

Well fair enough, but i'd rather a Japanese crowd with good gameplay and excellent graphics than an English sounding, abysmally, poor graphic game that doesn't capture the important virtues of football; The actual football.

Again, that's your opinion. I think EA Sports have got the fundamentals of football right on the Xbox 360.

Now, can we stop these petty arguments! I think FIFA is the better game, you think Pro Evolution is. Fair enough, let's hear no more!

Yeah i'll agree to that. I'll just go and play PES with a big smug grin on my face. :p

well..............it is a FIFA v PES thread right?

so how can people say FIFA is better when in some of their games i.e the PC,PS2 version of 07 theyv copied loads of things from PES thats why they got the qoutes of 'EA are finally making a step in the right direction' and 'Finally EA have realised that they should copy PES' from the lenght of the season to 'The Ball Being Alive' which is so stupid because we should already have a ball thats alive.........and they bring out these non-sence stupid little features like 'Finese Shot' wtf is that never heard John Motson say 'Great Finese shot by Henry' its a riddiculus way of making the list of new things bigger!!!

cricket doctor said:
You can't stop abusing PES can you? If you think FIFA is excellent then it's ok no problem but you can't abuse a game without giving it a fair go. :rolleyes:

You are making a fool out of yourself now. :mad:
I wasn't abusing PES-Step two;read and understand......i hope you get that under control soon,or we'll be at it all year-.I have played PES,and it is a very good game.Better in terms of gameplay than the previous FIFA's.But even just playing the DEMO,the 360 version in my opinion is better than any previous PES game i've ever played.

punk sk8r said:
hahah lolwell yhr FIFA demo sucked big time the balls not alive its dumb and you know you guys say that PES feels like your playing in Japan somewhere well this FIFA on 360 feels like your playing in the Forbidden Forest from Harry Potter lol it feels all open and weird!!!
Can you make an argument that makes sense?Or credibility? :rtfl

evertonfan said:
Well fair enough, but i'd rather a Japanese crowd with good gameplay and excellent graphics than an English sounding, abysmally, poor graphic game that doesn't capture the important virtues of football; The actual football.
Well the graphics for the 360 version are miles better.......thats a simple plain truth,in my mind anyway,and the 360 version is a great football game.And you can play PES with a smug grin on your face,and i hope it makes you feel good.Because i'll be emulating that exact same expression when i play FIFA 07.We're both happy! ;)

punk sk8r said:
well..............it is a FIFA v PES thread right?

so how can people say FIFA is better when in some of their games i.e the PC,PS2 version of 07 theyv copied loads of things from PES thats why they got the qoutes of 'EA are finally making a step in the right direction' and 'Finally EA have realised that they should copy PES' from the lenght of the season to 'The Ball Being Alive' which is so stupid because we should already have a ball thats alive.........and they bring out these non-sence stupid little features like 'Finese Shot' wtf is that never heard John Motson say 'Great Finese shot by Henry' its a riddiculus way of making the list of new things bigger!!!
I think it's more about making a better game.And the finesse shot is a very nice touch,why you would complain about that is completely beyond me....Considering you seem to flame FIFA alot why should it bother you?

well its probably a nice touch *not* but its just there to fill out the gaps in the list of new features i mean what the heck is a Finesse shot wtf man dont see pro making no Super Shot or somthin............just there to fill out the gaps of new features!!!

punk sk8r said:
well its probably a nice touch *not* but its just there to fill out the gaps in the list of new features i mean what the heck is a Finesse shot wtf man dont see pro making no Super Shot or somthin............just there to fill out the gaps of new features!!!
Finesse means style, so obviously the Finesse Shot means you will hit it with style to score something like a fantastic goal like Thierry Henry's backheel against Charlton last season.

In The Art of Cricket there is a batting power meter- that doesn't mean the commentators are going to say 'He timed the batting power meter perfectly on that one' does it!

if your talking about real cricket theres no batting power meter :S or in the games either :S so dunno what your on about oh and as far as styles go in PES6 may i say theres a exact shot like the one Henry done ive done it except it didnt go in it happes automatically theres no need for a button because style happes naturally and then thats whe it looks good where as with Finesse shot you can do it everytime which is just scripted and not fun, in the 07 demo my first goal was from half way line :S ive scored 'Finesse Shots with Henize which is just daft spoils good goals!!!

Users who are viewing this thread